Cassette Walkman recommendations?
Mar 15, 2002 at 10:45 PM Post #31 of 32
The sound is much more than a simple headphone amp EQ change. I can hear frequencies that I could not hear (ie high cymbals) that I could not hear with my other tape decks. The other decks might be inferior, but I still maintain that the RQ-NX60V, with it's 1 AA battery, has extended frequency response.

Mar 15, 2002 at 11:08 PM Post #32 of 32
I still think my walkman beats all if yours, lol (jk!)
biggrin.gif

Seriously, i whipped out my Sony wm-fx833 cassette player and i am listening to Iron Maiden's live after death (100 mins single tape) and it sounds brilliant, even with the first of mega bass it sounds incredibly clear. Not too bright, which i'm thankful for, basically a very smooth, enjoyable sound. Plus i have my 7506's plugged in and the volume is probably set to '3' and its at a low/moderate level. It's not MD quality, but better than MP3 thats for sure (unless its a high bitrate with vbr). I also tested out the 580's and it drove them ok, but not extremely loud like the 7506's. Sound quality is bland though. Preset off sounds fine, like older MD units compared to newer MD units where the preset off is very anemic. the menu is handled via 2 buttons and the lcd screen (one button is to flip thru the menu and the second button is to choose). Lastly the rewind and fast foward functions are pretty zippy. I really liked this unit and now with my MD units i think this walkman can handle its own, like all of the units mentioned above. Oh i forgot, it uses one gumstick battery and also has a single AA add on pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back