Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Mar 5, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #496 of 2,737
20180306_122420_001[1].jpg
20180306_122220[1].jpg

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #497 of 2,737
Just joined team Cascade today!

One question and buggered if I can find it - the included cable has a blue and a red tip - which goes into which side ?

On the camp view site is looks like photos have red on left and blue on right but I’ve seen pictures on the forum the other way round as well?

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #498 of 2,737
Just joined team Cascade today!

One question and buggered if I can find it - the included cable has a blue and a red tip - which goes into which side ?

On the camp view site is looks like photos have red on left and blue on right but I’ve seen pictures on the forum the other way round as well?

I'm used to Sony and red is right so I assumed it to be same

Going back to vintage receivers...left was white and red was right channel

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #500 of 2,737
:sunglasses:
7BF34DC1-0651-4FFB-A24A-EDB6F0C932BD.jpeg
650CDCC8-52FC-4CDC-958C-5FB559DB2F18.jpeg
Lucky enough to have the Cascade in house...quite impressed right off the bat...

Mar 6, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #501 of 2,737
:sunglasses: Lucky enough to have the Cascade in house...quite impressed right off the bat...
Nice water balloons

How does Bob Marley sound on it?

Mar 6, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #503 of 2,737
Nice water balloons

How does Bob Marley sound on it?

I would say quite nice. The bass was just about right on that recording, with rich full sound. That said, the ensuing 10,000 Maniacs song, which followed came on very bass heavy. I will of course need more testing to determine if the Cascade is that dependent on song variances.

Mar 6, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #504 of 2,737
The excitement is real. This headphone is legit. Vega lovers should submit their application immediately.

I could not be more proud of myself. I waited an entire month before ordering these and after the first listen I regret wasting so much time listening to headphones that were not the Cascade.
The course of my morning has changed just to listen longer and now my afternoon is in jeopardy. I canceled a couple meetings, skipped lunch, and I’m wondering if my kids really need to be picked up from school. In summary, I’m already making plans on where I can take this headphone and I don’t have anywhere to be.

Mar 6, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #505 of 2,737
To those who have compared them: After burn in, is the detail and everything on the cascade really the same as the vega?

I have both, but not done a direct A/B yet. My gut feel is that the Cascade actually presents a little more detail than the Vega, or just makes it a little more easily accessible. The density of the sound and the dynamics the Cascade is capable of are also very evocative of the Vega.

In short, if you are a fan of the Vega, I'd be stunned if you didn't love the Cascade as well. Musicality done right.

Mar 6, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #506 of 2,737
The excitement is real. This headphone is legit. Vega lovers should submit their application immediately.

I could not be more proud of myself. I waited an entire month before ordering these and after the first listen I regret wasting so much time listening to headphones that were not the Cascade.
The course of my morning has changed just to listen longer and now my afternoon is in jeopardy. I canceled a couple meetings, skipped lunch, and I’m wondering if my kids really need to be picked up from school. In summary, I’m already making plans on where I can take this headphone and I don’t have anywhere to be.

Big statement coming from you as I know you've been through ALOT of headphones in the past haha. These may replace my aeon open flows that I bought from you! More testing needed though!

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #507 of 2,737
Big statement coming from you as I know you've been through ALOT of headphones in the past haha. These may replace my aeon open flows that I bought from you! More testing needed though!

Just got hold of the Aeon Closed to do some A/B comparisons, and while I've only had the Aeon a day, the initial impression is this: if you want a can to soothe you and let you drift off into a relaxing cloud of sound, that's the Aeon. If you want something to smack you in the face, drag you out of your chair and deposit you right in the middle of the moshpit after a cheeky trip to the shot bar to freshen up, it's the Cascade.

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #508 of 2,737
The Cascade arrived today. I must say that I am mightily impressed by the Campfire Audio team. They announced a product, had it ready to order, and after you ordered, got that product to you almost overnight. Well done. Bravo.

Impressions of the Cascade will come in due course.

Mar 6, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #510 of 2,737
Initial impression..

Sounds like the bass and treble are having a fight over a girl and the midrange is trying desperately to break it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back