car-fi
Oct 12, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #47 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice MGB there, CrazyRay. I've had a couple of MGs, a 1972 Midget (round wheel arches, lovely thing), and a 1976 MGB GT. Neither in as good condition as yours though! Ironically, the British weather means that many of the better examples are elsewhere in the world.

664026651_eYfrP-L.jpg

[/IMG]

Thanks for the compliment pedalhead!
Nice looking Alfa you got there!!!

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #48 of 1,421
My 2001 Land Rover Discovery II, love it to death. Offroading in it is a blast. An expensive hobby, but I love it.

DSC_2075s-1.jpg

DSC_1910.jpg

DSC_2348.jpg

Before that, the last vehicle I owned was a 1998 Mitsubishi 3000 GT, sadly it was totaled, thanks to idiots on the road.

131_3106.jpg

140_4003b.jpg

Oct 18, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #50 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm gonna ask -- How does that MR-S handle, petalhead?

Well, petalhead is probably a good name for my wife
wink.gif
. Anyway, the MR2 is lowered with TTE springs & handles really flat. It's an absolute blast through the twisty stuff, with predictable oversteer when you want it. I've had it for 4 years, since new, and it's going next month. I'll really miss her, but she's so impractical & I have two kids now, so the Alfa makes a lot more sense. If I had the money I'd keep her, bolt on a turbo & keep her for track days.

Oct 18, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #51 of 1,421
2009 BMW 128i - black

I did own a 1991 BRG Miata. I had even installed a supercharger. It was a blast, but once the third kid was born, I needed more space.

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #53 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, petalhead is probably a good name for my wife
wink.gif
. Anyway, the MR2 is lowered with TTE springs & handles really flat. It's an absolute blast through the twisty stuff, with predictable oversteer when you want it. I've had it for 4 years, since new, and it's going next month. I'll really miss her, but she's so impractical & I have two kids now, so the Alfa makes a lot more sense. If I had the money I'd keep her, bolt on a turbo & keep her for track days.

Cool, too bad it has to go
frown.gif
(or that it doesn't have three seats)

Oh, I blame late night posting for that critical misspell
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #57 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinjuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 2001 Land Rover Discovery II, love it to death. Offroading in it is a blast. An expensive hobby, but I love it.

DSC_2075s-1.jpg

DSC_1910.jpg

DSC_2348.jpg

Before that, the last vehicle I owned was a 1998 Mitsubishi 3000 GT, sadly it was totaled, thanks to idiots on the road.

131_3106.jpg

140_4003b.jpg

My friend had a mint vr-4 with about 12k origional miles on it, and then one day on the freeway someone merged into his lane without checking the blind spots.
ph34r.gif
Then another friend with a talon tsi got mad because some guy in a porsche just sped by and flipped him off with the top down so he raced the porsche. The porsche cut him off then slammed the break because the car around the corner was doing the speedlimit. Needless to say, my friend lost control and hit a telephone pole at about 70mph. I had a bad feeling and so I stayed back, good thing I did. He was lucky to walk away from the wreck without anything but a bruise or so.

Oct 21, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #59 of 1,421
If I ever get a car that glows underneath like that, you all have my permission to take away my driver's license.

I drive a '98 Civic DX that is unfortunately neither fast nor furious. It's not too bad, but it's only a glimpse of my last car, my '97 Civic LX. That car was in perfect shape, it had all the bells and whistles, ran amazing, then I was driving one day in Christiansburg and it was totaled (by a woman, of course) in a situation I had no control over. It was a sad day because I knew I would never have that car back. The only replacement manual transmission Civic we could find in our area was a '98 Civic DX that was sitting in a guy's yard. As a result, it has some severe sun damage on the roof and the underside's pretty rusted. It runs well, but I really miss having a trunk light, power windows, a button to unlock all of the doors, and many other normal features.

The best feature of these cars is the mileage. My record is 42.6 MPG on the highway. Considering the car's cost ($3700), I believe this is one of the best value used cars on the market in terms of cost to maintain, gas consumption, and initial cost. My only recommendation would be to get the LX and make sure it's in good condition.

If I could have any regular sedan today, I'd probably choose one of the newer Fords or a European car, not a Honda, because man, these new Civics suck compared to the old ones! My grampa's SEL Ford Focus is one of the best manual transmission cars I've ever driven. It runs extremely smooth, has excellent low-end torque, and just absolutely shifts like a dream, plus it's got every bell and whistle you can possibly imagine.

2010-shelby-gt500-mustang-unveiled.jpg

If I could have any sports car today, I'd likely choose the 2010 Shelby Mustang, believe it or not. I think they're really sweet, look and sound awesome, really, I think Dodge, Ford, and Chevrolet all did an excellent job remaking the Challenger, Mustang, and Camaros of old... I like the old muscle cars myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back