car-fi
Dec 12, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #1,096 of 1,421

Shes a keeper, don't ever sell it as you will only regret it
wink_face.gif

Yep, that's a modern classic right there.

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #1,099 of 1,421
Shes a keeper, don't ever sell it as you will only regret it :wink_face:  

She's a DD, and feels as fresh as the day she left the factory. It was already in pretty good condition (only had ~85k miles, I think), but we gave it a complete refresh; hoses, belts, rings, gaskets, clutch, linkage, carpet, dash, touched-up the paint, and did a 1001 other little things. While we were at it we reworked the head, increased stroke, installed a new Borla SS exhaust, and tuned her up to 350bhp, then installed new 5-way CO adj. dampers, larger brakes, 18" BBS wheels, and Michelin PSS rubber. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things... but anyhow, she's now the E28 M5 I've always wanted, and goes like the clappers. I can hang with a new stock 911 (non-turbo) all day, and even out-corner/out-brake them, but still looks close to "normal". She's sort of a sleeper, if an M5 can be a sleeper. Most young guys today just see an older Euro sedan and don't pay attention to the small //M badges, and I've dusted quite a few JDM tuners. :D

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #1,100 of 1,421
She's a DD, and feels as fresh as the day she left the factory. It was already in pretty good condition (only had ~85k miles, I think), but we gave it a complete refresh; hoses, belts, rings, gaskets, clutch, linkage, carpet, dash, touched-up the paint, and did a 1001 other little things. While we were at it we reworked the head, increased stroke, installed a new Borla SS exhaust, and tuned her up to 350bhp, then installed new 5-way CO adj. dampers, larger brakes, 18" BBS wheels, and Michelin PSS rubber. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things... but anyhow, she's now the E28 M5 I've always wanted, and goes like the clappers. I can hang with a new stock 911 (non-turbo) all day, and even out-corner/out-brake them, but still looks close to "normal". She's sort of a sleeper, if an M5 can be a sleeper. Most young guys today just see an older Euro sedan and don't pay attention to the small //M badges, and I've dusted quite a few JDM tuners.
biggrin.gif

Engine rebuild and all, you really are a true petrol head, we are kindred spirits my friend
biggrin.gif

I recently drove an E34 M5 and totally fell in love with it, when its started waggling its tail and making those six cyl noises only a BMW can make i was sold. Want one.

Here is my wagon, i also have a thing for old German sleepers that nobody looks twice at
wink.gif
...kudos if you know what it is.

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #1,101 of 1,421
S2 Avant? Very nice!

I totally dig your M5, Magick Man, those are getting thin on the ground and an immaculate one like yours is just a dream car! I used to have an E46 325Ci until the tranny bit the dust (in the grand scheme of things, it was only a small shot of nitrous, dear service manager! :rolleyes: ) and they tried charging me almost 10k to replace it. That car's in Lebanon now. Far, far away from me. :D

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #1,102 of 1,421
My trip with the others yesterday to Sugarloaf Mt.

http://speconesociety.com/2013/12/22/godzillas-in-sugarloaf-mountain/

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #1,105 of 1,421
Oooh, that's a beautiful FD!

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #1,107 of 1,421
Just got a first car
smily_headphones1.gif
of course everyones first car is not great but i got one for a steal...2005 mazda 3 s hatchback with 150k for 3400$ rides like my dads rx8 ...

Loved both cars, as I used to drive a RX-8.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #1,108 of 1,421
Ooooh, this is a thread for me...my other, much more wallet-draining hobby.

I currently have 2 cars, one a 1995 Nissan 240sx, other a 1992 Nissan 240sx coupe.  Both have extensive mod lists, I could have bought a damn GTR for what I have into these 2 cars...but I wouldn't trade the fun, cuts, and bruises from the builds for anything!  Both have fully built motors, turbo upgrades, suspension and brake upgrades, etc.  Nothing beats taking your car that you built to the track to thrash it about a bit.  I won't have any good pics until I get home from my deployment though.  Here are a couple of old ones for the time being:

The 1995 and motor build:

The 1992 and motor build:

Old Mercedes-Benz E320 I sold when I went back to school:

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #1,109 of 1,421
Here's my little beastie.

It's a JDM 1975 Toyota Celica RA25 GT2000 with 42,000kms on the clock. Completely original except for the Pasco-Fame Bilbo rims. Still needs a few finishing touches done (lowering slightly, tune etc) but it's almost there :)

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #1,110 of 1,421
  Here's my little beastie.

It's a JDM 1975 Toyota Celica RA25 GT2000 with 42,000kms on the clock. Completely original except for the Pasco-Fame Bilbo rims. Still needs a few finishing touches done (lowering slightly, tune etc) but it's almost there :)

Clean!  I like the classic JDM cars.  I would love a 1969 Skyline GT-R Hakosuka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back