Carried away?
Apr 24, 2002 at 3:07 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by 2 channel

Yeah, but aren't drugs, cars and clothes cheeper???

biggrin.gif

Maybe, but they add up to well over the costs of a nice headphone setup, and nothing can bring a better and lengthy satisfaction as purchasing a fine set of phones.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 24, 2002 at 3:53 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
I still feel like being into headphones is the mini version of being an audiophile. I don't know what else to say except, "it could be worse." I know a guy with six motorcycles.

I woundn't happen to be Ron Penndorf , would it? I've never asked him, but I suspect that his "business" is a really great tax deduction for his "hobbies". Notice his brick&mortar hours.
wink.gif

And what do you mean "mini-version"? I'm beginning to believe that headphones may be an integral part of being a true audiophile. My V6's are making me more and more dissatisfied with my home speakers as they are giving me a quick reference for comparison. I don't know how I'll ever be an audiophile without 'phones.

(oh no! I really HAVE become addicted!)
eek.gif

Oh well
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2002 at 6:55 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck
And what do you mean "mini-version"? I'm beginning to believe that headphones may be an integral part of being a true audiophile. My V6's are making me more and more dissatisfied with my home speakers as they are giving me a quick reference for comparison. I don't know how I'll ever be an audiophile without 'phones.

I definately agree with this statement. After having my RS-2s for a couple of weeks I realize how badly everything else sounds.

Apr 24, 2002 at 7:26 PM Post #34 of 40
Hmmm... My main speaker setup must be doing something right. I enjoy my headphones, but I haven't heard any cans yet that come near the Electrocompaniet/B&W combo for sheer reproduction of music. OTOH, speaker placement and room acoustics are a lot less of a headache with the ZOTL/CD3K...

Apr 24, 2002 at 9:09 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Hmmm... My main speaker setup must be doing something right. I enjoy my headphones, but I haven't heard any cans yet that come near the Electrocompaniet/B&W combo for sheer reproduction of music. OTOH, speaker placement and room acoustics are a lot less of a headache with the ZOTL/CD3K...

(taking his tounge out of his cheek for a moment...)
Oh, I'm just having fun in a humorus thread. Seriously though, I can see from your profile that your's SHOULD sound good with the investment you must have made, and I don't doubt it does.

Its just that my cans have been an eye opener in how really bad my speakers are in certain areas (top highs especially). Now, I'm not saying I want to ditch speakers forever, but they definately give me a good reference for compairison AND they are portable so if I want to compare in a store, I could take them with me to see:
a)if what I'm hearing is truly better by using a common reference point (the cans) and
b)if the strength & weaknesses that I hear are the player or the speakers.

I guess I am saying cans may make a good tool for comparisons in certain situations.

One question for you (OT): what speakers do you uses/like with your Adcom amp&pre ?

(firmly placing tounge back in cheek until furthar notice
tongue.gif
)

Apr 25, 2002 at 3:46 AM Post #36 of 40
Oh my god, navy, you are right! How could I have missed the fact that I was getting swept away in a wave of gear-head enthusiasm?

So anyway, what kind of digital piano? Any other music equipment? Does it have a sequencer?

biggrin.gif

gerG

Apr 25, 2002 at 4:12 AM Post #37 of 40
Right now I'm looking at either a Yamaha CLP-970 Clavinova or a Kawai MP-9500, but I really need good headphones before I make my final decision. As far as any other musical gear, that's all farther down the road.

Apr 25, 2002 at 4:32 AM Post #39 of 40
Oop, forgot to mention: the V6 are an excellent set of cans for electronic keyboards.

Of course, you will want the HD600s for music, and the Etys for working out and traveling, and an amp, or two...

sayw = sorry about your wallet

gerG

Apr 25, 2002 at 6:28 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by NavyASW02
Right now I'm looking at either a Yamaha CLP-970 Clavinova or a Kawai MP-9500, but I really need good headphones before I make my final decision. As far as any other musical gear, that's all farther down the road.

You may also want to look into GeneralMusic and Kurzweil. Best sound I ever heard come out of a digital piano was a Kurzweil -- the guy had just turned down the brightness a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back