Cardas A8 IEM
May 14, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #46 of 429
I did not mind the Em5813, I really liked their house sound, it is something completely opposite to what I listen to and because of them I learned to shift my attitude about warmer sounding gears. My only issue with them was the built which is nothing insignificant to ignore.
The first model driver died on me, the second time I went for them again 5 months later (yes that is how much I liked them) the earpiece had a visible scratch right out of the box. That is why I didn't bother the third time. 

May 14, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #47 of 429
  Welp midway through may... I might just have to get a EM5813 and suffer with the long cable while mowing. Oh well at least it won't have issues like my RE-262 is about to start having. I guess ill get the A8 one day when they come out and the EM5813 for now. I hope the 5813 is as good as people say. The RHA t 10 body doesnt fit me or else i'd get the T20's... I hope another good dynamic fits me like my RE-262 since i'm not fond of BA earphones.

How many earphones do you need? Too funny. 

May 14, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #48 of 429
I have heard they are heavy and don't isolate very well. But besides mowing i basically use IEM's while sitting down. I'd like to wait for the A8 but since its cardas... we don't know when it's coming out. I'm all set for desktop headphones and my RE-262's are near death i fear, so a good IEM that has a bulletproof cable and build would be nice hence EM5813. Plus i will like the sound i think. They're worth a try on amazon at least. Havent found a good fitting IEM that's just dynamic since the RE-262. Might have to try a 3-way IEM.... gross....

May 14, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #49 of 429
Hahaha not as many as i make it seem! I run a mowing business in summertime so an IEM for that is good. Other than that i need a small headphone i can take anywhere but want it to be seriously good regardless of if it's an IEM, henceforth why I want to try the EM5813. Desktop headphones I'm set on since i have a sony MDR-7520, and am more interested in speakers. Just need a very portable headphone to travel on campus with from place to place. 

May 15, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #50 of 429
I am listening to my Cardas right now and I have more expensive, more comfortable IEMs and I gravitate to these because the sound is right up my alley, warm, tube-like. Very analog. I can't say enough good things about them and I have learned to deal with the long cable, the heft and everything else people have complained about. The bottom line is that they sound remarkable.

However, I wouldn't wear them outside mowing. The cord is nylon sheathed with braid core like many high end cables for audio are and it's permeable by sweat and can fray easily if rubbed in the same spot. They are more of an indoor IEM to me, but I do wear them on short walks from time to time. The port on the outside of the earpiece also pipes in noise from wind...tried them on my bike one day and the rushing wind sound made them pretty annoying.

I use Etymotics for outdoor work. They isolate like no other, are "disposable" to a degree, indestructible and handle sweat and a beating well. Of course they are a polar opposite in sound to the Cardas, but I like the strident, clean contrast of the Etys for a change up. I wouldn't recommend the Cardas EM5813 for mowing or working outdoors. Just my .02. And I mow and do all my yard work with Etymotics jammed tight. Food for thought. :)

May 15, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #51 of 429
I use Etymotics for outdoor work. They isolate like no other, are "disposable" to a degree, indestructible and handle sweat and a beating well. Of course they are a polar opposite in sound to the Cardas, but I like the strident, clean contrast of the Etys for a change up. I wouldn't recommend the Cardas EM5813 for mowing or working outdoors. Just my .02. And I mow and do all my yard work with Etymotics jammed tight. Food for thought.
smily_headphones1.gif

So true and well said.

May 15, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #52 of 429
I think change is good and cardas is going to offer a certain change. If I was to ever get a unique IEM of its own it will either be the FAD FT IX or EM5813. While PF strength is piano notes cardas is just great at jazz, in particular the older recording. 

Jun 11, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #54 of 429
Men I am aching to try the em5813 a third time, when is A8 coming out?

I too am anxious about the A8's release!!! I almost bought the Fostex TE-07 and the CypherLabs C6iem (again) but am still holding out for the A8. Owning the the EM5813 has helped to ease the angst though:grin:

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #58 of 429
It is made for listening, I just wish the driver didn't flex.

I haven't experienced any driver flex with my EM5813, probably due to using the vented blue tips. I love how musical and non-sibilant they are. I do find myself wanting more air/sparkle from time to time though which is what I am hoping that the A8 will bring to the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back