Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Sep 12, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #2,596 of 2,966
Why should they use a different name when the Liquid Carbon is so well received and there is no need for introduction let alone the cost of advertisement? I feel bad for the owners and I did own one too. IMO, this amp may sound even better because the original PSU was space limited. Imagine a proper build dedicated power supply and this amp will sound even better.
Alex could probably pushed them to market it as a new amp, you know taking care of his customers and his own reputation

Sep 12, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #2,599 of 2,966
Absolutely sucks... The "x" version would not seem to be "transportable" as the original was meant to be.

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #2,600 of 2,966
After this I'll think twice about buying Cavalli now.

Same here. Really not appreciated as a move, provided it will be confirmed that it's the same amp.

I think I am classifying Cavalli Audio as a Massdrop "minion brand" now and I probably will not get any Cavalli products except those offered on Massdrop.

I do notice Cavalli has been changing since they have got a new CEO, and I kind of like the idea of making Cavalli's stuff more accessible. But this series of frequent buyer-friendly product launches is quite a shift in brand image.

Sep 12, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #2,604 of 2,966
I think I am classifying Cavalli Audio as a Massdrop "minion brand" now and I probably will not get any Cavalli products except those offered on Massdrop.

I do notice Cavalli has been changing since they have got a new CEO, and I kind of like the idea of making Cavalli's stuff more accessible. But this series of frequent buyer-friendly product launches is quite a shift in brand image.

I have not seen Warren post for Cavalli Audio for sometime. Have you confirmed he is still the CEO?

Sep 12, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #2,605 of 2,966
I just cancelled my Massdrop CTH order, and I am feeling better already. If there is a Massdrop/Cavalli Liquid Crimson X or Liquid Gold X, offered at half the price of the original, I shall get in on that drop. For now, I shall remain a Liquid Carbon Gen 1 owner and be satisfied with that.

I still think Massdrop should declare upfront all the Cavalli products they have planned to release in the near future, so that prospective buyers can see their way clearly in choosing what they will like to own and what they will like to avoid before committing to a drop. This drip-drip-drop trickle-down method they're now using, in revealing a new Cavalli drop every few weeks or months, may seem at first to be a good way of cashing in on the curiosity of budget buyers, but in the long run, it is just a machine for generating potential mass buyer's remorse which they might find to be eventually unwelcome...

Besides, I think Dr. Cavalli has built a good name for himself in the business, a name which should not be associated with such small-time marketing gimmicks in order to attract buyers... That is just my opinion...

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #2,606 of 2,966
I have not seen Warren post for Cavalli Audio for sometime. Have you confirmed he is still the CEO?

I haven't, and I am curious too. But I would expect an announcement in the Sponsor Announcement section if there is such a major personnell change, as with Warren's appointment.

[...]If there is a Massdrop/Cavalli Liquid Crimson X or Liquid Gold X, offered at half the price of the original, I shall get in on that drop. [...]

It would be very tempting if they offer a Massdrop x Cavalli Liquid Gold X/Crimson X or the likes... I'm almost definitely getting one if there's such a drop:beerchug:

Sep 12, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #2,607 of 2,966
It would be very tempting if they offer a Massdrop x Cavalli Liquid Gold X/Crimson X or the likes... I'm almost definitely getting one if there's such a drop:beerchug:

It's not likely. Cavalli is trying to do more down market.

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #2,609 of 2,966
So is the gear good...or is just everyone pissed they are not so hoity toity now? Down market.....blah blah blah. If they are slacking I would understand but if you're just upset because they are marketing to a larger less "exclusive" crowd....well I do not buy my audio gear is about my ears...not my wallet or stature.

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #2,610 of 2,966
So is the gear good...or is just everyone pissed they are not so hoity toity now? Down market.....blah blah blah. If they are slacking I would understand but if you're just upset because they are marketing to a larger less "exclusive" crowd....well I do not buy my audio gear is about my ears...not my wallet or stature.
I don't think you actually read the previous posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back