Carnivores gather round.
Jul 14, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #46 of 80
Quote:
Insert keys in door. Drive to Wendy's, order large vanilla frosty with large sea salt fries with a triple stack burger.....and soda.. Sit down.......eat.... go eat salad for a week and repeat!

Never say no to panda... I take credit for you going to eat!

Lol. If I could go to Wendys right now I would, thanks to this post. And LOL at the frosty AND soda.

Jul 14, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #48 of 80
Quote:
Yeah I can't take it, gonna make a burger in the kitchen now, no Wendy's in this country anyway.

Hungry Jacks (Burger King clone) have that "ultimate whopper" though which is damn nice and high cal.

1000 calories or bust.....

Now back to the main thread and tell me of your Code Geass experience!

Jul 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #49 of 80
Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1000 calories or bust.....

Now back to the main thread and tell me of your Code Geass experience!

1000 not good enough

5319036_f260.jpg

Now back to kitchen!

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #50 of 80
I had a hard time in Australia because of the tomato sauce vs ketchup issue.  Hungry Jack was about as close as I could get to ketchup - but it still wasn't quite "right"...

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #51 of 80
Nothing better than an Argentine BBQ platter, they all eat the kind of meat only the rich can afford to eat in the US. Grass-fed, free range, hormone and antibiotic free; the way it was here a just a few decades ago. Their Chimichurri marinade is outstanding as well.

Korean BBQ gets an honorable mention from me as do a few select steak houses in the US.

But the Argentinians really kick it up a notch:

El-Gaucho-Argentine-Grill-5.jpg

It's not uncommon to get 6 or more completely different cuts of meat on your plate; the vegetables are just for show
wink_face.gif

Chimichurri recipe:
http://www.marinatemebaby.com/?p=1654

Jul 14, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #52 of 80
Insert keys in door. Drive to Wendy's, order large vanilla frosty with large sea salt fries with a triple stack burger.....and soda.. Sit down.......eat.... go eat salad for a week and repeat!

Never say no to panda... I take credit for you going to eat!

Got Jack In The Box (it was closer and open). :)

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #55 of 80
Quote:
Nothing better than an Argentine BBQ platter, they all eat the kind of meat only the rich can afford to eat in the US. Grass-fed, free range, hormone and antibiotic free; the way it was here a just a few decades ago. Their Chimichurri marinade is outstanding as well.

Korean BBQ gets an honorable mention from me as do a few select steak houses in the US.

But the Argentinians really kick it up a notch:

El-Gaucho-Argentine-Grill-5.jpg

It's not uncommon to get 6 or more completely different cuts of meat on your plate; the vegetables are just for show
wink_face.gif

Chimichurri recipe:
http://www.marinatemebaby.com/?p=1654

Oh God in heaven that looks wonderful my friend.

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #59 of 80
OH NO!!!

I really, really hate to do it, but I need to disagree (again) with grokit....

Grass-fed beef is *vastly* inferior to US corn-fed prime beef.  There - I said it.  And yes, I have had both at very high-quality levels and I *can* taste the difference.  I will make the disclaimer that I grew-up on a farm, we raised livestock, and I have very definite views about what constitutes excellent meat - and my view does not always correlate with the trendy gastronome's views of good meat...

Jul 14, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #60 of 80
Enjoy your additional fat and cholesterol from feedlot beef billybob. Cattle need to be grass-fed all of their lives, and then "fattened up" with grain at the end to optimize their meat both for taste and for nutrition. You must have tasted beef that wasn't finished with grain, which I agree is generally stringy, tough and unpalatable.

I grew up on a working ranch, and all through junior/high school where we raised our own cattle and hogs. I was involved in raising them, from the branding and castrating to the slaughtering and butchering process. The beef that you'll find in stores and even most butcher shops and restaurants is totally inferior.

The fat is where all the toxins in meat are so enjoy those as well. CAFO cows move to feedlots once they hit 650 or 750 pounds, a weight it takes the average cow twelve months to reach on pasture. Feedlot life lasts three to four months so grain fed cattle are much more profitable.

But they are also much less healthy. Simply put, while the omega-6:xf_eek:mega-3 ratio in CAFO beef is worse than the ratio in grass-fed beef, it’s not because the omega-6 content of beef fat skyrockets with grain feeding; it’s because the omega-3 content is basically nonexistent. And if you don't know why we need omega-3 in our diet than you need to figure it out. Much more here.

Grass-fed truly shines in the micronutrient profile for one reason. Grass-fed cows get more nutritious food. Remember: they aren’t munching on monoculture lawn cuttings (let alone soy and corn). They’re eating a wide variety of (often wild) grasses, sedges, rushes, shrubs, and herbs, each with its own nutrient profile. Of course, how nutritious those graminoids are depends on the quality of the soil

Concentrated feed can mean any number of things, but the base food is always a grain slurry, typically of corn and corn byproducts (husks, cobs), soy and soy hulls, spent brewery grain, spent distiller’s grain, and other cereals. CAFO nutritionists can get pretty creative, though, sometimes including cotton byproducts, old candy (including wrappers), beet and citrus pulp, and peanut shells in their cows’ diet.

The bottom line is that cattle are ruminating mammals, meaning that their stomach has four compartments and they have a digestive system that is optimized for grazing in a pasture by regurgitating and re-chewing the plant materials as "cud". But I'm sure that you are already aware of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back