Causes of balance issues?
Nov 12, 2016 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

oqvist

Headphoneus Supremus
Not sure where to put this. I noticed that when running pink noise one channel appeared to have less bass. Thought it was my new Elear that was that way. But same with all my headphones. And I changed both dac and amp they all done the say. I first noticed it on my tube and then thought it was some of the tube getting worn... 

Overall spl is the same for pink noise it´s just the low frequencies that suffer. So it´s not the DACS, it´s not the amps it´s not the headphones what else can cause the imbalance? Tried USB and optical out. If I switch L/R channel on my Elear it´s still the right driver getting no bass. Switch the headphones around though.

Can´t possible be my ears though it all kind of points that way :p However if I don´t hear the bass I should feel the vibrations because it vibrates a ton on the left channel when going down at 30 hz. I can hear down to some 20 at least with the right ear but low dbs and then the there is sound though kind of the same as at 20. 

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 5
If I switch L/R channel on my Elear it´s still the right driver getting no bass. Switch the headphones around though.

I don't get the meaning of this, it's still the right that has low bass even when you physically turn the headphone around?

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 5
  Can´t possible be my ears though it all kind of points that way :p

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 5
I have a slight imbalance ears. But it seems that the whole frequency on left mostly equaly reduced. So I just make left pair louder. I wonder if it make the imbalance worse though.

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 5
May wear the bad ear down faster is my fear. For me it´s the lower frequencies that has gotten bad.Not exactly sure the reason I think my left has always been slightly better. I have noticed when using iems if I don´t put them in the exact right way in the right way somehow it get blocked and I get almost no sound. But when having them plugged right I got bass and all so will try experiment with that again if it´s something with my ear channel being to tight. I don´t believe it´s a cold or wax this time but who knows.. Finicky stuff this.

I am 99 % sure it´s not the hardware though. If I run pink noise there is a huge difference as the low frequencies are missing but other stuff it´s at least close to the same volume so it´s not really all that distracting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back