Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Mar 24, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #2,491 of 2,728
Cascades use the same exact connectors as HD800.

Mar 30, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #2,493 of 2,728
Anywhere to get a "comfort strap" for this headphone these days? The stock head band is absolutely brutal after an hour or two of listening.

I looked up previous solutions in this thread and they all seem to be dead Ebay links.

Mar 30, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #2,494 of 2,728
Mar 31, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #2,496 of 2,728
Anywhere to get a "comfort strap" for this headphone these days? The stock head band is absolutely brutal after an hour or two of listening.

I looked up previous solutions in this thread and they all seem to be dead Ebay links.
Strange headband you'd think it was comfortable looking at it but no it's a real hotspot one, I too went for the zmf pilot. If your just after a strap then it's the lohb you want to look for, here's a link to a UK seller on fleabay, if your not UK based and have any trouble getting one shipped just give us a shout but here's the link.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audeze-L...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Check he has ones with the cords and not just the screw in type.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #2,497 of 2,728

Dekoni Nuggets and the Pilot Pad are my go to suggestions as well.

Like Grados, you can bend the Cascade's band to fit better.

Apr 1, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #2,498 of 2,728
After being so disappointed at the Focal Radiance, I'm back to the Cascade, already placed the order, waiting it on Monday.
Have any of you tried the Aeon 2 Noire? I would like to know some comparision.

Apr 2, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #2,499 of 2,728
Been informed by Chris at CA that there's probably no chance the XL pads being available again, has anyone on the thread a pair they want to sell ? I'm thinking of getting a stock pair and somehow modding them by using the magnetic base plate with some larger pads, has anyone attempted this ?

Apr 2, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #2,500 of 2,728
New balanced silver eidolic made, pilot pad fitted 100+ hours burn in time done....
The cascade has turned out to be one of my better buys in recent years 👍
20220402_112018.jpg

Apr 2, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #2,501 of 2,728
Been informed by Chris at CA that there's probably no chance the XL pads being available again, has anyone on the thread a pair they want to sell ? I'm thinking of getting a stock pair and somehow modding them by using the magnetic base plate with some larger pads, has anyone attempted this ?

Hmmm. That's interesting. I'm glad I found a pair. Did they say why they won't be making them anymore? I was surprised at the difference they make to the sound.

Apr 2, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #2,502 of 2,728
Was told "due to our suppliers unable to source materials we cannot specify a time of stock if at all"
Didnt think there was a shortage of plastic / leather / magnets across the globe.
If I can get hold of an old pair of stock I'll see what I can do with a different set of pads on the base plate. Suppose I could make up a printed set and have a go myself.

Apr 2, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #2,503 of 2,728
That is too bad as they are all I use. It took me forever to find a dealer that had those and the cloth in stock at the same time. I bought and tried both and the XL's haven't left the headphone since.:L3000:

Apr 2, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #2,504 of 2,728
That is too bad as they are all I use. It took me forever to find a dealer that had those and the cloth in stock at the same time. I bought and tried both and the XL's haven't left the headphone since.:L3000:
Bit strange considering they still make the headphones and offer the stock pads, you'd think if a product gets good feedback and sells out find another supplier ! Looks like I'm going to have to get creative.
B&W are still supporting their P7 P9's and they have been out of production for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back