Carolina CanFEST 5 Head Fi Meet, March 19, Charlotte, NC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #61 of 294
  I just remembered the Days Inn of Cornelius, NC ,19901 Holiday Ln, Cornelius, NC. That was a very nice venue. Any thoughts? 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/715260/charlotte-nc-meet-april-19-2014-meet-impressions

Cornelius is about 25 minutes north of Charlotte just off I-77. 

Original thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/696198/charlotte-nc-meet-april-19th-2014

Further North YAY q.q should we maybe just start calling different Hotels/ Motels maybe see who's got the best Rate an nicest Meeting room 

I would like something further south than north, less travel time for me <.< 

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #62 of 294
I just remembered the Days Inn of Cornelius, NC ,19901 Holiday Ln, Cornelius, NC. That was a very nice venue. Any thoughts? 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/715260/charlotte-nc-meet-april-19-2014-meet-impressions

Cornelius is about 25 minutes north of Charlotte just off I-77. 

Original thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/696198/charlotte-nc-meet-april-19th-2014

The room size was pretty huge, and I'd say it would be great if we could get it at the same rate as last time.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #64 of 294
OK, we are back in business. The Days Inn in Cornelius/Lake Norman, NC is available for 3/19 and 3/26. If there are no objections or comments I will reserve the room for 3/26 giving us plenty of time to pull in more attendees and MOT. 

The rate last time was $400 and now $600 as the room was completely renovated. However, due to my pretty face, they will do it at the old rate of $400. I will cover any amount beyond what we collect for the room. The rate for rooms for those staying over will only be $52.95 plus tax. 

I will nail down the reservation later today or by tomorrow unless we have any other suggestions.

Mshenay, sorry for the extra little travel time from Myrtle Beach. 

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #65 of 294
  OK, we are back in business. The Days Inn in Cornelius/Lake Norman, NC is available for 3/19 and 3/26. If there are no objections or comments I will reserve the room for 3/26 giving us plenty of time to pull in more attendees and MOT. 

The rate last time was $400 and now $600 as the room was completely renovated. However, due to my pretty face, they will do it at the old rate of $400. I will cover any amount beyond what we collect for the room. The rate for rooms for those staying over will only be $52.95 plus tax. 

I will nail down the reservation later today or by tomorrow unless we have any other suggestions.

Mshenay, sorry for the extra little travel time from Myrtle Beach. 

That's alright man, I might try an get the time off then for that! Thankfully I can just drive up there an back in a single day,

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #67 of 294
Has any thought been given to having a "For Sale" table? I've got a bunch of small stuff I'd like to sell.

I think a lot of people already kinda do that at meets, granted they may not have a "set table" but they may be open to selling products 

Non the less, I've heard of people making a sale at a meet before ^^ 

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #68 of 294
I stopped by the hotel today to take another look at the room. They now have a brand new faux wooden floor instead of carpet. They are also sprucing it up a bit beyond the new flooring. I will say one thing, Bobby, who is the manager, is trying to be very accommodating for our group. He remembers us from last time and it was a most positive experience for all. Clearly, this is not a Four Seasons Hotel but I think it is great for our needs at probably a tenth of the price. There are several good restaurants in the immediate area for lunch or perhaps we might just have pizza again like we did before.

There are plenty of electrical outlets spaced about every 6-8 feet apart but please bring extension cords and power strips just in case. The tables will all have table cloths on them. Most are 6 feet long and 18 inches wide. There are a few 36 inch wide tables and also a few 8 foot long tables. We can always put two 18 inch tables together to get a width of 36 inches if necessary. My point is that if you think you will need more than an 18" wide table please let me know. Also, if you want more than one table please advise. I just want to make sure the room will be set up properly to meet the needs of everyone. I tend to sweat the details to help ensure that all goes smoothly the day of the Meet. Any suggestions/help are gladly welcomed.

Sooo, let's now plan on March 19th from 9AM-4PM so as to not interfere with Easter weekend which falls on the following weekend. Any objections or suggestions regarding this date?
If not, I will confirm it with Bobby tomorrow. 

Finally, if anyone plans to stay over the night before or the night of the Meet please let me know so I can give the hotel a rough idea of how many may require a room. You do not have to guaranty that you will stay overnight but a rough estimate would be helpful. 

Thanks,
Danny

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #69 of 294
  I stopped by the hotel today to take another look at the room. They now have a brand new faux wooden floor instead of carpet. They are also sprucing it up a bit beyond the new flooring. I will say one thing, Bobby, who is the manager, is trying to be very accommodating for our group. He remembers us from last time and it was a most positive experience for all. Clearly, this is not a Four Seasons Hotel but I think it is great for our needs at probably a tenth of the price. There are several good restaurants in the immediate area for lunch or perhaps we might just have pizza again like we did before.

There are plenty of electrical outlets spaced about every 6-8 feet apart but please bring extension cords and power strips just in case. The tables will all have table cloths on them. Most are 6 feet long and 18 inches wide. There are a few 36 inch wide tables and also a few 8 foot long tables. We can always put two 18 inch tables together to get a width of 36 inches if necessary. My point is that if you think you will need more than an 18" wide table please let me know. Also, if you want more than one table please advise. I just want to make sure the room will be set up properly to meet the needs of everyone. I tend to sweat the details to help ensure that all goes smoothly the day of the Meet. Any suggestions/help are gladly welcomed.

Sooo, let's now plan on March 19th from 9AM-4PM so as to not interfere with Easter weekend which falls on the following weekend. Any objections or suggestions regarding this date?

Finally, if anyone plans to stay over the night before or the night of the Meet please let me know so I can give the hotel a rough idea of how many may require a room. You do not have to guaranty that you will stay overnight but a rough estimate would be helpful. 

Thanks,
Danny

Nice that works! I can totally swing that, Might try an grab the 18th an 19th, any one care to share a Hotel Room an maybe Carpool with me? 

Also my biggest concern is my Amp ... I may only have my AH A100\ W1000X [take your pick ] Running on the NFB10ES2.
It does have enough power to ruin my low Impedance Dynamics, an I REALLY don't want... some one to well blow my Headphones :/  Maybe a REALLY Big Sign will do, thankfully there is no volume Knob so you can't accidently turn it up to loud, you can ofc Swap the Gain to high :/ 

This is my first Meet, so I apologize if I'm paranoid 

The Same applies to my iBasso PB2 Thankfully, the PB2 has a Spilt Cable so Chances are I'll b running my LA D5k an TH X00 out of both of Those Sourced from the HM 901

I'll also be Running my Allesandro MS1i an my Senn Grado from the HM601 via  Spiltter 

Still I dunno I might make a REALLY BIG Sign an HEAVILY advise you guys to be careful with my balanced Amps... 

An I may Keep my HE 4 for those who want to hear it, I'm sure there will be plenty of time to walk back to the Tables xD 

As for gear... I've got... well more

Let's start with Sources 
Hm901
HM601 [Re purchased cuz well I want a comparison]
iPod Nano Gen 3 4GB
I'll be Running my NFB10ES2 via my Windows 8 Laptop an Berhinger UAC 202s Spdif Digital Out 

an ofc my LG V10 if any one is curious, 

For Amps 

Project Starlight [not sure what tube yet] Might have it running in Tadem with my NFB10ES2 via the Line out 
iBasso PB2 sourced hm901 Line Out 
NFB10ES2 [it's a dac/amp]

For Headphones

Denon LA D5k / AH A100
Fostex TH X00 [Alpha Pads balanced ReCable] 
Audio Technica W1000X [modded L3000 Pads] / ES10... Bill P modded the crap out of these like literally [Custom Wood Cups, Cable, Pads an lots of driver mods] 
Hifiman HE 4 
Allesandro MS1i
Joe Doe/Peterek/ FleasBaby Senn Grado 

Chances are I'll be carrying the ES10 around with my LG V10

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #70 of 294
Regarding the sale of any items at the meet: ABSOLUTELY!
That's half the fun. So if you have any items you would like to offer up just bring them. I would suggest that to make things easier one might want to just keep the items on their table with a price posted so people will know what it for sale. For those not using a table we can have a "central" table location with your name on the item so attendees will know who to seek out. If you want to do it differently just let me know as nothing is written in stone. 

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #71 of 294
@DannyB Date works out fine for me. I'll go ahead and put in my request!! Super excited to meet all of you!

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #72 of 294
  Regarding the sale of any items at the meet: ABSOLUTELY!
That's half the fun. So if you have any items you would like to offer up just bring them. I would suggest that to make things easier one might want to just keep the items on their table with a price posted so people will know what it for sale. For those not using a table we can have a "central" table location with your name on the item so attendees will know who to seek out. If you want to do it differently just let me know as nothing is written in stone. 

An right :D I was half tempted to fly out to Cali this year an buy an Ether C, but I figured maybe I ought to experince my First Head Fi meet closer to home 

an I apologize for being paranoid as well, 

@DannyB Date works out fine for me. I'll go ahead and put in my request!! Super excited to meet all of you!

Like Wise

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #73 of 294

Thanks,
Danny

Awesome! Thank You Danny. When I started to read about a possible meet in Charlotte, and there was discussion about a venue - I immediately thought of the hotel in Cornelius - that was such a good venue for this. Thank you for doing the legwork with Bobby to get it put together. You are a STUD!

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #74 of 294
  Awesome! Thank You Danny. When I started to read about a possible meet in Charlotte, and there was discussion about a venue - I immediately thought of the hotel in Cornelius - that was such a good venue for this. Thank you for doing the legwork with Bobby to get it put together. You are a STUD!

Yea man thanks again @ Danny! It's really great that you guys were able to find a place a little outside of Charlotte! This'll be my first Meet an I'm excited :D 

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #75 of 294
Mshenay-Nothing wrong with a little (or a lot of) paranoia. That just means you fit right in with the group. 

Everyone at the Meet will likely know how to handle themselves around the gear. However, a reminder sign in front of certain pieces is not a bad idea, especially as you will not likely be at your table at all times when looking around at other tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back