Carolina CanFEST 5 Head Fi Meet, March 19, Charlotte, NC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #212 of 294
That works too, for me. It allows those who are looking to buy to know where to look without being a sales showroom.

That was the original idea but it seems people are being quite childish about it or rather not listening to what has been said multiple times. Personally, I think it's a fine idea and allows others to get gear potentially unavailable anywhere else but there's always those few. We'll see, it's a week from now so if anything more arises it'll just merely have to be a meet, greed and listen.

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #213 of 294
Sorry for creating a childish fuss. All I asked is if I had something to sell was it ok for a transaction to take place if someone wanted to buy.

Since I have obviously upset the chiefs I will politely bow out from attending.

That was the original idea but it seems people are being quite childish about it or rather not listening to what has been said multiple times. Personally, I think it's a fine idea and allows others to get gear potentially unavailable anywhere else but there's always those few. We'll see, it's a week from now so if anything more arises it'll just merely have to be a meet, greed and listen.

Mar 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #214 of 294
Sorry for creating a childish fuss. All I asked is if I had something to sell was it ok for a transaction to take place if someone wanted to buy.

Since I have obviously upset the chiefs I will politely bow out from attending.

I'd much rather you attend and enjoy yourself along with awesome audio gear. As for being upset there's none of that more so rather irritation at repetition and miss quotation. To amend this I'll post an edit on my first post with the full rules for those wishing to sell their gear such that there's no longer any issues, miss interpretation, confusion or the likes.

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #216 of 294
Hello all - I'm a complete newb to Head-Fi and this new hobby. I've spent a considerable amount of time exploring the various threads and was curious as to why this meet was was scheduled right during the big CanJam show in southern California. Was this deliberate or just an oversight? I believe that by doing this, very few vendors will be in attendance to demonstrate their new products. 

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #217 of 294
  Hello all - I'm a complete newb to Head-Fi and this new hobby. I've spent a considerable amount of time exploring the various threads and was curious as to why this meet was was scheduled right during the big CanJam show in southern California. Was this deliberate or just an oversight? I believe that by doing this, very few vendors will be in attendance to demonstrate their new products. 

It was neither. It's unfortunate that it overlapped but it just so happened to fall within a time frame that the most people would be able to attend. If you search for a charlotte head-fi meet you'll see posts trying to get this together since early or mid last year.

On a completely separate note, welcome to the community my friend, pleased to meet your acquaintance.

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #218 of 294
nc42acc, attend the meet, you've upset no one. I'm certain you'll enjoy seeing and listening to all the gear and meeting fellow headphone enthusiasts.

+1

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #219 of 294
I just noticed this thanks to the front page! I'm in Charlotte and can bring the following:

Fostex TH-X00
Fostex TH-600 w/ Lawton Audio pads & tune-up, and custom wood cups
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 black
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 brushed nickel
Alpha & Delta AD01 w/ upgraded cable

Schiit Modi 2 Uber
Schiit Magni 2 Uber
Schiit Vali 2
Schiit Bifrost Multibit
Schiit Lyr 2

I seen this but completely forgot to comment but welcome to the thread my friend, we're very pleased to have you attend the meet!

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #220 of 294
First, allow me to address the issue of selling items at the meet. In the past it has been part of the fun of the event so long as no one went overboard with it. Simply putting a price tag on an item was all that would be necessary. This allowed some attendees to sell some of their items and other attendees to find some real treasures. This is a win-win situation for all as long as it did not get out of hand and it has not in the past four CanFests that I organized.  So, in my opinion, a little bit of wheeling and dealing is part of the fun and excitement of the event. Given that history, I will let others decide how they would like to proceed.

Regarding the other issue with this being scheduled on the same weekend as CanJam, Army-Firedawg has explained it nicely. It was felt that we didn't want to have a large presence of vendors as that changes the feel and purpose of the event. It can be a good thing but the focus changes. We have done this in the past and it was a terrific experience. We had some very "heavy hitters" in the industry who were kind enough to take the time and expense to be with us. However, it was decided to keep this low key and more personal.  We have done both types of events in the past. Should there be an interest in having a more vendor focused meet for the next one, then this could be considered. Please realize that this is much more work and time intensive for the organizers and several volunteers would be needed. However, it can be very rewarding both in seeing new equipment directly from the manufacturers and actually meeting them. 

Additionally, in regards to CanJam, it was felt that there would be very few, if any attendees, that would want to attend both CanJam and CanFest 5. Thus, we did not think this would have any effect on our attendance.

Finally, nc42acc, you MUST attend. This is a brotherhood/sisterhood and is an important support system for all of us. It's nice to see that other people are as crazy or even more so than you. So, if you attempt to not join us we will hunt you down and drag you to the meet and we might even ground you from using headphones for a month. We also know people in the Winston/Salem area who break knee caps for a living. Are you getting the hint? See how nice we can be?

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #221 of 294
I really need to hear those TH-X00 - I was so close to buying them on massdrop but timing was not optimal due to some life changes but I need to know what I missed out on and if I need to be on the lookout for the next sale.  Thanks for picking up the slack on these.  I will also likely bring my:
Philips Fidelio X1
AKG Q701

Also, we've typically gotten together the night before for meet/greet/drinks and was wondering if there is a designated location for this part of the event.  I'll be driving in the night before but highly doubt I'll be staying at that hotel so I want to have my ducks in a row before I drive out... might need to coordinate a dd also.  Did I forget these details in the 15 pages of this thread or have we discussed it already?

Mar 12, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #222 of 294
  I really need to hear those TH-X00 - I was so close to buying them on massdrop but timing was not optimal due to some life changes but I need to know what I missed out on and if I need to be on the lookout for the next sale.  Thanks for picking up the slack on these.  I will also likely bring my:
Philips Fidelio X1
AKG Q701

Also, we've typically gotten together the night before for meet/greet/drinks and was wondering if there is a designated location for this part of the event.  I'll be driving in the night before but highly doubt I'll be staying at that hotel so I want to have my ducks in a row before I drive out... might need to coordinate a dd also.  Did I forget these details in the 15 pages of this thread or have we discussed it already?

I don't believe so, everything's been for lunch/post meet. As for a DD if I can use someone elses PV I'll take that role since I don't drink. The idea of meeting up is a pretty cool one! Unfortunately I'll be working till the night before so I'll be unable but that's a heck of an idea.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #224 of 294
I like the idea of this... its very cut and dry then and hopefully  people realize there is no pressure to buy when you are at a Meet... I am really excited for this meet. Bringing K712 and 3 friends

AWESOME! Welcome to the thread my friend. Excited to see you at the meet. I'll update the list this evening when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back