Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon 2.0 - Owners Impressions
Oct 13, 2016 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 233

checha31

Head-Fier
Hi People,

Super excited about getting my LC 2.0. Figured I  would start a thread specifically for owner impressions on the latest/greatest Cavalli Liquid Carbon 2.0.

Since I got a few mins ago, I will hold off on my opinions. Will do a 2-3 day burn-in before testing. Will be using my LCD-3 with Tidal/Spotify as music source.

Photo link -
http://s346.photobucket.com/user/manche13/library/CavaliAudioLiquidCarbon2

Oct 13, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 233
Welcome to the sixth Liquid Carbon thread everybody!  
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 233
Hello everyone,

Received my Liquid Carbon yesterday afternoon.  Frist impressions are great.  Have it set up on my desk so I can listen to it during burn in.

JRiver-> Chord Mojo-> Liquid Carbon-> Mr. Speakers Ether C,  Meze 99 Classics, Fostex TH-X00

As I listen I'll let you know what I hear.
dt880smile.png

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #4 of 233
Guys,

As pointed out by my fellow head-fi'er - warrenpchi, guess I jumped the gun on this thread :) Too excited when I got the LC.

I will leave it to you all on whether you want me to keep this thread or close it.

Sorry for the confusion

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 233

Received my Liquid Carbon yesterday afternoon.  Frist impressions are great.  Have it set up on my desk so I can listen to it during burn in.

JRiver-> Chord Mojo-> Liquid Carbon-> Mr. Speakers Ether C,  Meze 99 Classics, Fostex TH-X00

That's a pretty fantastic combination there!  Wondering how Amarra 4 will affect the sound... I guess we'll know soon!  
smile.gif

As pointed out by my fellow head-fi'er - warrenpchi, guess I jumped the gun on this thread
smily_headphones1.gif
Too excited when I got the LC.

I will leave it to you all on whether you want me to keep this thread or close it.

Sorry for the confusion

Lol, no I think it's great!  It's just been a running joke that there are so many Carbon threads.  
biggrin.gif

If I have a vote, I'd cast it in favor of leaving this thread open.  And if you ask me, I even think the "Finding a DAC" thread should be re-opened as well as it was fairly useful.

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 233
I received mine today and have been doing some burn-in so that I know it's in top shape. So far so good, it seems to have a lot of power paired with my SACD player, 1/2 volume on my ethers is really really loud.

Oct 15, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #9 of 233
Kudos @warrenpchi, I am truly digging the sound of the generation 2. I am hoping someone does an unpacking video, because it is neatly packaged. People should see the efforts your team put into making this a rewarding experience.

I'm also liking that my serial number is exactly 10X my generation 1. Is the sound 10 times as good - maybe with the nice power cable you bundled 
wink_face.gif

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #10 of 233
  Kudos @warrenpchi, I am truly digging the sound of the generation 2. I am hoping someone does an unpacking video, because it is neatly packaged. People should see the efforts your team put into making this a rewarding experience.

I'm also liking that my serial number is exactly 10X my generation 1. Is the sound 10 times as good - maybe with the nice power cable you bundled 
wink_face.gif

​FYI it also sounds better if you are wearing the sweet cavalli shirt while listening.........

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #12 of 233
  Perhaps I missed it in another LC thread, but anyone have impressions of differences between LC v1.0 and v2.0?

I would recommend to wait about a week until the burn-in is complete. Even then, it would be very difficult to tell differences, without direct comparison - meaning that from memory, it would be just about impossible to say. I have personally heard the demo, the version 1, and the version 2, at home. I could not pick out anything in particular to state about any of the three, though the version 2 is sounding quite nice as it burns in.

I'll post back next weekend if anything in particular stands out regarding the single-ended output, which did cause concern for me through my easy to drive headphones, such as Fostex TH-X00.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #13 of 233
I received mine yesterday, however, it did not include the NRG cable, Amara license and Cavalli T-shirt. Does anyone know if these are delivered separately?

Thanks in advance

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #14 of 233
  I received mine yesterday, however, it did not include the NRG cable, Amara license and Cavalli T-shirt. Does anyone know if these are delivered separately?

Thanks in advance

Just picked mine up today, everything was nicely packed together... amp, power cord, and T-shirt. No material or reference to Amara however so not sure what is up with that???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back