Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Oct 6, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #226 of 453
The Cardas sounds different on different source. I mean, very different.

On my AK120 it sounded bad, on DX100, nah. On my desktop rig, Sansa Clip + and iPad (4G), it sounded fantastic!

My only gripe with it is the cable...

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #227 of 453
The Cardas sounds different on different source. I mean, very different.

On my AK120 it sounded bad, on DX100, nah. On my desktop rig, Sansa Clip + and iPad (4G), it sounded fantastic!

Seems impedance related.

I went to the Cardas website but couldnt find any specs. What is the impedance, sensitivity, etc. of the ear speaker?

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #228 of 453
Found this:

specifications

Model
Neo Dynamic canal type
Impedance
32Ω
Diaphragm
11.5mm PEN (polyethylene naphtha rate)
Sound pressure level
115dB @ 1kHz

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #230 of 453
No, try pair it with DX50 using blue tips.
Well, I think this EM is sleeping dragon, it can perform more detail than stock sound.
I will save my money to recable with alo silver or audionote tonearms (it cost maybe 200 usd :V).

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #231 of 453
No, try pair it with DX50 using blue tips.
Well, I think this EM is sleeping dragon, it can perform more detail than stock sound.
I will save my money to recable with alo silver or audionote tonearms (it cost maybe 200 usd :V).

Because you feel the cardas clear light cable isn't good enough?

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #233 of 453
uelover, no, I'm a cardas cable fans, I love it when paired cardas 4x24 awg to my T50RP, I love when I paired my 8 strand-mod-cardas-hookup wire with my Fitear 111.
Clear cable are great in terms of EM dark sounding.
Just curious with cardas driver when paired to silver cable, you know what I mean to add some "treble"...

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #234 of 453
I have now had mine for a week and burned them in as much as possible playing my library through them as I slept. I really dig these and am loving the sound. I have some LCD-2s and these, to me, are an IEM compliment to the Audeze. They have a similar signature to me, somewhat laid back with a wide soundstage.

I am running them through my RWAK-100 and ALO International amp on low gain, and using the same EQ as on my LCD-2 with a bit more treble added on the very high end. The bass is remarkable and sounds in every way correct and true to the recording.

I am a detail freak, using my Ety ER-4s all the time, but with the Cardas I still perceive the detail, but can listen with literally no fatigue for long sessions. Last night I fell asleep with them in and that never happens to me! To me that is a testament to how enjoyable they are to listen to. It's just my 2 cents but I am truly happy with these and they are "keepers". I think I found the IEM for me. Bottom line, I love them and I think Cardas did a great job overall. The cable is longish and bulky but that's not a deal breaker. Highly recommended.

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #236 of 453
I have now had mine for a week and burned them in as much as possible playing my library through them as I slept. I really dig these and am loving the sound. I have some LCD-2s and these, to me, are an IEM compliment to the Audeze. They have a similar signature to me, somewhat laid back with a wide soundstage.

I am running them through my RWAK-100 and ALO International amp on low gain, and using the same EQ as on my LCD-2 with a bit more treble added on the very high end. The bass is remarkable and sounds in every way correct and true to the recording.

I am a detail freak, using my Ety ER-4s all the time, but with the Cardas I still perceive the detail, but can listen with literally no fatigue for long sessions. Last night I fell asleep with them in and that never happens to me! To me that is a testament to how enjoyable they are to listen to. It's just my 2 cents but I am truly happy with these and they are "keepers". I think I found the IEM for me. Bottom line, I love them and I think Cardas did a great job overall. The cable is longish and bulky but that's not a deal breaker. Highly recommended.

X2

The Cardas Ear Mirror is a special IEM. Full-sounding, possesses micro details, nice clarity and imaging. I am finding, however, that it likes to be amped and lot of power. The more power you feed it the better performance it will give you. Oh, and large bore silicon tips.

Oct 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #237 of 453
Now listen to binaural recording by dr. Chesky's. I'm shocked, the soundstage-imaging- positioning-3d sound I can't explain, the sound is more natural than any my collections, it sound more out of my head.
I guess, maybe the house sound of this iem is tuned by George Cardas based on a "Home Speaker".

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #238 of 453
Now listen to binaural recording by dr. Chesky's. I'm shocked, the soundstage-imaging- positioning-3d sound I can't explain, the sound is more natural than any my collections, it sound more out of my head.
I guess, maybe the house sound of this iem is tuned by George Cardas based on a "Home Speaker".

I totally agree! The more I listen to these the more I feel the same way. The soundstage is so much bigger and more accurate than other IEMs and even though most people prefer the white tips for better isolation, I am hooked on the blue tips. They open it up even more and the bass seems more accurate and there is more "air" to the sound. Give the blue tips a try and tell me what you think. The bass slam is still there and I could get lost listening all day if I had the time. These are the best audio purchase I have made in a long time. My LCD-2s have not seen much use lately and that says a lot.

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #239 of 453
I've had the EM5813's for about a month now.  When I first heard them I was very disappointed - "dark" and "muddy" are the terms that comes to mind.  But based on the comments on this forum I kept at it - had them playing almost continuously for weeks.  Over that period of time they've really changed - burn in seems to be a reality with these guys.  While I still think that have a "dark" sound, now I would describe them as lush and liquid, especially in the mids.  The lows are very present but balanced.  The highs seem to be rolled off a bit but at a point that still lets some sparkle though and that doesn't become fatiguing.  My only complaint would be the cable being rather heavy and unwieldy, and having a fairly high degree of microphonics.  They also seem to pair with differing degrees of success with various DAPS.  I like them a lot with the DX50 but as someone remarked above, not so well with the AK120.  So far I think they're just ok with the X3.  It does seem that they benefit from some amping as well.  But overall I'm very pleased with this purchase.  It's a unique IEM with a unique sound I think.

Oct 19, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #240 of 453
I totally agree with your experience. I am a big fan of these IEMs obviously as I have posted before. The cable is a rather heavy, yes, but I wear them with the cable over the ear and that goes a long way to making them very comfortable. I stopped wearing them simply with the cable hanging down and now the cable is a non issue.

I also felt the cable was too long, but now after living with it and wearing the cable over my ears, I think it's just right. The more I use them the less I want anything else, and in this hobby that's a good thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back