Cardas Clear Headphone Cable
Jan 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #31 of 75
sinkr, I suggest you just enjoy listening to your Cardas/LCD-3 combo for a few weeks, without changing anything at all.

Then swap back in the stock cable and report back. If there's a difference, it should hit you in the first few seconds - absolutely no need to keep swapping back and forth.

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #33 of 75
Any update here?  I want to upgrade the headphone calb eon HD800 but I dont want to spend the $ if I won't hear a difference.  Any thoughts?  Cardas vs. Moon Silver vs A pure sound?

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #34 of 75
I would check out Tyll's review of Headphone Cables he did a while back on Innerfidelity.  Pretty much nada difference.  I got the Q-Cable for my LCD2's.  Not a huge diff from stock but the cool factor is nice and the cable is super flexible.  I have heard good things about the Moon Silvers too from some of the boys here I trust.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #35 of 75
Quote:
I would check out Tyll's review of Headphone Cables he did a while back on Innerfidelity.  Pretty much nada difference.  I got the Q-Cable for my LCD2's.  Not a huge diff from stock but the cool factor is nice and the cable is super flexible.  I have heard good things about the Moon Silvers too from some of the boys here I trust.

The only thing I can say is that I have both a balanced and single-ended Clear and a balanced Silver Dragon V3 that I use and when I switch my LCD-3s between them (desktop vs. portable equipment), I don't find myself lamenting "I wish I had my Clear."

In short, if you're bent on spending a lot of money on a cable, there are many alternatives that aren't as expensive as the Clear, that probably will do what you want.

My biggest complaint with the Clear, which was also one of its selling points--the fabric sheath, which will pick if you're not careful with it.

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #37 of 75
Thanks for your comment.  What do you mean by "pick"?  Fray?

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #38 of 75
To add my own impressions about the Cardas Clear -- I have the balanced version for HD800s that I use with my Resonessence Invicta (via a Tam Audio connector).   I have compared this cable with the regular Cardas balanced cable, a stock HD800 cable (not balanced) and Endorphin balanced cable, and prefer the Cardas Clear over all of them.   I can't honestly say whether placebo effect or other biases are playing a role or not, but I do feel there are differences, and my ears clearly lean toward the Cardas Clear for this particular set-up. 

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #39 of 75
Quote:
Thanks for your comment.  What do you mean by "pick"?  Fray?

Pick, like the fibers in your sweater being pulled out of the main fabric.  It's very minor in my case, the pick, that is, but it is something to be mindful of watching where you use your cable, say on rough or surfaces with sharp edges.   In the end, it's just basically a tightly woven fabric sleeve on the cable..

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #40 of 75
pick - got it.  thanks.

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #43 of 75
Didn't know this was that expensive. I'm in Manila and I just passed by a high end audio store to hear some Focal Diablo utopia speakers. Saw that they had cardas cables and I asked.

I was given a quote of just under 20$ usd for 2 meters of cardas clear headphone cables. Plus termination points. I'm guessing cables for my he500 would cost about 60$ usd. Too good to be true? Going back next week to finalize my order. I'll post back.

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #44 of 75
Please do then tell us how we can order from you! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #45 of 75
Didn't know this was that expensive. I'm in Manila and I just passed by a high end audio store to hear some Focal Diablo utopia speakers. Saw that they had cardas cables and I asked.

I was given a quote of just under 20$ usd for 2 meters of cardas clear headphone cables. Plus termination points. I'm guessing cables for my he500 would cost about 60$ usd. Too good to be true? Going back next week to finalize my order. I'll post back.

you know the saying... if it's too good to be true...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back