Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Apr 14, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #241 of 1,195
really? I got hit with a $50.49 tax, making the grand total $662.49. at $612, I would hit the buy button. at almost $700... I couldn't really go through with it. where is cavalli based btw?

What state are you from, I thought you were in California, working on you doctorate. But I could be totally wrong.

Apr 14, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #242 of 1,195
Still no confirmation e-mail b/c I paid via paypal.  Still I have two Liquid Carbon amps in my order history.

Apr 14, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #243 of 1,195
  Hey Folks. If anyone is still missing a confirmation please mail to support@cavalliaudio.com. Most everything has caught up now, but some things may still be hanging out.

Someone asked about serial nums. They will start a #1. #0 is always reserved for CA.

Email sent.

Apr 14, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #245 of 1,195
It wasn't just PayPal with problems. I got double charged on my credit card for 1 amp with no confirmation email.

Only reason I found out is my credit card sends me an email for charges over a certain amount.

Back-Back identical charges can also trigger fraud protection.

Apr 14, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #246 of 1,195
Yes, it really is. I wasn't surprised at all to see it end up as one of the highlights of CanJan SoCal in member discussions. The Liquid Carbon gives me almost everything--definitely in terms of tone and richness--that the Liquid Gold did, only for my headphones with more modest power requirements (than, say, the HiFiMAN HE-6).

With most of the new high-end headphones coming out being reasonably sensitive--and, as a result, well within the Liquid Carbon's wheelhouse--I feel like I'm getting the Liquid Gold, only adapted for use with more of my headphones, including my more sensitive closed headphones, and even including IEMs (which I'd never consider plugging into the Liquid Gold).

That I can get this for only $599 makes the Liquid Carbon one of the biggest no-brainers for me in quite some time (assuming I get in, which, like many of you, I'm waiting for Texas noon to do). So, at Texas noon, if you feel some pushing and shoving, look down (I'm short), and you'll likely see my face.

(It's 11:54 Texas time. Six minutes...six minutes...six minutes...Doug E. Fresh, you're on!)

You've made me a nervous man about the value of my Liquid Gold vs the Carbon.

Suppose that's half the fun of this hobby. :xf_eek: :frowning2: :xf_eek:

Apr 14, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #247 of 1,195

The Hugo is also almost 5X the price of the LC. Just saying.

Great - I'll hang onto mine until Alex releases the little battery-powered amp at (hopefully) something under 500USD. I see absolutely nothing wrong with having a source that cost multiples of your amp outlay - see it in vinyl rigs all the time. Now that I've sold off a lot of my gear, it's like starting again with a clean slate - good times. 

It also takes up a lot less space too. 

Apr 14, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #248 of 1,195

To be quite frank, the old Headroom Balanced Desktop is also very small in its footprint for being a fully balanced amp with a DAC built in.  

Apr 14, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #249 of 1,195
  money4me247 is in Texas!  
biggrin.gif

hahah yup. in texas. 

What state are you from, I thought you were in California, working on you doctorate. But I could be totally wrong.

nope, never lived in cali.

:)

considering ordering the item to my brother in nyc to avoid the taxes lol. is that bad? it's too bad he's moving over the summer so I don't have an address to place an order to now.

Apr 14, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #252 of 1,195
Got the order number finally.  Sweet #500 & #544.

Apr 14, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #253 of 1,195

To be quite frank, the old Headroom Balanced Desktop is also very small in its footprint for being a fully balanced amp with a DAC built in.  

You owned one? I didn't realise. I went from much larger to much smaller gear overall. The only HeadRoom amp I ever owned was the large portable DAC/amp.

Apr 14, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #254 of 1,195
If the number is up over 500 does that mean the 200 has met and then some. Did the counter start at 1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back