Cavalli Audio - Next Phase
Jan 21, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #63 of 77
Welcome Warren. I was one of the very first retail purchasers who got the Liquid Fire - and am still enjoying it. My headphones have changed but the LF is still here. I hope so is the spirit of Cavalli Audio!

Cheers,
Louis Armstrong

Jan 21, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #66 of 77
  And now, I can announce that we are embarking on something new and exciting.  It is with the greatest pleasure that I can tell you all that Warren Chi (yes, the Head-Fi moderator that you know and love) will be joining Cavalli Audio as its new CEO to move the company and its products to the next stage of providing all of you with the best personal audio products we know how to design and build.

More to come…………………..

Congratulations to you both! I've lusted after a Cavalli amp since I first heard them, but they were out of my reach. Now with the Liquid Carbon I finally own one! It's a great amp and I'm eager to see what comes next.

Jan 22, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #67 of 77
Yes, I'm on board for liquid spark, the Dac, the..... Yah! Congratulations. Get to work (please)

Jan 22, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #68 of 77
  LOLOLOL, beware of anything I post on April 1st!  Though, for the record, I believe it was Amos who posted about the AK480.  
tongue.gif

Ha! Who showed me the completed mock-up pic while at A&K in LA! I'll have to think up something better for this year now....

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #69 of 77
Congratulations,

In my World, CEO carries alota weight.  All I've worked with work more hours than anybody, typically 16+ hours per day, their schedules run 3 years out and they're typically smarter than the guys that nominated them. phew, it's a hell of a job!

So, I'm impressed in the "Vote of Confidence" someone placed in you!  

I have no idea of what Cavelli is, Atomicbob seems to love the stuff, other than that I can only think that Cavelli stuff is pricier than the Stoddard Stuff and Tyll interviews Dr.Alex from time to time.  

Are you moving to Arizona?, are we to see photo's of the operation?, is there to be a Dealer Network?, an International presence?, a consistent product availability?  all that is just for starters.

I had a look at the Cavelli site and had a hard time figuring out if I could buy something or anything for that matter.  I'd say you have your work cut out for you. 

Mr.Cavelli seems to be a capable Designer, able to sell everything he can produce. Are you to be the Administrator addressing multiple deferred structural issues, charged with the responsibility of taking the Company into our changing sales environment?  I'd say that your youthful age speaks for the personal energy needed, certainly an older person will admire your vigor and physical abilities.  

Of course, pranks and silliness will be things of the past, from now on you'll be expected to say "what you mean and mean what you say".  No fool'n around.  And you'll need a proper wardrobe of Armani ( minimum ) cause people respect clothes : CEOs are Official and Formal!  If you expect people to respect you, you'll dress for respect.  

I'd suppose Cavelli is the Dan D'Agustino of the headphone world, competing with a few like Chord, hmm, the $3,000 to $6,000 manufacturers.  Which suggests that you are gonna have your Act Together.   I expect to read about what makes your products so useful and desirable, for now it seems to be a rather well kept secret, shared between owners, so I guess you have "Word-of-Mouth" working for you.  You will need Videos, maybe done by Tyll or by Jude's helper.  

You have a Cavelli son somewhere in the wings.  Reminds me of Ford Motor Co.  It's a tricky relationship, you'll always be no.3.  Sorry

Well, this launches you, keep good records, build the Resume, you may be Harmon's VP of headphones in 5 years time.  Stay ready! 

Tony in Michigan

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #70 of 77
  Welcome Warren. I was one of the very first retail purchasers who got the Liquid Fire - and am still enjoying it. My headphones have changed but the LF is still here. I hope so is the spirit of Cavalli Audio!

Wow, a Liquid Fire veteran!  My respect to you sir!  
smile.gif
  I can assure you that the spirit of Cavalli Audio is not only alive and thriving, but about to undergo a growth spurt as well.

Congratulations to both of you!

Thanks bro!  Long time no see!  
redface.gif

Get to work (please)

Yes sir!

LOLOLOL, beware of anything I post on April 1st!  Though, for the record, I believe it was Amos who posted about the AK480.  
tongue.gif

Ha! Who showed me the completed mock-up pic while at A&K in LA! I'll have to think up something better for this year now....

Yes, but I didn't post it!  
biggrin.gif

Congratulations,

In my World, CEO carries alota weight.  All I've worked with work more hours than anybody, typically 16+ hours per day, their schedules run 3 years out and they're typically smarter than the guys that nominated them. phew, it's a hell of a job!

So, I'm impressed in the "Vote of Confidence" someone placed in you!  

I have no idea of what Cavelli is, Atomicbob seems to love the stuff, other than that I can only think that Cavelli stuff is pricier than the Stoddard Stuff and Tyll interviews Dr.Alex from time to time.  

Are you moving to Arizona?, are we to see photo's of the operation?, is there to be a Dealer Network?, an International presence?, a consistent product availability?  all that is just for starters.

I had a look at the Cavelli site and had a hard time figuring out if I could buy something or anything for that matter.  I'd say you have your work cut out for you. 

Mr.Cavelli seems to be a capable Designer, able to sell everything he can produce. Are you to be the Administrator addressing multiple deferred structural issues, charged with the responsibility of taking the Company into our changing sales environment?  I'd say that your youthful age speaks for the personal energy needed, certainly an older person will admire your vigor and physical abilities.  

Of course, pranks and silliness will be things of the past, from now on you'll be expected to say "what you mean and mean what you say".  No fool'n around.  And you'll need a proper wardrobe of Armani ( minimum ) cause people respect clothes : CEOs are Official and Formal!  If you expect people to respect you, you'll dress for respect.  

I'd suppose Cavelli is the Dan D'Agustino of the headphone world, competing with a few like Chord, hmm, the $3,000 to $6,000 manufacturers.  Which suggests that you are gonna have your Act Together.   I expect to read about what makes your products so useful and desirable, for now it seems to be a rather well kept secret, shared between owners, so I guess you have "Word-of-Mouth" working for you.  You will need Videos, maybe done by Tyll or by Jude's helper.  

You have a Cavelli son somewhere in the wings.  Reminds me of Ford Motor Co.  It's a tricky relationship, you'll always be no.3.  Sorry

Well, this launches you, keep good records, build the Resume, you may be Harmon's VP of headphones in 5 years time.  Stay ready! 

Tony in Michigan

Whoa... 
eek.gif

Well, first of all, thanks Tony!  You're as fun and quirky as ever, and don't you ever change as I wouldn't have you any other way!  
smile.gif

To answer your questions, yes, 16+ hours days are actually fairly normal for me.  I just happen to have a three-year roadmap for Cavalli Audio, though I admit that plans and forecasts get sketchier the farther out that goes.  Beyond 18 months, there's a rather sharp drop-off in precision... and by the start of Y3 (Q9), it's more a series of very-complicated conditionals.  That said, yes, we are looking out pretty far.  I'll never be smarter than Alex (Dr. Cavalli)... but I would like to think that I have a skill set that complements his, so that he and I work rather well together... thus being more than the sum of our parts.

FWIW, I agree with atomicbob, at least subjectively.  He has the additional benefit of having taken his own trusted measurements to support his subjective opinion, so he's got one up on me there. BTW, thanks for taking the time and effort to measure the Carbon atomicbob!

No, I will not be moving to Arizona.  This is mainly because I can do more good being here in Southern California, but also because Cavalli Audio is based in Austin, TX.  We probably won't be posting up photos of the operation any time soon because (a) there's really more important stuff that we need to focus on, especially at this particular time; and (b) we don't have any.  There is no dealer network as of yet, but I will be rectifying that soon.  We have very little international presence at the moment, and I will also be rectifying that as well.  As for consistent product availability, yes, we intend to maintain that for all future products, beginning with the upcoming Liquid Spark.  However, all of our current amps will still be subject to batched production runs, with the exception of the Liquid Carbon, which was a limited production run to begin with.

Yes, Alex is indeed an incredibly talented designer, though I would imagine that I have a rather unique perspective on this that few others share.  I think that if you were to ask those who are close to Alex, like our wonderful friend @dBel84, you'd find that Alex's true genius lays not with amps that he has built, but with the amp designs that few have ever seen or heard.  The world is not yet ready for those amps, and might never be.  Am I "the Administrator addressing multiple deferred structural issues, charged with the responsibility of taking the Company into our changing sales environment?"  No.  Manufacturing, distributing and supporting Cavalli Audio amps is not rocket science, just a lot of hard work, with bits of smart work in all the right places.  As such, we refuse to be blinded by unnecessary complexity.  The mission is simple, to make our fellow Head-Fiers as happy as possible, enjoying the music they love, with the amps we make.  Once we nail that down perfectly, then we'll start to sweat the small stuff.

So a horse, a rabbi, and Alex Cavalli walk into a bar...

I was actually thinking of Cavalli Audio biker jackets.  Someone else though Cavalli Audio stetsons would be a good idea.  And we can never agree on types of shirts.  If we're not careful, we might show up looking like the biker from The Village People.  We make amps, not fashion trends, so you'll just have to give us a pass on this one.  That said, I created the Head-Fi gang sign, and pioneered the concept of Schiit pants, so prepare yourself for the unexpected.

Yeah, some of our amps are harder to afford than others.  I don't know if it surprises you to know this, but the costs of building those amps are rather high.  So even though it's not fiscally easy to get into a Cavalli amp, I have no problem sleeping at nights knowing we actually don't make a lot of profit on those at all.  And of course, we recently created the Liquid Carbon and offered that at a cray cray price to make it affordable enough for almost everyone who's been saving up for a Cavalli.

If there is another Cavalli waiting in the wings, that would be fantastic.  If not, I have a specific person in mind to take up a key spot in Cavalli Audio.  Someone whom I would love to work with someday, someone who I respect tremendously, and someone whom I consider my elder in the Cavalli Audio family.  I am, of course, referring to @dBel84... without whom Cavalli Audio would not exist today.

Lol @ a Harman VP position... I'll leave that to you.

Warren in California

Jan 23, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #71 of 77
Mr. Chi,

Weeeeellllll Okaaaaay, hmm.

I read the Announcement and thought : Wow, CEO !, thats like the Queen in the nest of worker bees, thats Financial & all decision making, the Eye of the Hurricane and the person responsible for the entire Company.  

I understand, sort-of :  you're "Not" moving to Austin, you're "Not" Head-fi any-longer but you do write nice notes to folks like me.  

By the way, I don't think that Cavelli Amps are expensive!, they're probably good value for money, certainly not as expensive as the Electronic Package in the average Buick.  And I don't imagine anyone's getting rich making the things ( I've worked with manufacturing costs ).  

So, it takes one Decade for an Economy to recover from a Bubble Burst!, that next Decade of pent up demand begins in 2017, you're in good position to take advantage.  

I wish you well.

Tony in Michigan

ps.  I'll try to keep an eye on Cavelli 

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #74 of 77
Kill 'em Warren,... Havin you on board is having the best of the best!!!

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #75 of 77
Quote:WarrenCEO
  If there is another Cavalli waiting in the wings, that would be fantastic.  If not, I have a specific person in mind to take up a key spot in Cavalli Audio.  Someone whom I would love to work with someday, someone who I respect tremendously, and someone whom I consider my elder in the Cavalli Audio family.  I am, of course, referring to @dBel84... without whom Cavalli Audio would not exist today.

SO, we have dBel84 to blame for all this....!!!

Be sure to send birthday presents and new year greetings to dB each year....!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back