Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Dec 19, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #1,172 of 1,195
Received mine today, Order No. 782, a week late from what they told me. The bell rang and I ran to the door. I knew something was wrong because no one was there and I knew a signature was required. Looked at the label and the package was for someone else. The delivery man was still in the driveway so he gave me the right package. It seem like this weighs about one pound.

I wanted to buy some Ether headphones but I don't have the money. Just saw a recommendation on 6 Moons Audio for Metz 99 Classics for $309 so I bought them. Jude Mansilla likes them also. Anyway the price is right.

Can anyone recommend a 4pin XLR cable that will work with these? Thanks and Merry Christmas.
beyersmile.png

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #1,173 of 1,195
  Received mine today, Order No. 782, a week late from what they told me. The bell rang and I ran to the door. I knew something was wrong because no one was there and I knew a signature was required. Looked at the label and the package was for someone else. The delivery man was still in the driveway so he gave me the right package. It seem like this weighs about one pound.

I wanted to buy some Ether headphones but I don't have the money. Just saw a recommendation on 6 Moons Audio for Metz 99 Classics for $309 so I bought them. Jude Mansilla likes them also. Anyway the price is right.

Can anyone recommend a 4pin XLR cable that will work with these? Thanks and Merry Christmas.
beyersmile.png

Congratulations. I'm sure you will enjoy your new gear. 

It looks like your Metz use the same cable connections as the HD 700, the HE 400S, the OPPOs and others.  Although you will have to check if the plugs are 2.5 mm or 3.5 mm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-HD700-Hifiman-HE-400s-HE-1000-NewHE-400i-2-5mm-Cable-Balanced-Cardas-/171962733505?hash=item2809c713c1:g:UqwAAOSwMmBV3RVI

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #1,174 of 1,195

beyersmile.png

Looking at the web page for the Meze 99 Classic it shows that you have a balanced cable included in the accessories. It is terminated in a male TRRS plug. Here is an adapter that converts the male TRRS to to a 4 pin male XLR cable. Also not sure how long the balanced cable is to begin with that comes with the headphones.

Web page for Meze 99 Classics https://www.mezeheadphones.com/meze-99-classics-gold-wood-headphones

http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Balanced-Female-Hi-end-Furutech/dp/B0108IEWNE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1450581423&sr=8-12&keywords=xlr+to+trrs

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,175 of 1,195

Thank you Mr. Rick.

Rollinbr says that the Meze (not Metz as I had in my earlier email) comes with a balanced cable cable. I saw the pictures of the accessories but I didn't realize it was balanced. Not sure how you tell. Anyway I have ordered the the adapter for $27 and I will see how it works.  Thank you Rollinbr.

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #1,176 of 1,195

Thank you Mr. Rick.

Rollinbr says  that the Meze comes with a balanced cable cable. I saw the pictures of the accessories but I didn't realize it was balanced. Not sure how you tell. Anyway I will order the adapter and see how it works.  Thank you Rollinbr.

The picture of accessories has two different cables pictured. When you look at the cable on the left, at the end, it has what is known as a TRS male plug. You see 2 black bands on the connector/plug. It also has the adapter to go from a 3.5mm to 1/4 output. The cable on the right has 3 black bands on it. That is what is known as an TRRS male plug. A TRRS connector/plug is used for a balanced connection. The link I provided has a female TRRS plug, so the Meze TRRS male plug will mate right to the female plug and end with the balanced XLR plug.  

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #1,177 of 1,195
  The picture of accessories has two different cables pictured. When you look at the cable on the left, at the end, it has what is known as a TRS male plug. You see 2 black bands on the connector/plug. It also has the adapter to go from a 3.5mm to 1/4 output. The cable on the right has 3 black bands on it. That is what is known as an TRRS male plug. A TRRS connector/plug is used for a balanced connection. The link I provided has a female TRRS plug, so the Metz TRRS male plug will mate right to the female plug and end with the balanced XLR plug.  

Okay, now I know. This is my first foray into headphones, etc, as I have a high end system with speakers, so I am not  too knowledgeable about these matters. Thanks again.

Dec 20, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #1,178 of 1,195
I thought I'd give these power cables a try...still not exactly cheap, but not crazy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320586538615

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #1,180 of 1,195
Just tried this the other day with LCD-X and I was blown away. Any info on the next batch?

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #1,181 of 1,195
  Just tried this the other day with LCD-X and I was blown away. Any info on the next batch?

No guarantee that there will be another batch.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #1,182 of 1,195
  Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon no longer available :frowning2:

Wish hard enough and maybe the good doctor will grant your wishes for a new batch. But I think (PERSONAL OPINION HERE) the good doctor won't do it for a while, at least until he finds a new dependable manufacturer.

Well you could always start thread no.5 that requests for a new batch lmao.

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #1,184 of 1,195
beyersmile.png

Quote:
  Looking at the web page for the Meze 99 Classic it shows that you have a balanced cable included in the accessories. It is terminated in a male TRRS plug. Here is an adapter that converts the male TRRS to to a 4 pin male XLR cable. Also not sure how long the balanced cable is to begin with that comes with the headphones.

Web page for Meze 99 Classics https://www.mezeheadphones.com/meze-99-classics-gold-wood-headphones

http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Balanced-Female-Hi-end-Furutech/dp/B0108IEWNE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1450581423&sr=8-12&keywords=xlr+to+trrs

slingshot80,

Let me warn you with what to not do. That adapter that goes from female TRRS to 4 pin male XLR should only be connected to a TRRS plug. Never ever ever ever plug it into a male TRS (SE plug) plug and then plug the 4 pin male XLR into a balanced output. You will likely short out the amp and possibly fry it.
eek.gif
 You'll probably think What just happened.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Here is a picture of a male TRS and TRRS plug

images

If you ever have any doubts about plugging something in don't plug it in. Ask and get advice before plugging it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back