Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #227 of 424
I just got a Hifiman HE-5 reissue that they just started shipping out. I will be bringing to the event, I haven't really listened to it yet, but I thought a lot of people would like to see and hear it.

For what ever reason I just picked up some balanced portable amps... Found a good deal an figured I'd complete the collection lol that said I'll be curious to hear how they pair with the HE 5 reissue do hang onto it! It'll wind up like the HE 4 soon,

Feb 2, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #230 of 424
This newbie will probably come and possibly bring one guest. All I have is one pair of audio technicia headphones but looking forward to hearing other equipment. Hoping this will be more of a swap meet as well. I live in raleigh.

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #232 of 424
I'll throw out a budget challenge for the meet. Let see what $500 will get you. My entry:

SMSL M8 DAC - $85
Millett Starving Student Amp - $75
GE 6829 Tubes - $15 a pair
Fostex t50rp Modded - $200 with Shure Alcantara pads or Senheisser HD700 with Modhouse mods - $275

I think this system might just compete favorably against some of the non-budget rigs and I certainly think for those new to audio that we live in a perfect time to get really good stuff without spending a fortune to get it.
I'm looking forward to listening to everything you're bringing.

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #233 of 424
So, I just found out I won an Audeze contest for the new MX4!!! Which is beyond amazing! That said, I'll be bringing it to CANFEST!
WOW!!! I entered also, on Instagram. Can't wait to get to listen to the MX4, this is pretty awesome, didn't win myself, but I still get a chance to listen to the MX4 because you won.

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #234 of 424
Oh snap, looks like I need to check into Instagram more often! Who knew there was a headphone hobbyist community there!

Also @Dellwolf & @dailydoseofdaly it'll be good to see you two again!

I do have quite a few balanced cans and I also have a pair of Siemens ECC 82 Gold Pins I could roll into your amp if your still using the stock tubes,

Also @Army-Firedawg It would seem we are looking at doing a dinner on Saturday after the show rather then Friday before, do you know who might be able to house a large group of us?

An @Zadok I did get confirmation for Moon Audio that Friday, it would be great to have some others join us too hopefully!

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #236 of 424
How far away to people drive for these events?
This one is pretty close to me, only 3 hours away. Though I've gone as far as 9+ hours to attend a meet

Feb 3, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #239 of 424
My goodness there's been some updates! Welcome @Dave5008 to both the audio meet and Head-Fi!!!! We're pleased to have you join us.

@Mshenay umm IIIIII strongly go for Ichiban Chinese Buffet. Great food and, for what you get, really nicely priced (and I'm a cheap skate). But there's a few others fairly close by, more if people are willing to drive the short 10 minutes to Concord Mills.

Feb 3, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #240 of 424
I'm coming 4 hours over the mountain from TN - 10 minutes aint a thing to my crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back