Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon 2.0 - Owners Impressions
Mar 20, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #226 of 233
I have a Liquid Carbon 2.0 which I bought close to the launch of the second round. This worked perfectly until i was listening during a pretty gentle rain shower and the power flickered of and on a few times and then stayed off. I unplugged my equipment and after the power came back on there was a channel imbalance which was pretty notable/distracting. I emailed Cavalli and explained to them what happened (it was essentially my fault due to the power fluctuation) but they repaired it free of charge. Took about 10 days and I had my amp back. It has worked flawlessly since then. In my living room I have my Yggy/Rag/Dragon Inspire tube amp with Utopia which I love, but in my office (where I do a lot of work) I have a Modi multibit feeding my liquid carbon which powers my Aeon Flow open. this setup is just lovely and I enjoy listening to it so much. I think why people continue to spend money to repair this amp is that it truly has a beautiful sound. It is slightly warm like a tube amp but has the base and power of SS. I hope mine lasts for a long time!

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #227 of 233
I have a Liquid Carbon 2.0 which I bought close to the launch of the second round. This worked perfectly until i was listening during a pretty gentle rain shower and the power flickered of and on a few times and then stayed off. I unplugged my equipment and after the power came back on there was a channel imbalance which was pretty notable/distracting. I emailed Cavalli and explained to them what happened (it was essentially my fault due to the power fluctuation) but they repaired it free of charge. Took about 10 days and I had my amp back. It has worked flawlessly since then. In my living room I have my Yggy/Rag/Dragon Inspire tube amp with Utopia which I love, but in my office (where I do a lot of work) I have a Modi multibit feeding my liquid carbon which powers my Aeon Flow open. this setup is just lovely and I enjoy listening to it so much. I think why people continue to spend money to repair this amp is that it truly has a beautiful sound. It is slightly warm like a tube amp but has the base and power of SS. I hope mine lasts for a long time!

I had a similar breakdown and repair just after I got my LC2. Repaired and returned in about 10 days and it has worked flawlessly ever since. I listen to it a lot in my office where I have a Bifrost multibit feeding the LC into my Focal Elear. The Cavalli house sound is something I really love.

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #228 of 233
I have a channel imbalance (almost no output on left side) on my SE output. I sent it in for repair and they couldn't find a problem. I only turn it on once or twice a week (it's in my office) and the problem may only show up when the amp is cold. I
The left channel on my SE is dead as well. And on balanced, the left channel is not as loud as the right (at least, it’s very noticeably softer when I first turn it on). I doubt this is worth fixing especially since Massdrop is selling LCXs which will presumably sound the same.
My left channel on SE seems dead when the amp is cold. I sent it in for repair, but they couldn't find a problem. I assume that they only tested it when it had been on for a while. It's not really an issue for me, since I use balanced headphone almost exclusively.

Mar 20, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #229 of 233

A Gustard H10 is a better amp than the LC 2.0.

Mar 20, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #230 of 233
Mine is like that. It has to be warmed up before using it.

I have a channel imbalance (almost no output on left side) on my SE output. I sent it in for repair and they couldn't find a problem. I only turn it on once or twice a week (it's in my office) and the problem may only show up when the amp is cold. I

My left channel on SE seems dead when the amp is cold. I sent it in for repair, but they couldn't find a problem. I assume that they only tested it when it had been on for a while. It's not really an issue for me, since I use balanced headphone almost exclusively.

Jan 24, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #232 of 233
I thought it was time for a new update. My Cavalli LC2 has never been turned off since Nov 2016, and sounds great. Same with my Bifrost.

JRiver/Schiit Multi-Bit Bifrost/Cavalli LC 2 XLR Output/Focal Elear Headphones. I'm still loving it

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #233 of 233
My LC2 sometimes is full volume when turned on from cold. Any ideas? I might leave it on indefinite with a power supply backing the power up. Love to hear your guys thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back