Cardas A8 IEM
Jan 20, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #17 of 429
Just got word directly from Cardas, and it looks like the earliest debut date is now May.  I'm not surprised.  Then, you'll have Steve G. and others shouting, "It was worth the wait!"  I sure hope they are correct.

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #20 of 429
Has anyone seen the update to the Cardas website concerning the A8? It definitely looks like they are bringing a totally revamped iem to the table being that the A8 will have a "Contour Field" and "dual magnet driver". I just bought the EM5813 yesterday too...grrrrr:relieved:

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #22 of 429
Yup.  It's now a waiting game.  Your EM5813 should compliment well with the A8.  At least that's my expectation as a fellow EM5813 owner.

Yeah, it's time to hurry up and wait. I wonder if the new 10+mm driver is going to use a different thin film compound with the driver apart from the new magnet and contour tech that was outlined in their ad?

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #23 of 429
It's all up to the man in charge, who's known to be a perfectionist (in a good way). Nice to read that it's constructed for relatively easy balance transformation. Most likely driven by the balance configuration with the PONO, speaking of which I read that the EM5813 can have the connector converted for PONO balanced - all for $60.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #24 of 429
It's all up to the man in charge, who's known to be a perfectionist (in a good way). Nice to read that it's constructed for relatively easy balance transformation. Most likely driven by the balance configuration with the PONO, speaking of which I read that the EM5813 can have the connector converted for PONO balanced - all for $60.

It will be nice to see them sale a bundle of the A8 and pono.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #25 of 429
Based on that interview with George, I wouldn't be surprised if it was to some degree.  I'm waiting on a PONO/balanced owner on the PONO thread to verify the playback time.  In theory, I would surmise the time would be cut in half, and that may be a show stopper for me.

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #26 of 429
Based on that interview with George, I wouldn't be surprised if it was to some degree.  I'm waiting on a PONO/balanced owner on the PONO thread to verify the playback time.  In theory, I would surmise the time would be cut in half, and that may be a show stopper for me.

At 399 it is not that unrealistically priced. It is much better value than all of AK daps (and sonys).

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #27 of 429
If it was priced at $299, I would be more inclined to buy it.  I didn't buy into the kickstarter project because I don't jive with its business model of luring in buyers with hardware on the front end, only to make the bigger bucks on the backend with the PONO music store - Apple did it and so has every wireless cellular company in the world.

Apologies for my digression.

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #28 of 429
My EM5813s are nice, but finicky in regards to placement.  If they're not perfectly placed in my ears, I lose a lot of the tonal balance.  Overall I like them, but it would be nice if the A8s were a bit less touchy when it comes to placement. 

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #29 of 429
Still no news on these...bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back