Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Feb 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #376 of 453
I really don't know why these don't get more attention on Head-Fi. IMO, they are one of the best in-ears that I have owned. I first didn't feel that way, but as I now have probably 400 hours on them so far, my impressions have changed greatly. They do truly take a couple of hundred hours to reach their potential.

I wear mine over-ear using the large Sony hybrid tips. Both the comfort and seal are excellent. The expansive and natural soundstage must be heard to be appreciated. The synergy between the Cardas and Tera-Player is exceptional and they seem to be made for each other. I can literally wear them all day without fatigue.

I should unsubscribe from this thread so the temptation goes away, yet I keep torturing myself.  Damn upgraditis...

These aren't cheap enough to buy and hope the fit and isolation are good enough and I can live with the cable, but there's no way I'm going to get to demo them to find out.  Unless there's a UK based head-fi'er with a burnt in pair who's having an ear operation who wouldn't mind lending me theirs for a couple of days?  I can dream!

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #377 of 453
I should unsubscribe from this thread so the temptation goes away, yet I keep torturing myself.  Damn upgraditis...

These aren't cheap enough to buy and hope the fit and isolation are good enough and I can live with the cable, but there's no way I'm going to get to demo them to find out.  Unless there's a UK based head-fi'er with a burnt in pair who's having an ear operation who wouldn't mind lending me theirs for a couple of days?  I can dream!

I have what could be called medium-sized ears and with the combination of over-ear wearing and the Sony tips, the fit is as good as any phones I have previously owned and the weight of the cable is not noticeable. With the Sony tips, I would estimate there is about 20 db of isolation. Probably not satisfactory for heavy traffic or trains, but certainly enough for moderate levels of noise in the home or office environment.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #378 of 453
I have what could be called medium-sized ears and with the combination of over-ear wearing and the Sony tips, the fit is as good as any phones I have previously owned and the weight of the cable is not noticeable. With the Sony tips, I would estimate there is about 20 db of isolation. Probably not satisfactory for heavy traffic or trains, but certainly enough for moderate levels of noise in the home or office environment.

A picture of how you are wearing them would be nice.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #381 of 453

Well fit is personal and I would like to wear them on my commute which includes moderate traffic - the only way to know if they're "good" is to try them.  The UK stockist charges 20% on a return in a sealed box, once the box is open I'd be stuck with them.

I'll have to check how well they sell on here, if anyone non-US has even tried to sell something so unpopular!

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #383 of 453
I don't think that I've ever had this dramatic an effect of burn in.  The bass completely changes, from what felt like bloated and over powering to just right.

And I don't think that it's me getting used to it, as I listened to it for two afternoons, then let it just burn in for a week and started listening again.

Cardas should just do this before they ship these to people.

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #384 of 453
I ended up selling my pair. They were just too heavy, especially the cable. I think the cable is totally overkill. 

The sound was excellent however. 

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #385 of 453
They are definitely heavy and the cable is crazy big for IEMs, wish it were replaceable too.  

Been listening to mine only at my desk, so not a big concern there.  I don't think that I'll be traveling with them any time soon.

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #386 of 453
Not only does the bass gets better balanced with more control, the whole sound spectrum becomes a lot more transparent when you run them through the Cardas Clarifier apps available for both ios and Androids.

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #387 of 453
Not only does the bass gets better balanced with more control, the whole sound spectrum becomes a lot more transparent when you run them through the Cardas Clarifier apps available for both ios and Androids.

The burn in app I was using did full range sweeps, which I believe is what the Cardas app does. Part of me feels a bit perturbed that a they ask for another $0.99 on top of the $400 headphones

Jun 29, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #389 of 453
  Hey guys,
   are there multiple versions of Cardas EM5813? If so, is there a post/thread describing differences between various versions?

Thanks

I don't believe there are multiple versions. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back