Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Jan 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #331 of 453
Ditto - I find that for me these work best not with a tight seal but placed fairly gently in. Deeper in and the low notes become bloomy. In this respect the very opposite of what I'm used to. I completely agree with the above comments about non-fatiguing musicality vs up-close analytical detail.

That's exactly my experience!  I have to use these almost like ear-buds, gently in my ear, shallow rather than deep fit.

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #335 of 453
Out of the box they sound congested and bass was boomy but that changed in a three hour span...but yeah they are exquisite sounding and the mids are the best thing I heard:astonished:

Interesting that you began to enjoy them so quickly. It took me quite a bit longer to go beyond experiencing a muddy/overly bassy sound.  I'm glad that you're enjoying them!

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #337 of 453
Thank you sir:sunglasses: ....im using the blue tips :blush:

Initially I found the white tips provided too much bass and used the blue tips.  I eventually found that the blue tips didn't provide enough bass, so I switched back to the white tips.  Now I find that the white tips provide a deep, full but not overbearing bass.  Funny how my perceptions changed over time - whether it's due to "burn-in" or simply becoming accustomed to the sound.

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #339 of 453
I have ordered my Cardas and they will be here Thursday.  I am curious who is amping these?  What amp are you using?  I have an iPhone 5.  Is the Fiio e6 worth adding?  $30 is totally doable,  I do not usually amp any of my portable sources, but I never realized that amp was under $30.

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #341 of 453
Yes these seem very easy to drive. I imagine you might get a different sound from a proper desktop amp, but I'm not sure how much most portable amps would better an iphone. Any experiences out there?

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #342 of 453
I usually use my "portable rig" [iPod Nano + CLAS [1st generation] + Portophile 627] to drive all of my in ear monitors, just to get the best possible sound out of them.  I have listened to the Cardas directly out of my iPhone 5, though, and it sounds great.
I haven't done any dedicated A-B'ing between the two, so I can't render valid impressions on the differences, if, in fact, there are any significant differences.
Glad you joined the Cardas EM5813 club!  There doesn't seem to be many people who have it.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #343 of 453
I've also experimented with different depths of insertion and noticed that the sound changes dramatically.  I like a medium to shallow insertion the best.  to me, it sounds more open and the bass is more articulate.  I've found the included white tips to work very well for me.  has anybody tried any other kinds of tips with these?

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #344 of 453
  I am auditioning a pair of RHA 750's right now.  I know these are not in the same league as the Cardas, but they are extremely comfortable.  But coming from Monster Turbine Coppers, these just do not sound right.  I am giving them another day to burn in to see if the sound changes anymore.  

I really want to get a set of Cardas.  But my unanswered question about the cable is holding me back.  Anyone using these on the move?  How about air travel?  

I know I might be pushing it but has anyone tried these on a treadmill?

I've actually used these on a treadmill, but I just walk fast on the treadmill - I don't jog.  I imagine they'd fall out if you were to jog.  For walking on a treadmill, if you use a lanyard and a binder clip to support the weight of the heavy cable [so the Y split is resting on the binder clip], you can use the Cardas.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #345 of 453
  I've also experimented with different depths of insertion and noticed that the sound changes dramatically.  I like a medium to shallow insertion the best.  to me, it sounds more open and the bass is more articulate.  I've found the included white tips to work very well for me.  has anybody tried any other kinds of tips with these?

I've had the same experience.  Shallow insertion works best for me.  With the white tips I still get nice low-end while retaining a more open sound.  I've tried the Comply T-400 tips, which provided a more secure fit and a better seal, but the bass becomes more accentuated and I lose the open sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back