Carolina CanFEST 5 Head Fi Meet, March 19, Charlotte, NC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #76 of 294
Has anyone had any luck with vendors considering attending the event?
Please let me know. 

Also, if there are no objections, I would like to name the event CanFEST 5 to give it an identity for the hotel, attendees, vendors, etc. It also helps to "carry on" a tradition given our previous four events. Please let me know if you find issue with this. 

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #77 of 294
  Mshenay-Nothing wrong with a little (or a lot of) paranoia. That just means you fit right in with the group. 

Everyone at the Meet will likely know how to handle themselves around the gear. However, a reminder sign in front of certain pieces is not a bad idea, especially as you will not likely be at your table at all times when looking around at other tables.

Has anyone had any luck with vendors considering attending the event?
Please let me know. 

Also, if there are no objections, I would like to name the event CanFEST 5 to give it an identity for the hotel, attendees, vendors, etc. It also helps to "carry on" a tradition given our previous four events. Please let me know if you find issue with this. 

I've got no issues there!

I'm also trying to get my hands on a Telefunken Ecc88 for my Starlight! I've heard a lot about these over the years an I'm hoping I'll like it an have it with my for the event ^^ 

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #78 of 294
As a bit of a noob, I think it is super important to do a little signage. Last thing I want to do is ruin any of y'all's fancy and expensive stuff by pressing the wrong button, turning the wrong knob, etc.

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #79 of 294
  As a bit of a noob, I think it is super important to do a little signage. Last thing I want to do is ruin any of y'all's fancy and expensive stuff by pressing the wrong button, turning the wrong knob, etc.

Pretty much the reason why I decided not to bring my HE-6 setup.  I only have 1 DAC (with volume control), and I run all of my amps using the same source.  If volume isn't reduced when going from dynamic headphones to HE-6 (Which is powered by a power amp, so no volume control), either the user will have a very loud surprise, or drivers will be blown 
wink_face.gif

Too much to explain on a sign and you can't expect everyone to thoroughly read a long explanation.

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #80 of 294
We can officially post CanFest 5 will be held on March 19, 2016 from 8AM-4PM

Address: 19901 Holiday Ln, Cornelius, NC 28031

Phone:(704) 892-9120
Rooms are $52.95/night

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #86 of 294
As far as the stud remark I thought he actually wrote "Dud" with which I was in complete agreement. So thank you for catching that and please don't let anyone ever say something nice about me. It ruins my reputation.

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #87 of 294
As far as the stud remark I thought he actually wrote "Dud" with which I was in complete agreement. So thank you for catching that and please don't let anyone ever say something nice about me. It ruins my reputation.

LMBO too funny. But Carolina CanFest "x" has a nice ring to it.

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #88 of 294
LMBO too funny. But Carolina CanFest "x" has a nice ring to it.

Indeed it does! Hopefully, we can start getting a big name an banner like the SoCal an Atlanta Can Jams

but here in the south, we hold a fest ;3 

Jan 16, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #89 of 294
  Indeed it does! Hopefully, we can start getting a big name an banner like the SoCal an Atlanta Can Jams

but here in the south, we hold a fest ;3 

I'll third this notion, especially with the abundance of music festivals in the Southeast.

Jan 16, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #90 of 294
Just a simple reminder to please let MOT, (members of the trade) which would include dealers and manufacturers, know that if they are not able to attend it would still be great if they had any equipment that they would like to send to the show for demo purposes and then have it returned. Regarding receiving the equipment, we can do it one of two ways; have them send it to whomever they work with in our group or have one central "clearinghouse" which is what was done for past CanFESTs. The reason for this was that it was simpler for me, who was the clearinghouse, to ship everything back and cover for the shipping return costs. Either way is fine. Let me know.

The second item to mention to them is that if they have any products they would like to donate for the door prize and raffle items, to help offset show expenses, it would be greatly appreciated. In the past, MOTs would be very generous as it is a way for them to promote their company and products and more importantly help promote the hobby and insure its longevity. If you need me to talk to any of them, once you get a contact, I will be happy to do so. Many of them may already know me from past CanFests. Just PM me. 

Finally, I am trying to get a demo of the brand new Pass Labs headphone amp. This is just being released and we will be one of the first in the country to experience it. The limiting factor is availability. I have a close friend at Pass Labs and he was the actual designer of the headphone amp. So, getting an ok is not an issue but having one when we need it may be problematic. We shall see. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back