CAROLINAS CanFest 7 SUNDAY March 31st, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #152 of 174
Below is a map to help you locate the Event. You will be entering the complex from Statesville Rd which is on the far left of the map and then turn onto Hercules/ Camp N. End Dr. To drop your equipment off AT THE DOOR follow the map to the red indicator at "Hex Coffee" We are located next to HEX on the end space on your right. Once you have your equipment safely inside then please park your vehicle in the parking lot you passed where it says "Parking". This is about 150 yards away. We will also have a hand truck available should you need it. Finally, if you have any problems finding the location feel free to give me a call at 704-890-8080.

CanFEST 7 Event Space Directions (1).png

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #153 of 174
Chairs yea. Thanx. Excited to listen to everyone’s cans!

Mar 29, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #154 of 174
FINALLY!!!!
We have a FANTASTIC location for the Carolina CanFEST 7!
It is located in Charlotte, just north of Uptown, and has an amazing history. Henry Ford used the facility to make Model T cars. In WW2 it was used to produce missiles. Currently, the 70-acre area is being redeveloped as Charlotte’s largest adaptive reuse project, a unique space where entrepreneurs, artists, and community builders connect and create. Several of the original buildings are being preserved. They are amazing including the old Boiler Room. It is the past, present an future all rolled into one. This is an event not to be missed.

Below is a map to help you locate the Event. You will be entering the complex from Statesville Rd which is on the far left of the map and then turn onto Camp North End Drive. To drop your equipment off AT THE DOOR follow the map to the red indicator at "Hex Coffee" We are located next to HEX on the end space on your right. Once you have your equipment safely inside then please park your vehicle in the parking lot you passed where it says "Parking". This is about 150 yards away. We will also have a hand truck available should you need it. Finally, if you have any problems finding the location feel free to give me a call at 704-890-8080.

I'm looking at Google maps and don't see Camp North. Could it be that it's shown as Hercules on Gmaps? The map you included is quite restricted and it's hard to get context form it :frowning2:

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mar 29, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #155 of 174
It's Camp North End

1824 Statesville Ave, Charlotte, NC 28206

Actually, you will turn on Hercules from Statesville Road. Hercules is also called Camp North End Rd. Sorry for the confusion but I didn’t create it.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #157 of 174
It's Camp North End

1824 Statesville Ave, Charlotte, NC 28206

So google tells me there are "tolls and Private restricted roads"

Since when did NC have Toll Roads

Though I imagine the Private Restricted roads are on campus

Mar 30, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #160 of 174
I just confirmed that Hercules Road is the same as Camp North End Rd. Sorry for the confusion. You will be turning on that road from Statesville Road which is the main road. Once you turn into the complex the information on the map still holds. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Mar 30, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #161 of 174
I just confirmed that Hercules Road is the same as Camp North End Rd. Sorry for the confusion. You will be turning on that road from Statesville Road which is the main road. Once you turn into the complex the information on the map still holds. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks for that! I have a Schiit load of stuff...........

Mar 30, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #163 of 174
Hope every one get's a good night's rest and has a safe drive up in the morning!

So I've got a few things for sale I'll mention now

My Audio GD NFB 10ES2 which has 2 pair's of RCA outs and a single pair of XLRs at $300 with a power/USB cable

Both my AKG K240 Sextett and M [1980s] Are up
$100 on the 240M it's re terminated to 4pin XLR with it's stock cable and pads
$175 on the Sextett which is a Mid [Mp] Production with a Silver Plated Copper Re-cable from @PETEREK [Who is now retired from Audio I believe] Sextett also has new Velour Pads [an I'll have the original Single Ended Cable as well if you'd like it]

I have a single 4pin XLR to 6.5mm male I can include with one of them,

Finally I've got a set of Dekoni TH 900 Elite Hybrid Pads in box for $35
An a set of Hifiman I believe Focus A Pads? Velour On the top Pleather with holes in the middle with the mounting rings for $15

Prices listed are cash in hand, if you'd rather use paypal add 3% and round up please!

An a final list of what I'll have with me

LCD 2 REV 2.2 Pre Fazor with ZMF 2K Copper Cable
ZMF Auteur Cocobolo with their Silver Plated Copper Cable
HD 800 with SDR Mod & Audio Envy Copper Cable
Hifiman HE 560 V1 with full Silver Cable and Brainwavz Angled Velour Pads
Campfire Cascade Full Silver Cable with stock white filters removed plus NO additional black tuning filters
AKG K702

For Portables I'll just have the iFi xDSD and xCAN both work really nicely as BluTooth units

My RME ADI 2 Dac -> Soundaware P1
Audio GD NFB10ES2 -> Project Ember+NoiseNuke
JDS Labs EL Dac -> Jds Labs Atom Amp
Aune X1 Dac/Amp with XP1 PSU
March Audio Dac 1 [Retail Ready Unit built around Khadas Tone Board DAC] -> Appj pa1502a

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #164 of 174
Sorry for the late reply. For anyone checking this in the morning I'll be bringing my HD6XX, HE400S, and my portable Topping NX4 DSD for anyone to plug their phone into and try.

I'll also have some vacuum tubes for sale/trade if anyone is interested. 2 Tung-Sol 6080s (branded Stromberg Carlson) and a NOS Amperex Bugle Boy 12AX7/ECC83 that I literally just picked up today from an electronics/record store closing. If anyone has any Tung-Sol 5998 or Mullard CV4003 tubes they'd like to sell, I may be interested.

Looking forward to this!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back