car-fi
Dec 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #918 of 1,421
Looks like a M5 to me.  E39.  E46 is a 3 Series.

Dec 1, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #919 of 1,421
E39 M5

Not easy to arrange this kind of purchase while I'm using extremely spotty satellite internet and no phone service in the middle of the Saudi Arabian desert about 30 km from Iraq (no, not military). Hopefully it will all come together so I can surprise my father on Christmas :)

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #922 of 1,421
Finally some snow on the West Coast. Been driving the hell out of my Scooby since ytd and hasn't let me down... more than once 
biggrin.gif

Even if you have AWD, it doesn't really create an advantage over other cars without AWD while braking. Engine braking, yes, just simple braking, no. Snow Tires> all

I wish I could've videotaped my car hooning in covered parking lots 
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #924 of 1,421
My car in high school

My car now (picture is about 2 years old so lots of changes to it).

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #925 of 1,421

New insanity. Actually it's very tame (too tame?), no insanity about it. Here's a question, do you want a supercar to be so; reliable, driveable, efficient (I'm getting ~24MPG while puttering around at posted speeds), and well-mannered? I've been chatting back and forth with Chris Harris (one of the Drive reviewers), and I'm not sure. What I can say is, from an engineering perspective, it's unmatched. Plus, it's a lot of fun with TC off. :D

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #926 of 1,421
I don't want that kind of car to be tame at all. I want it to scare me every time I drive it and there isn't an unmodified super car out there that can do that for me (though I've only driven a few... I'm just extrapolating here). I imagine the konigsegg Agera r might fit the bill, but I guess they consider that a "hyper car." Now driving around a track at speed is a different t story. Driving the 458, it became clear quickly that it was too much car for my skill level and could have bitten me in the ass a few times if it weren't for the stability control system.

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #927 of 1,421
Quote:

New insanity. Actually it's very tame (too tame?), no insanity about it. Here's a question, do you want a supercar to be so; reliable, driveable, efficient (I'm getting ~24MPG while puttering around at posted speeds), and well-mannered? I've been chatting back and forth with Chris Harris (one of the Drive reviewers), and I'm not sure. What I can say is, from an engineering perspective, it's unmatched. Plus, it's a lot of fun with TC off.
biggrin.gif

Hahaha talking to THE Chris Harris. Who's next? Clarkson? Be sure to avoid James May. One day... Maybe I'll buy one second hand 
biggrin.gif
 I still have a looong way to go in my life.

Who's pumped for another season of Top Gear? I certainly am!

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #928 of 1,421
Actually... I do talk with Mr May, we Tweet back and forth a lot. :xf_eek: He's the one who talked me into the 12C, and he recently bought one himself. I talked before about how tame it is, but that was before I went to the track with it. Now I want to recant what I said before, it's properly crazy when you turn it loose. Barking mad, really.

Edit: Yeah, TG is a staple for me, like eating and breathing.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #929 of 1,421
Top Gear is back!

Anyone else get wood watching the Huayra piece? Dear God... :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back