car-fi
Jun 26, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #301 of 1,421

Quote:
Very nice, even though I'm a hardcore Impreza STi fanboy 
biggrin.gif

The household workhorse is a 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R LTD (my fourth Sub wagon), but Evos spank STI butts. :))

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #304 of 1,421
Aug 5, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #305 of 1,421
So I got a call from a friend at Lexus.  Apparently my new car had arrived.  
tongue_smile.gif
  J/K  
wink_face.gif

Btw, it takes 8-12 hours to prep for delivery.

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #306 of 1,421
Also have an '09 WRX. Stuck an Eclipse AVN4430 navigation/headunit in there and installation was fairly painless as far as these things go. Subaru has an OEM double DIN radio bezel and the aftermarket fit kits work pretty well. Going for anything above mediocre SQ is a bit pointless though. Too much cabin noise.

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #307 of 1,421

Quote:
Also have an '09 WRX. Stuck an Eclipse AVN4430 navigation/headunit in there and installation was fairly painless as far as these things go. Subaru has an OEM double DIN radio bezel and the aftermarket fit kits work pretty well. Going for anything above mediocre SQ is a bit pointless though. Too much cabin noise.

Eclipse is gone.  Only OEM now.  They've left the aftermarket.  
frown.gif
  You can fix cabin noise btw.  I have a friend w/ a PoS Lancer completely smothered in Dynamat, etc.  Choice of tires is huge too.  My Legacy has a drag coefficient of .30 which contributes to it's Lexus quiet.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #309 of 1,421
i got my 599 gto saturday. honestly, i am scared of it! i probably just do not have enough skill to pilot this thing. i mean you can be going 35 touch it a little and it is already sideways. don't feel sorry for me though lol. i did this to myself.

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #310 of 1,421

Quote:
i got my 599 gto saturday. honestly, i am scared of it! i probably just do not have enough skill to pilot this thing. i mean you can be going 35 touch it a little and it is already sideways. don't feel sorry for me though lol. i did this to myself.

Gratz, nice car!  

Does your 599 have E-diff?  Verify traction control is enabled.  It is a FR GT car unlike a corner carving 458.  Maybe you're just not used to more precise throttle modulation and instant response?

Use those Brembos to late brake and go fast in and slow out, throttle when you get pointed safely till you get a better feel for it.  

(This is why I shake my head at people that think a ZR1 is streetable w/ all that torque going to the back wheels.)

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #312 of 1,421
anaxilus, i am getting used to it. you are right. you cannot hit it until it is pointed straight and it is touchy. when i had the diablo 6.0 i had to floor it before it really came on. the 599 you can give the pedal like a 1/4" and it is going. i am not senna or csaba csere for that matter by any means. i just will probably never be able to really push it. even in a straight line it will break the wheels loose before i even realize it. it is not really a road car. i'd hate to try the actual track car it is made after. i envy those that have that kind of skill.

btw, that lexus looks amazing. i kind of wish i got that lol. it is the first time i saw under it.

astro, yeah probably the 3. especially the speed one.

Nov 18, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #313 of 1,421
That is a nice problem to have my friend. Please please please post some pictures when you get the chance!

Nov 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #315 of 1,421

Quote:

I'm a black rim fan for sure on most of my cars.  Looks great and hides brake dust.  That would be perfect for short jaunts down to the grocery store!  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back