Cat-Fi
Dec 10, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #1,156 of 1,453
Exit stage left, 18 years of pure love and enjoyment. Thx for letting me share some of it With you all.
So sorry to hear! It is tough. Recently within a one year period I had to put down my cat, my wifes cat and my mother's cat. A very, very tough year.
Our two current boys are very young (3.5yrs old), so I hope I don't have to go through it again for years.

Funny that I haven't cried over a human death in many years, but I blubbered like a child over my Beautiful Orange Baby (the lady in my avatar).

Good luck getting through it.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #1,157 of 1,453
So sorry to hear! It is tough. Recently within a one year period I had to put down my cat, my wifes cat and my mother's cat. A very, very tough year.
Our two current boys are very young (3.5yrs old), so I hope I don't have to go through it again for years.

Funny that I haven't cried over a human death in many years, but I blubbered like a child over my Beautiful Orange Baby.

Good luck getting through it.
Same! When I lost Thunder, I was a blubbering mess.

Dec 10, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #1,158 of 1,453
Exit stage left, 18 years of pure love and enjoyment. Thx for letting me share some of it With you all.IMG_9371.jpeg
18 years is a lot of love. Sorry for your loss☹️

Dec 10, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #1,161 of 1,453
Dec 11, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #1,162 of 1,453
Thx for well wishes, we are devastated. The next day is the worst.

Dec 11, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #1,163 of 1,453
Thx for well wishes, we are devastated. The next day is the worst.
Indeed Bro!

Will you get another, this is the best way to help fill the void but it is a massive commitment in the long term, but cats seem to less of a burden than dogs.

We used to have hand reared talking cockatiels which were a massive commitment, when we wanted to go on holidays or even a night away, as they would not eat when we were not around and can die quickly.

Dec 11, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #1,164 of 1,453
Indeed Bro!

Will you get another, this is the best way to help fill the void but it is a massive commitment in the long term, but cats seem to less of a burden than dogs.

We used to have hand reared talking cockatiels which were a massive commitment, when we wanted to go on holidays or even a night away, as they would not eat when we were not around and can die quickly.
we have a lot of grief to process, but pre Covid and my wife’s immunocompromised diagnosis, and we had lost, due to her moving, a decade reliable cat sitter. I initially thought that possibly travel would be presented as an option post quas, even tho I never considered the thought seriously. Instead we did domestic air b and b with the quas… so travel isn’t as important or viable for us,…soo my guess we will be walking into a shelter soon enough for a fur baby, but we have some tender feelings to deal with first. We are early retired DINKS so the pet is as important as we are….

Dec 11, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #1,165 of 1,453
we have a lot of grief to process, but pre Covid and my wife’s immunocompromised diagnosis, and we had lost, due to her moving, a decade reliable cat sitter. I initially thought that possibly travel would be presented as an option post quas, even tho I never considered the thought seriously. Instead we did domestic air b and b with the quas… so travel isn’t as important or viable for us,…soo my guess we will be walking into a shelter soon enough for a fur baby, but we have some tender feelings to deal with first. We are early retired DINKS so the pet is as important as we are….
The home feels so empty afterwards. And every bowl, scratch post and toy brings it back.
After the pain dulled a bit (a couple of months), I started looking at adoption sites.

And before you know it, you fall in love all over again.

But the pain never fully goes away. Best friends are rare in life.

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #1,168 of 1,453
CozyCat.jpg

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #1,169 of 1,453
Dec 15, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #1,170 of 1,453
Santa Claws is coming to see Tut, in a rocket...

Christmas.jpg

On sale at Walmart for $175 including tax, free delivery, and I saved $40 from the national price shopping locally online.
I always buy myself something, so I get something, and I could use a new recliner, but this is my Christmas present and this is what I want for my kitty.
Because he has been a good boy and I haven't, so I'll forfeit my present.

And I got stuff for my paintball guns I haven't even installed yet anyway. :p
And it should look cool and know I'll enjoy it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back