Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Apr 5, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #2,507 of 2,727
Found one perfect fit for the cascade unfolded with pilot pad fitted and room for cables.
Screenshot_20220405-062153_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Apr 5, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #2,508 of 2,727
New balanced silver eidolic made, pilot pad fitted 100+ hours burn in time done....
The cascade has turned out to be one of my better buys in recent years 👍
20220402_112018.jpg

Found one perfect fit for the cascade unfolded with pilot pad fitted and room for cables.
Screenshot_20220405-062153_Amazon Shopping.jpg

That's a nice case, and nice set-up!

I always have seller's remorse letting go of the Cascade. It really is a guilty pleasure kind of headphone.

Apr 6, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #2,509 of 2,727
That's a nice case, and nice set-up!

I always have seller's remorse letting go of the Cascade. It really is a guilty pleasure kind of headphone.
Yeah I know what you mean, been sat on the fence for a while with the cascades and wasn't too impressed out of the box, but after I left them for the 100 + hours burn they have turned out to be a great sounding pair and a pair I'll be keeping. Better cable and pilot pad a must imo and the case is better so no more unfolding and setting the size, just take them out and I'm good to go ! The stock case is nice and compact for travel but these are strictly for home so the larger case is perfect.

Apr 19, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #2,510 of 2,727
Loving my BASSCade so far :beyersmile: LOVE the Focal Radiance look, perfect for me but eventually let it go cuz the :b:assCade sound performance is exactly what I'm looking for now in a hp. Thus in practicality I found myself mostly using them over the Radiance.

Pure pleasure in music and overall shines on many different genres. Definitely an all rounder for bassheads. And the closed back end game for me

I can deal with the hotspot head band but another small grime is the left cup movement mechanism is much stronger than the right one, which may or may not be the cause that makes me feel much more rumble on the left than the right one. Does any one has it issue and have a fix?
I don't really want to send them back to fix or exchange because my local dealer has no stock, not even exists on their website, they had to get them directly from aloaudio anyway. If there is no user fix, I'd probably have to :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #2,511 of 2,727
These might a great option for your case as well. Dekoni Savior
DSC_0168-1-scaled.jpg

Apr 19, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #2,512 of 2,727
I'm so curious about the Cascade. Do they sound at all similar to the Meze 99 Classics? I recently heard those so that might be a good comparison since they're known for bass as well.

Apr 19, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #2,513 of 2,727
I'm so curious about the Cascade. Do they sound at all similar to the Meze 99 Classics? I recently heard those so that might be a good comparison since they're known for bass as well.
The Cascades are Much bassier. I seem to be in the minority in that I didn't find the Meze 99 Classic's really bassy. I thought it was just about a perfect sound. The Cascades really push it over the edge. To me, at the time, the 99's were my every day headphone for work or any out and about stuff. I will never use the Cascades that much. They make me giggle, but I change up after a few days.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #2,514 of 2,727
I vastly prefer the Cascades to the Meze 99, the Cascades are technically and tonally superior in every way. Not to speak ill of the the Meze 99's as I love them with Dekoni's Sheepskin for Sony MDR/M1ST and ZMF angled Oval Lambskin pads. I also recommend modding the Cascade pads by removing the white filters on at least the XL pads as it cleans up the thicc mid-bass, and you can see it rolling off that bass and sub-bass starting at 300hz. Since I pulled the filters off, I think I've discovered the reason for the filters: there's a close metallic ringing (think of the same 300hz dip as the HD820) from the cup that comes through a little more clearly but the tradoff is well worth it. Both the stock and modded sound is great. There is a definite wonky metal sibilance especially noticeable in male vocals which makes me tend to avoid using it for podcasts or conference calls.

I did a tour of my closed back collection today and the Cascades really sit in a unique space in that they sound like the Campfire Bass-forward IEMs. I love the CA Atlas (have like 4 pairs). Closed-backs up for consideration with the Cascade 2019 and Cascade 2020 were Focal Elegia, Meze 99 w/ZMF Lambskin Ovals, Meze with Dekoni Sheepskin, DT1770 Pro w/Dekoni Sheepskin, DT177X GO w/Sheepskin, DT770, LCD-XC 2020, a number of M&D, Sony M1ST, and DCA's Aeon Noir, Aeon Flow Closed, Ether C 1.1 and Ether CX. I listened to folk, classic rock, trap, modernist orchestral, and singer-songwriter. I love the Cascade, it sounds like if Modhouse made an Argon Stellia. I tend toward the Aeon Noir for travel and prefer a flatter tuning in general, I love the Cascades for music, they're more detailed and punchy than the DT1770, more dynamic than the DCA, better balanced than the Elegia, and more fun than the LCD-XC.

I remember the only thing that I can agree with the Josh Valour review aside from the bass bloat, is how the Cascades sound like a Planetarium: sounds are expansive but have a hard outer wall, sounding like a holodeck looks.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #2,515 of 2,727
These might a great option for your case as well. Dekoni Savior
DSC_0168-1-scaled.jpg

That case is awesome!

I vastly prefer the Cascades to the Meze 99, the Cascades are technically and tonally superior in every way. Not to speak ill of the the Meze 99's as I love them with Dekoni's Sheepskin for Sony MDR/M1ST and ZMF angled Oval Lambskin pads. I also recommend modding the Cascade pads by removing the white filters on at least the XL pads as it cleans up the thicc mid-bass, and you can see it rolling off that bass and sub-bass starting at 300hz. Since I pulled the filters off, I think I've discovered the reason for the filters: there's a close metallic ringing (think of the same 300hz dip as the HD820) from the cup that comes through a little more clearly but the tradoff is well worth it. Both the stock and modded sound is great. There is a definite wonky metal sibilance especially noticeable in male vocals which makes me tend to avoid using it for podcasts or conference calls.

I did a tour of my closed back collection today and the Cascades really sit in a unique space in that they sound like the Campfire Bass-forward IEMs. I love the CA Atlas (have like 4 pairs). Closed-backs up for consideration with the Cascade 2019 and Cascade 2020 were Focal Elegia, Meze 99 w/ZMF Lambskin Ovals, Meze with Dekoni Sheepskin, DT1770 Pro w/Dekoni Sheepskin, DT177X GO w/Sheepskin, DT770, LCD-XC 2020, a number of M&D, Sony M1ST, and DCA's Aeon Noir, Aeon Flow Closed, Ether C 1.1 and Ether CX. I listened to folk, classic rock, trap, modernist orchestral, and singer-songwriter. I love the Cascade, it sounds like if Modhouse made an Argon Stellia. I tend toward the Aeon Noir for travel and prefer a flatter tuning in general, I love the Cascades for music, they're more detailed and punchy than the DT1770, more dynamic than the DCA, better balanced than the Elegia, and more fun than the LCD-XC.

I remember the only thing that I can agree with the Josh Valour review aside from the bass bloat, is how the Cascades sound like a Planetarium: sounds are expansive but have a hard outer wall, sounding like a holodeck looks.

Great feedback here. Agreed all around coming from a fellow lover of the Atlas, Vega, and Equinox line from CFA!

Apr 24, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #2,516 of 2,727
Put the Cascades on today, with my new amp (Little Dot MK9). I thought the combo might be too bassy, but it sounds Wonderful!

I started with lots of Dave Matthews moved on to Lots of Donald Byrd. Then it was on to lots of old favourites, alphabetically. And regardless of sound quality, everything sounded great. My head was bobbing and my toes were tapping.:L3000:

Apr 24, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #2,517 of 2,727
Put the Cascades on today, with my new amp (Little Dot MK9). I thought the combo might be too bassy, but it sounds Wonderful!

I started with lots of Dave Matthews moved on to Lots of Donald Byrd. Then it was on to lots of old favourites, alphabetically. And regardless of sound quality, everything sounded great. My head was bobbing and my toes were tapping.:L3000:
I feel like this is the magic of the Cascade, most dac/amp pairing, along with the right kind of music, can easily gives the non critical listener this reaction and some more.

Apr 24, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #2,518 of 2,727
I feel like this is the magic of the Cascade, most dac/amp pairing, along with the right kind of music, can easily gives the non critical listener this reaction and some more.
Two headphones that I don't use a lot are the T60 Argon's and the Cascade's. When I haven't used either one for a couple of weeks I start thinking about selling or trading them. Then I put them on and go, "Holy crap, these are Great! And they're already paid for!":ksc75smile:

But, seriously, this really is a nice combo!

Apr 27, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #2,519 of 2,727
Today was day 4 of the Cascade/LD MK9 hook-up. I have to admit that by today this amp, with the stock drive tube, was sounding a little thick and almost muffled (same experience with the Focal Elex after several days). I changed drive tubes to go to my newest Sylvania tube and everything opened up.
I have been going down memory lane today (Elton John, ELO and many one hit wonders from the 80's) and these still sound great. I don't find them over-bassy at all. They fill out all the music and give it some authority. And that includes jazz, which really surprised me.

Time to rotate tomorrow, but the Cascades are still fun! I have been hemming and hawing about getting a Hart cable made for these, but broke down today. I doubt that I will ever be selling these. I have many Hart cables and interconnects, but this will be the most expensive of the lot at $80.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back