Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Jun 30, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #391 of 453
Certainly nothing publicly announced... They could always have made some changes that nobody was told about.

I don't believe there are multiple versions. 

Thanks guys, earlier I read talks of model1 vs model 2 and from whatever I could gather, only model1  was released but wanted to confirm.
Cheers 
etysmile.gif

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #392 of 453

Certainly nothing publicly announced... They could always have made some changes that nobody was told about.

I don't believe there are multiple versions. 

Thanks guys, earlier I read talks of model1 vs model 2 and from whatever I could gather, only model1  was released but wanted to confirm.
Cheers 
etysmile.gif

Yes, initially Cardas had planned on releasing two different models, but due to the unexpected amount of time it took just to get the one model right they changed their minds.

Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #393 of 453
Got my pair earlier today from a fellow Head-Fi'er. They have something like 200-300 hours of burn-in on them.

I've listened to them for roughly three hours today and am already impressed. I haven't done any extended comparisons between my FX700 or ER-4P yet, but I don't think I will need to.

These seem to be a great fit for me where sound-sig is concerned.

Oh, another thing I came across when listening to these: I don't hear any lack of data retrieval compared to the ER-4P. Maybe in a direct comparison I will hear the difference, but, as of right now, I feel these are pretty close to the ER-4P's in accuracy.

I'll report back once I have some more listening done. I find it strange these aren't all that popular.

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #394 of 453
Had to give them a second try after the first try did not go so well. Something about the sound kept calling me to it. I've read updates regarding improvement due to the new tip arrangement and how it has improve the sound. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #395 of 453
  Had to give them a second try after the first try did not go so well. Something about the sound kept calling me to it. I've been well updates on regards of the new tip arrangement and how it has improve the sound. 

what new tip arrangement?

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #397 of 453
I just tried the JVC Spiral Dot tips on Cardas and I like them better that any of the included tips. I'm also using them on the Roxanne UF, FitEar 334 and on the FX850.

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #399 of 453
Just to add to the consensus - I have owned mine since December, and whenever I use them I appreciate them more and more. The sound is a lot more like listening to my actual hifi - details are not as up close, which may sound disappointing to some headfiers initially, but the result is just so listenable. It isn't monitor-quality detail, but there is a lot there.

Also, I use the blue tips after losing the soft clear ones. I find I can 'tune' them - gently sitting in my ears for vocals and quartets, or pushed deeper in for electronic or dance music.

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #400 of 453
Try the headphones with Comply Tsx-400.I use the Tsx model for the addition comfort and protective wax guard. It is worth it to initially get a three size package. I am using a small size tip and getting a good seal. Normally I would use a medium.

Sep 26, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #401 of 453
I keep coming back to how musically satisfying and natural  they are.  Kind'a the point, isn;t it?

Sep 26, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #402 of 453
I certainly like the sound and after my first died due to driver failure I decided to buy a second pair and sadly upon arrival there was a scratch on the unit right out of the box. I just cannot trust the QC and built quality of what is a very engaging and refreshing tuning. 

I hope they revise this unit and be more strict on QC.

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #403 of 453
I have had the Cardas for about 6 months now.  I really like the sound, or maybe I have just gotten used to them.  I think I am bored and want to try something different.  I think I am going to try something with a little more detail.  Can anyone make some suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back