Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Sep 11, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #2,581 of 2,966
I don't have an LC but have always wanted to pair it with my pulse infinity in balanced mode. I personally love the look of the original ones as well as the extra features and not having to use that annoying power core.

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #2,582 of 2,966
I used mine in exactly that configuration. A great chain. One of the few pairings with the HE 560 that did not make me cringe at the upper mids ...

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #2,583 of 2,966
I know that it's alex cavalli and massdrop thing. But, we never heard anything from alex himself. Two (might be more) cavalli products back to back from massdrop but nothing from alex doesn't seems right; Especially when we are waiting for some new products like Liquid sparks and still heard nothing about it.

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #2,585 of 2,966
It does make you wonder does it not? But I do want a comment from Alex because one of the adverts on the LC 2.0 there were would be no more...
I did not buy it for the exclusivity, I bought because of his reputation and not ever going to be able to afford a different Cavalli. It was between this and the Schiit
and all the advice was buy the LC 2 you will never see it again and it will sound even better than the Schiit offering... I need to hear something believable from Cavalli saying how I should not
feel ripped off...

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #2,586 of 2,966
It does make you wonder does it not? But I do want a comment from Alex because one of the adverts on the LC 2.0 there were would be no more...
I did not buy it for the exclusivity, I bought because of his reputation and not ever going to be able to afford a different Cavalli. It was between this and the Schiit
and all the advice was buy the LC 2 you will never see it again and it will sound even better than the Schiit offering... I need to hear something believable from Cavalli saying how I should not
feel ripped off...
I agree, let's ask Cavalli to clarify these points before jumping to conclusions.
But I want it now, not after the Massdrop purchase is over!

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #2,587 of 2,966
Speaking just for myself, as a first gen owner: this is no big deal.

Even if the differences are simply cosmetic, I have no doubt I have a superior product. Even if it's the same topology, that doesn't mean it's the same parts.

I hope Massdrop sells thousands of these, and it funds further TOTL amps from Alex himself. What a great way to get people into our hobby: plant the seed, have them move up the food chain. Heck, I hope he teams with Apple and gets a "Cavalli by Beats" tag. Even better: Skullcandy Edition.

Just my 2 cents...

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #2,588 of 2,966
I know one things for sure this Thursday I'll be getting a Cavalli Liquid Carbon X..

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #2,589 of 2,966
Truth be told as a V1 owner i'm disappointed to hear this but I think we need to be cognisant the fact that the reason Alex came out with the LC was an appreciation to the Head Fi community to enjoy a Cavalli equipment which we normally would not be able to. Collaboration with MD gives them that, who knows we might get to enjoy other Cavalli stuff at cheaper price points.

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #2,590 of 2,966
Liquid Carbon V1 : with lifetime warranty and cheaper price
Liquid Carbon V2 first batch : price increased, 1 year warranty with power cord and software.
Liquid Carbon V2 final batch : same price with V2, 1 year warranty and with no gift.

I am the V2 final batch owner and I felt that I was the biggest loser.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #2,591 of 2,966
I suspect Cavalli actually has nothing to do with these Massdrop amps and just licensed (sold) the name to Massdrop.

Sep 12, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #2,594 of 2,966
It's weird if Cavalli not involved in the whole process of making the amp as the original pattern should comes from Cavalli. Plus, massdrop declares that it is basically the same amp as LC but a little different chassis. Sonically, it is the same carbon. So, Cavalli should involve in a way or another. hmmmm...

But yeah, that's a heck of a deal.

Sep 12, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #2,595 of 2,966
They should have used a different name than Carbon. Something uncool like molybdenum or something

And then call it a new amp. Then Carbon owner's won't be butt hurt
Why should they use a different name when the Liquid Carbon is so well received and there is no need for introduction let alone the cost of advertisement? I feel bad for the owners and I did own one too. IMO, this amp may sound even better because the original PSU was space limited. Imagine a proper build dedicated power supply and this amp will sound even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back