CAROLINAS CanFest 7 SUNDAY March 31st, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2018 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 174

DannyB

500+ Head-Fier
FINALLY!!!!
We have a FANTASTIC location for the Carolina CanFEST 7!

There is no charge to park and no fee to attend. It's all FREE including a delicious lunch (thanks to Justin of HeadAmp).

Location of Event:
Camp North End
1810 Statesville Ave, Charlotte, NC 28206

Camp North End Drive is the same as Hercules Rd which is what may show up on your GPS.

A map of the area:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir//35.2478076,-80.834744/@35.2476806,-80.835141,17z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

It is located in Charlotte, just north of Uptown, and has an amazing history. Henry Ford used the facility to make Model T cars. In WW2 it was used to produce missiles. Currently, the 70-acre area is being redeveloped as Charlotte’s largest adaptive reuse project, a unique space where entrepreneurs, artists, and community builders connect and create. Several of the original buildings are being preserved. They are amazing including the old Boiler Room. It is the past, present an future all rolled into one. This is an event not to be missed.

Below is a map to help you locate the Event. You will be entering the complex from Statesville Rd which is on the far left of the map and then turn onto Hercules/Camp North End Drive. To drop your equipment off AT THE DOOR follow the map to the red indicator at "Hex Coffee" We are located next to HEX on the end space on your right. Once you have your equipment safely inside then please park your vehicle in the parking lot you passed where it says "Parking". This is about 150 yards away. We will also have a hand truck available should you need it. Finally, if you have any problems finding the location feel free to give me a call at 704-890-8080.

A special note from Justin Wilson of HeadAmp:
Contributor
justin w.

Sponsor: HeadAmp

Hi Danny, HeadAmp would definitely like to attend again and sponsor the event if possible!

We'll bring our new GS-X mini amp, of course, the Blue Hawaii SE and Gilmore Lite mk2 as well, with sources from Mytek like the wireless Brooklyn Bridge and Chord Hugo TT2 + M Scaler (if our next shipment arrives before then).

If anyone wants to try a particular headphone please check here to see what we have: https://www.headamp.com/product-category/headphones/

Might even bring a HIFIMAN Shangri-la Sr electrostatic headphone in addition to the STAX SR-009S and MrSpeakers VOCE!

Justin has been a most kind and gracious supporter of previous CanFESTs and his involvement always makes it a more special event. Thank you, Justin.

Below is a link to the facility. We will have a beautiful 1800 sq ft meeting space and will plan to use it from 9 AM - 4 PM on Sunday, March 31st. Set up will start at 9AM.

WIFI will be available!

https://camp.nc/

https://camp.nc/events/

In the meantime, please send me a list of the gear you are planning to bring and/or sell so I can post that information. Also, let me know if you have any connection to manufacturers and /or retailers that may want to attend, or send equipment if they are not able to be present, so we can extend an invitation to them. I will contact Moon Audio and iFi.

Update on iFI:
Lawrance, of iFI, will be sending us the Pro iCAN and Pro iDSD. This will be a real treat. Thank you, Lawrance.

Finally, while CanFEST is not primarily for the purpose of buying/selling/trading equipment it is definitely allowed.

Directions to the facility are on their website.

I look forward to a fun and fantastic time.

List updated: 01/31/19
Special thanks to RastaDolphin for his continued assistance in updating this information.

Attendees:

2355glenn

AfganVet

Army Firedawg

AthenaZephyrian

Audiophilehe400

Bloom691

dailydoseofdaly

DannyB

Dellwolf

Dyzrel

ebiester

Fatcat28037

Golfbravobravo

jamwagon

Justin Wilson of HeadAmp

Jazzk

Lance8888

minibox

mitchell2001

Mshenay

scclimber

TomNC

vc1187

Headphones:

A bunch of state of the art equipment from Justin of HeadAmp. PLUS

64Audo AST

Abyss 1266CC

AKD k240 Monitor

AKG K1000

Audeze LCD-2 (pre-fazor)

Audeze LCD-4 (x2)

Audeze LCD i4 (open to discuss trade/sell-minibox)

Audeze LCD-XC

Audio Technica ATH-W1000Z

Audio Technica ATH-M40

Beyerdynamic DT770

Bose QC-25

Bowers & Wilkins P7

Bowers & Wilkins P9

Denon D7000

Edifier H850

Edifier W855BT

Focal Clear ((open to discuss trade/sell-minibox))

Focal Elex

Focal Utopia

Grado HP1000

Grado RS-1

Grado SR80e

Hifiman HE-6SE

Hifiman HE-400 (for sale)

Hifiman HE-1000 v2

HiFiMAN Jade (original electrostatic headphone)

Koss ESP950

Koss KSC75

Koss Portapro

Meze 99 Classics

Monoprice Monolith M 1060

Oppo 3

Oppo PM-1

Sennheiser HD650 (x2)

Sennheiser HD660 s

Sennheiser HD800

Sennheiser PX-100 II

Sennheiser PXC550

STAX SR009

Verum 1

ZMF Verite

IEMs:

Empire Ears Hermes VI (custom)

Fiio EX1

Fiio F5

Klipsch S4

Amps + :

Several state of the art amplifiers, including the BLUE HAWAII from Justin of HeadAmp. PLUS

Audio Technica AT-HA5000

Blue Hawaii-minibox

Chord Blu Mkii

Chord Dave

Chord Hugo 2

Ecp torpedo

Eddie Current Black Diamond

Eddie Current ZDS

Fiio A5

Gustard H20

Head Amp (MCTH)

iFi Pro iCan--ON LOAN FROM iFI. Thank you Lawrance.

iFi xCAN-portable amp--ON LOAN FROM iFI. Thank you Lawrance.

JDS Labs Atom

MOTH 2A3 (with RCA monoplate 2A3 tubes)

PASS Labs HP1

Schiit Freya

Schiit Fulla 2

Schiit Jotunheim

Schiit Lyr 2

Schiit Magni 3

Schiit Modi 2

Schiit Modi 3

Schiit Ragnarok

Schiit VALI 2

Schiit Vidar

Sennheiser HDVD800 Amp with DAC

Vista Spark

Woo Audio WA11-JUST BEING RELEASED--ON LOAN FROM JACK WU. THANK YOU JACK.

Woo 22

Yamaha A-S300

DACs:

Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 100

iFi Pro iDSD- ON LOAN FROM iFI. Thank you Lawrance.

LKS 004

PS Audio DigitalLink 3

Schiit Yggdrasil

Sources / Other:

Astell & Kern SR15

Auralic Aries / Vega

AUARLiC Vega DAC

CARY Audio 306SACD player (2)

Custom balanced cable for Audeze LCD

[/COLOR][/color][/color]

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 174
I’m certainly interested!

Sep 2, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 174
Jason.
I am not sure you will be able to attend.
So far, your preliminary background check isn't looking so good. However, the committee will wait until the final report comes in.

It appears that in your younger years you actually did some good things to help our country, like serve in the military. We are not sure that someone as upstanding as you will fit into our lowly group. Food for thought: do not do good things in your youth as it may come back to haunt you.

I will update you as soon as a final decision is reached. However, a crisp $100 bill might obviate the need for us to continue the background check. Be confident that I will make sure this "donation" gets to the "right place".

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 174
i'd make the trip! Fore sure!!

Also, is this blackmail?
just-slowly-scroll-on-you-saw-nothing-27334892.png

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 174
Well might be interested also. My Sister has a place in Asheville so might be a stop over point. If it matters I did spend 6 years in the Navy from 82 to 88 if that also helps me out with the background check ; )

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #8 of 174
I'm probably in. Just need to figure out transportation :) I can bring my stax ^-^

Sep 18, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #10 of 174
i have interest in attending depending on date!!!!!!

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #15 of 174
Last year was freakin awesome. Wish I had gotten there earlier to audition all the Schiit products! It was definitely a highlight meeting Justin from HeadAmp and getting some time in on the SR-009s. Also big shout out to whomever brought the other pair of SR-009s and that beautiful blue colored Blue Hawaii! Anyways, I'm definitely in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back