Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Apr 24, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #451 of 1,195
Any idea where the number of units sold now? Whats the last #.

691 for me on 4/20 so guessing over 300 units by now.

Apr 24, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #452 of 1,195
I am a bit confused. If i can order it now on the website, does that mean I am guaranteed to get it? Thanks

Apr 24, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #453 of 1,195
  I am a bit confused. If i can order it now on the website, does that mean I am guaranteed to get it? Thanks

Yes, eventually. The first lot of 500 pieces will start appearing in about four months.

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #463 of 1,195
Hey Guys...

Sorry for my delayed response.

Since many of you were kind enough to reply to my post back on page 28, including Dr. Cavalli, I just want to thank you all for taking the time to offer your suggestions, additional information, and humor. Instead of re posting all of the responses and answering them individually, I'll just absorb what was suggested and search for the head phones that would suit me personally.  Your insight is much appreciated....I will look into the items that were mentioned, and I think that attending a meet would  be great.  Fortunately I've just discovered that there is a Florida group here, and a meet is hopefully shaping up for this July.

I am currently considering open vs. closed headphones, and hope to demo some headphones to determine the type of sound I prefer, as was suggested.  
As for the rabbit hole..:)  I was originally considering mid-fi phones, and entry level amp/dac as a starting point, with an associated price point of under $1k.
Then I came upon this thread, and figured it might be better to upgrade to the liquid carbon amp, mid-fi phones, and a mid level DAC for a price point of around $1.5k.
Now....(looks around to make sure his girlfriend isn't looking)...after reading the great thread about the Spring Hill, TN. meet that recently occurred, I was struck by the rave reviews of the pairing of the Liquid Carbon amp and the Mr. Speaker Ether headphones.. In particular a quote by MattTCG.."For me, the Ether is clearly more enjoyable headphone than the hd800. Even when I put the hd800 on $3500 Woo wa-5 with stellar pair of Royal Princess tubes, the Ether sounded better and excelled both technically and musically...all while on the $600 soon to be released Cavali Carbon amp."  Good grief, a $1.5k headphone, Liquid Carbon amp, and nice DAC for a total cost of 2.5k +..  Tempting, but too shocking for my domestic situation me thinks..  I'm getting to old to outrun the rolling pin..:)

But lust is a wonderful thing, so I'll keep my budget of 1.5k for now, and once I get my setup I'll start planning my next upgrade...
Heck, the Ether's will be waiting and calling my name, along with several other contenders in that price range.  And of course, I'll need to look at things like a Liquid Crimson amp and a high line DAC to accompany them....

Yes Alice, we have arrived.

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #464 of 1,195
  Hey Guys...

Sorry for my delayed response.

Since many of you were kind enough to reply to my post back on page 28, including Dr. Cavalli, I just want to thank you all for taking the time to offer your suggestions, additional information, and humor. Instead of re posting all of the responses and answering them individually, I'll just absorb what was suggested and search for the head phones that would suit me personally.  Your insight is much appreciated....I will look into the items that were mentioned, and I think that attending a meet would  be great.  Fortunately I've just discovered that there is a Florida group here, and a meet is hopefully shaping up for this July.

I am currently considering open vs. closed headphones, and hope to demo some headphones to determine the type of sound I prefer, as was suggested.  
As for the rabbit hole..:)  I was originally considering mid-fi phones, and entry level amp/dac as a starting point, with an associated price point of under $1k.
Then I came upon this thread, and figured it might be better to upgrade to the liquid carbon amp, mid-fi phones, and a mid level DAC for a price point of around $1.5k.
Now....(looks around to make sure his girlfriend isn't looking)...after reading the great thread about the Spring Hill, TN. meet that recently occurred, I was struck by the rave reviews of the pairing of the Liquid Carbon amp and the Mr. Speaker Ether headphones.. In particular a quote by MattTCG.."For me, the Ether is clearly more enjoyable headphone than the hd800. Even when I put the hd800 on $3500 Woo wa-5 with stellar pair of Royal Princess tubes, the Ether sounded better and excelled both technically and musically...all while on the $600 soon to be released Cavali Carbon amp."  Good grief, a $1.5k headphone, Liquid Carbon amp, and nice DAC for a total cost of 2.5k +..  Tempting, but too shocking for my domestic situation me thinks..  I'm getting to old to outrun the rolling pin..:)

But lust is a wonderful thing, so I'll keep my budget of 1.5k for now, and once I get my setup I'll start planning my next upgrade...
Heck, the Ether's will be waiting and calling my name, along with several other contenders in that price range.  And of course, I'll need to look at things like a Liquid Crimson amp and a high line DAC to accompany them....

Yes Alice, we have arrived.

You can find your own nirvana for far less then what @MattTCG is describing.  He's been on the headphone journey for a very long time and just saw his "Shangri-La".  Please don't feel obligated to jump in the deep end on day number one.  There are outstanding headphones well under the flagships that are 4 figures, plus there's a vibrant used market here to take advantage of.

.....and sorry for your wallet.

Apr 25, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #465 of 1,195

LOL, this is why I will never audition anything that I am not prepared to buy. One step up at a time allows me to say "this is the best sound I've ever heard" over and over again. And thank goodness for classified!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back