Cary Xciter Headphone amp/DAC to a Power Amp (Cary 120S MKII)?
Apr 11, 2011 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Cephas205

New Head-Fier
Hi all

I am new here to Head-Fi and have been hovering in the forum for a year now. I hope to be able to learn from as many seasoned head-fiers and appreciate if you can share your opinions.

I have a question on my Cary Xciter Headphone amp and DAC combo which I purchase a few months ago and I hope someone in this forum can help.

I current use my Cary Xciter combo for headphone listening on a Grado GS1000i and SR325is and I also have a Klipsch reference 62 speaker running from headphone amp. In the future I would like to have a dedicated power amp to run my speakers ( preferably the Cary 120 S MKII) and keep my headphone amp for dedicated headphone listening only.

The problem is my headphone amp does not have any pre-outs, therefore I cannot connect directly to my power amp.

My dealer has suggested connecting a single cable from the headphone amp to the DAC and another cable from the DAC to the power amp. This is to split the signal from the DAC.

What would be the implications of doing this? Would splitting the signal affect the sound quality either from the speakers or the headphone?

Also, is there a alternative way of doing this?

Thanks for all your comments. Cheers!

Cephas205

Users who are viewing this thread

Back