Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Apr 27, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #1,006 of 2,728
bare in mind i still am awaiting the arrival of he x v2 and atticus
Grrrr...... my bad.
Well, once you get them, if you like them - we have a similar taste! :wink:

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #1,007 of 2,728
From what I read, it seems that the Aeon open would be closer to the Cascade than the closed one.

Maybe only by having slightly more bass, but otherwise they are still very different. The Aeon Flow Open is more like the Andromedas, and the Cascades the Vegas.

Apr 28, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,008 of 2,728
Would consider purchasing Cascades for portability, build and size if could effectively EQ bass. Using JRiver. In past found EQ-ing any part of spectrum invariably screws-up other areas. I don't listen to most of the music Cascade buyers like. This will go down like a stink bomb here, but did anyone attempt EQ-ing Cascade bass signature to be less assertive? Exchanging PM with some owners of Cascade was told included filters don't get anywhere close to doing what I'm after. Enhanced bass tunings and bass bleed into mid's is as unreconcilable to my ears as treble sibilance at the other end.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #1,009 of 2,728
Would consider purchasing Cascades for portability, build and size if could effectively EQ bass. Using JRiver. In past found EQ-ing any part of spectrum invariably screws-up other areas. I don't listen to most of the music Cascade buyers like. This will go down like a stink bomb here, but did anyone attempt EQ-ing Cascade bass signature to be less assertive? Exchanging PM with some owners of Cascade was told included filters don't get anywhere close to doing what I'm after. Enhanced bass tunings and bass bleed into mid's is as unreconcilable to my ears as treble sibilance at the other end.

It responds to Kaisertone.
It is easier to add bass than to cut it generally but I tried and did it using that app trying to catch an O.C.D sonic cue on Michael Jackson's "Wanna be Startin' Somethin'"

I was fiddling around with 250Hz down to 65. Ended up just going with #4 filter though

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #1,010 of 2,728
It is easier to add bass than to cut it generally but I tried and did it using that app trying to catch an O.C.D sonic cue on Michael Jackson's "Wanna be Startin' Somethin'"

I was fiddling around with 250Hz down to 65. Ended up just going with #4 filter though

Appreciate the information.

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,011 of 2,728

Thanks. Apparently not only one looking to EQ Cascade.

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #1,013 of 2,728
Yep, the reviews are starting to come in from the tour units and so far are quite positive. I think the thing I like best about the Cascade is the fact that it does nothing half-way so there is great agreement amongst the reviews. The tuning is unabashedly Campfire with big sound tuned for lack of sibilance with as much detail as they can pack in. Maybe you like the warmth and the big bass, maybe it isn't your thing, but nobody is arguing that they don't hear what others are.

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #1,014 of 2,728
Is there a lightening cable option for the cascade? I know campfire audio makes cables with lightening terminations for their IEMs, but I’m wondering if that’s also available for the cascade? I recently purchased the Vegas but these look really interesting.

Apr 30, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #1,015 of 2,728

You should definitely look at other headphones that are more suitable to your tastes. Buying unsuitable headphones then trying to fix them with EQ is not a good idea IMO.

Is there a lightening cable option for the cascade? I know campfire audio makes cables with lightening terminations for their IEMs, but I’m wondering if that’s also available for the cascade? I recently purchased the Vegas but these look really interesting.

I'm not sure the cable wouldn't simply not have enough power for the Cascades to do an adequate job with them. Lightning cable-based DACs can only draw a very limited amount of power.

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #1,016 of 2,728
I am kind of caught up in finding a more ‘fun’ headphone than my hd 650s which I love for things like Santana guitar heaven for example but want something semi portable for doing things around the house and maybe some walks with my dog while listening to Tupac and edm which I hate the 650s for. Don’t care about open or closed I just want the comfort(I wear glasses) and sound sig/quality for those genres. Will be powered by by fiio Q1 mark II and $800 is really the top of my budget.
Have been thinking about these or LCD2 classics and maybe even Aeons for my needs.
I have the CA Lyra II I just bought 2 months ago and LOVE the sound sig but do not like the fit/comfort as it hurts my ear after a while because I have to keep pressing them in for the proper fit so I am selling them to try to get some money back for when I buy one of these headphones.
Any opinions?

If anyone is interested
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/2-m...atched_thread_reply_messagetext#post-14208418

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #1,017 of 2,728
I am kind of caught up in finding a more ‘fun’ headphone than my hd 650s which I love for things like Santana guitar heaven for example but want something semi portable for doing things around the house and maybe some walks with my dog while listening to Tupac and edm which I hate the 650s for. Don’t care about open or closed I just want the comfort(I wear glasses) and sound sig/quality for those genres. Will be powered by by fiio Q1 mark II and $800 is really the top of my budget.
Have been thinking about these or LCD2 classics and maybe even Aeons for my needs.
I have the CA Lyra II I just bought 2 months ago and LOVE the sound sig but do not like the fit/comfort as it hurts my ear after a while because I have to keep pressing them in for the proper fit so I am selling them to try to get some money back for when I buy one of these headphones.
Any opinions?

If anyone is interested
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/2-m...atched_thread_reply_messagetext#post-14208418

I wear glasses and had no trouble at all with the Cascade. Clamping force is solid, but not uncomfortable. I think the sound signature of the cascade is tuned for exactly the things you are looking for so my advice would be beg, borrow or steal a set from someone close and get a listen, I think you'll end up buying them but its always best to try before you buy. Mine are out touring the country at the moment or I'd offer them.

May 1, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #1,018 of 2,728
I wear glasses and had no trouble at all with the Cascade. Clamping force is solid, but not uncomfortable. I think the sound signature of the cascade is tuned for exactly the things you are looking for so my advice would be beg, borrow or steal a set from someone close and get a listen, I think you'll end up buying them but its always best to try before you buy. Mine are out touring the country at the moment or I'd offer them.
Thank you that is very kind. Unfortunately I am the only one in my family/ circle of friends who is into audio. I have searched online and called many guitar centers etc for anything around me here in Michigan around 3-4 hours around November last year (must of tried 20 shops)and could not find anywhere that has headphones/iems. It is all GC and Best Buy’s that have beats and skull candy headphones to try.
I live in the suburbs but feels like I am on an audio island lol

May 1, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #1,020 of 2,728
Thank you that is very kind. Unfortunately I am the only one in my family/ circle of friends who is into audio. I have searched online and called many guitar centers etc for anything around me here in Michigan around 3-4 hours around November last year (must of tried 20 shops)and could not find anywhere that has headphones/iems. It is all GC and Best Buy’s that have beats and skull candy headphones to try.
I live in the suburbs but feels like I am on an audio island lol

Sometimes the Best Buys with a 'Magnolia Center' will have headphones- have seen some mid-price type Sennheiser, B&W, M&D, Audioquest and Sony stuff in those (albiet IMO not much worth a lot of effort to go demo in a noisy store with antsy sales people stalking around)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back