car-fi
Feb 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #946 of 1,421
Hell yeah man, that thing is sick. I've always wanted an RS. Have you driven the turbos of that era? I haven't, but know of how notoriously wild they were to drive and how they'd bit you in the ass rounding a corner if you didn't know exactly what you were doing. Don't exactly want to try to induce understeer in one of those things if I understand correctly because once it starts going around, it aint comin' back!

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #947 of 1,421
Quote:

Oh hey I have one of those
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #955 of 1,421
I wanted to post more recent pictures.. but seeing as I'm at work.. and haven't done much to the car externally anyway.. Figured I could I pull these off my old cardomain.

Only cosmetic difference between the first two is I now use a 99'spec front lip and 15% tint.

But these pics are like 3-4 years old.. even so.. not much has changed outside.. =)

edit: shoutouts to Frankie for the nice ride bro.. I'd probably get smashed.. at least until my next upgrade comes in a few months >=)

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #956 of 1,421
Here's my GTI.  

Just swapped in an Öhlins suspension recently.  The car has a limited slip differential and almost everything I could throw at it for even better handling.  The handling is excellent for a front wheel drive.

Will be at 300+hp and 350 torque later.  More power to come!

Winter Mode

In the Parking Garage

Twin air intake

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #958 of 1,421
Quote:
What sort of tune did you have done? APR?

Looks beautiful! What kind/specs are the rims?

Cam @ Pettit Racing in West Palm Beach tuned it.. 

I don't have any performance numbers since it's more tuned for reliability (drive it very often, and I no longer street race with 6 speeding tickets under my belt lol) so it's close to stock.. 

BUT.. It does still have M2 perf downpipe, Blitz intake, Blitz exhaust, Blitz BOV, Racing Beat springs, Pettit SMIC (that cracked, now have stock modded intercooler in place)

Rims.. I got for free (ashamed to say hehe) but they're Edge Engineering - Touring 19" ..from what I remember they're 255/35/19 rears and 235/35/19 in front. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #959 of 1,421
Quote:
What sort of tune did you have done? APR?

Looks beautiful! What kind/specs are the rims?

Yep, I have an APR stage 1 tune on it.  Power mods include a Forge Twintake Intake, a Forge Twintercooler, and the APR Stage 1 only.  I am saving up for a bigger turbo to get 300+hp and 300+ torque.

Some suspensions mods include: Custom Ohlins DFV coilovers (basically mechanically adaptive suspension), camber plates, Wavetrac limited slip differential., and small H&R swaybars front and rear.

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #960 of 1,421
Quote:

Cam @ Pettit Racing in West Palm Beach tuned it.. 

I don't have any performance numbers since it's more tuned for reliability (drive it very often, and I no longer street race with 6 speeding tickets under my belt lol) so it's close to stock.. 

BUT.. It does still have M2 perf downpipe, Blitz intake, Blitz exhaust, Blitz BOV, Racing Beat springs, Pettit SMIC (that cracked, now have stock modded intercooler in place)

Rims.. I got for free (ashamed to say hehe) but they're Edge Engineering - Touring 19" ..from what I remember they're 255/35/19 rears and 235/35/19 in front. 

What spring rate are you running?  19" rims with 35 series tires usually gives a jarring ride.  I would run 19" on mine too if it wasn't because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back