Carolina CanFEST 5 Head Fi Meet, March 19, Charlotte, NC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #196 of 294
Mar 7, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #198 of 294
Is this acceptable? Can we list here what will be for sale?

I believe we've discussed earlier either on the thread or via PM, but it's ok if a user wishes to sell their gear SO LONG AS it doesn't divert from the intention of the meet. I.E. become a market. As for listing it on the thread I'm not for that for I can see a large argument potentially ensuing if multiple people want a gear. However, you can create a listing for your gear and attach it to your signature in which case discussions could be done via PM. 

Mar 8, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #200 of 294
  Perhaps you could bring your stuff to the meet and try and sell some of it there? A win win situation.

Well I thought of that, but I need to Drive down to Charleston to meet with USCIS, the soonest date that I can be there is the 18th [which I took off for the meet :/ 18'th/19'th] and my Car won't be able to drive to both Charleston and the Charollette 

But I would like to head up there, how ever I'm short on PTO and transportation 

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #201 of 294
That's what I thought you said before. No need in opening that can of worms.

I believe we've discussed earlier either on the thread or via PM, but it's ok if a user wishes to sell their gear SO LONG AS it doesn't divert from the intention of the meet. I.E. become a market. As for listing it on the thread I'm not for that for I can see a large argument potentially ensuing if multiple people want a gear. However, you can create a listing for your gear and attach it to your signature in which case discussions could be done via PM. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #202 of 294
That's what I thought you said before. No need in opening that can of worms.

That's what I usually do, just keep things listed on line. I wouldn't want to attend for the sole pourpose of advertising what I have to sell, that doesn't sit well with me. Ofc though if any of you are interested in hearing what I have, I'm ok with a 2 hour Drive to give u a demo [just not this week end, as I have to drive down to my Local USCIS office] 

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #203 of 294
I probably won't be able to make this, gotta help my family move that weekend. I'll update if plans change. Sorry about the late response.

Mar 9, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #204 of 294
I could have missed someone but from what it looks like everyone who was bringing Fostex TH-X00 has dropped out now. I was really looking forward to trying them out.

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #205 of 294
I just noticed this thanks to the front page! I'm in Charlotte and can bring the following:

Fostex TH-X00
Fostex TH-600 w/ Lawton Audio pads & tune-up, and custom wood cups
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 black
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 brushed nickel
Alpha & Delta AD01 w/ upgraded cable

Schiit Modi 2 Uber
Schiit Magni 2 Uber
Schiit Vali 2
Schiit Bifrost Multibit
Schiit Lyr 2

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #207 of 294
You give him a +1 and when I ask if this is acceptable you basically say this is a meet not a sale. So does this rule just apply to select members. I am confused.

There was further discussion in PM that essentially said the exact same thing as with you. You may sale your gear SO LONG AS is doesn't distract from the intent of the meet. I.e. become a sales booth.the +1 was in reference to him still being able to attend and potentially sale his gear regardless he was told the same thing as stated many times. However, I honestly didn't think this would be as much of an issue so it may be better just to ban all sales at the meet completely.

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #208 of 294
I agree. It will detract from the purpose of the event. Thanks.

There was further discussion in PM that essentially said the exact same thing as with you. You may sale your gear SO LONG AS is doesn't distract from the intent of the meet. I.e. become a sales booth.the +1 was in reference to him still being able to attend and potentially sale his gear regardless he was told the same thing as stated many times. However, I honestly didn't think this would be as much of an issue so it may be better just to ban all sales at the meet completely.

Mar 10, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #209 of 294
I don't think it should be the point of going, but I think common sense should prevail as opposed to saying "it's banned." I wouldn't expect sales booths or for sale signs but if somebody is interested and it comes up in conversation there shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back