Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
May 9, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #1,066 of 2,728
hi ken.

any plan to sell bigger pads? or any replacement pads would be nice.

Hi Zeta,

We are almost there, cloth pads as well as large pads. The large pads are great for larger ear people. Please stand by..

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 9, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #1,067 of 2,728
They stated that they will offer replacement pads soon, which is really nice but also important since these should last quiet a while. Bigger pads would be interesting, but I also really wonder if they wouldn't change the sound signature too much, but it would be nice to hear something from Ken himself :) So far, while they're not the most comfortable headphones as mentioned, they either become more comfortable everyday or I get used to them - Probably a mix, but with the cloth arround the headband (which was posted a few posts ago) they are pretty comfortable!

The “aftermarket” pads will be a very welcome addition, they both change the sound a bit IMO both in a positive way. The larger pads are super comfortable.

Sorry for the delay guys please stand by.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 9, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #1,068 of 2,728
Hi Zeta,

We are almost there, cloth pads as well as large pads. The large pads are great for larger ear people. Please stand by..

Ken
YAY!!!
That would be awesome Ken. I am in the midst of the waiting game with my upcoming Cascades, but I would not be surprised if the bigger pads would be life (ear?) savers for me!!

May 9, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #1,070 of 2,728
It would be great if someone could post impressions of the Cascade without the white filter (and then also without the white filter, but with T1, T2 etc.).
Also there‘s a new possibility of tuning without the white filter because now you also can add the filters there where the white filter was sitting. Maybe this also Alters the sound?
In addition one could try inserting one filter (let’s say T2) there where the white filter was, and (let’s say T4) obove. There are multiple options.
I don’t know if it sounds good but it could be worth a try. Let your impressions coming in please :wink:

May 10, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #1,072 of 2,728
Larger pads with more space inside may potentially decrease bass and increase soundstage. I for one would cough up cash for his.
Me too, but mostly to better contain my ears... :flushed:

May 10, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #1,073 of 2,728
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to chime in here on a couple of things that folks are bringing up some good points.
  • The headband has a strip of spring steel in it, you can physically bend the head band to make the headband clamp harder OR lighter, you can bend the headband to change the shape of the curvature of the headphone to better suite your head. Please experiment with this. Dont worry if you break your headband (not possible) we have replacements. The cool thing about the Cascade is its fairly modular.
  • If your sliders are not staying, meaning they no longer stay in the position you have set. Please PM me so I can look into your situation and have your set serviced. Were here to help, we do not have a huge staff here so we appreciate your patience. For instance, JD and I are leaving for Germany tomorrow so I will be out of pocket so to speak for a week. Were doing a lot of travel these days sadly.
  • We found that if you like a flatter frequency response, or one that has less mid and low sensitivity, remove the white dampers. Please do so carefully so you can re apply it if your not happy with this tuning. I have few guys here in the shop that prefer no dampers, so both cup windows are fully open.
Hope this help and thanks for all the posts here.

Cheers guys,

ken
Hi @KB, Thank you for the info. Just saw your post. ...Bent the headband to change the curvature: much, much better! :)

May 11, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #1,074 of 2,728
How's everyone storing their Cascades for transport? I just received my pair and am planning on carrying them in my suitcase to/from work. I just tried putting them with the cables attached in their case and it's very snug; it looks like the cables are bent right at the strain relief when I close the zipper.

May 11, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #1,075 of 2,728
How's everyone storing their Cascades for transport? I just received my pair and am planning on carrying them in my suitcase to/from work. I just tried putting them with the cables attached in their case and it's very snug; it looks like the cables are bent right at the strain relief when I close the zipper.
I’d unplug the cable when storing in the case if I were you (coil the cable and put it in the provided envelope or a small pouch).

May 11, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #1,076 of 2,728

I'm currently traveling around Japan with the Cascade and I just put it in the backpack without the case. These cans are quite tough and is holding up to the treatment - as in I don't exactly baby them but also takes some level of caution like folding them up probably and not literally throwing them around. Though I always remove the cable first, mostly because it reduces the foot print in the bag.

May 11, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #1,077 of 2,728
Larger pads with more space inside may potentially decrease bass and increase soundstage. I for one would cough up cash for his.
When I bought larger upgrade pads for my Oppo PM3‘s, the soundstage increased, but also the subbass (which was great). So let’s see how the larger pads for the Cascade will behave. I for one am hoping that the sound leakage from the outside would decrease a bit and therefore get nearer the PM3 level.

May 11, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #1,078 of 2,728
Could someone tell me if an after-market, 2.5mm-terminated balanced cable for the HD800 is compatible with the Cascade? Thanks.

May 12, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #1,080 of 2,728

Users who are viewing this thread

Back