car-fi
Jul 27, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #1,066 of 1,421
Quote:

Man i cant wait for this to come out. 460hp,465lb.ft, 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, 1.08g cornering for 52000$ is unheard of in a factory car. Already watched road tests on youtube. Must see more
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

The only problem is that it has to be even more cheaply made than the last vette to meet that price point. I'm not saying it isn't going to be an incredibly awesome track car (I've driven them there, and there is no denying it)... but its still just so undeniably GM :/ Great value for someone who just wants the performance though!

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #1,067 of 1,421
The only problem is that it has to be even more cheaply made than the last vette to meet that price point. I'm not saying it isn't going to be an incredibly awesome track car (I've driven them there, and there is no denying it)... but its still just so undeniably GM :/ Great value for someone who just wants the performance though!

Nope, it breaks the trend. The amount of value they're squeezing into the thing is shocking, I'm serious.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NjYGtxClsM[/VIDEO]

The Z06 is going to be a monster.

Aug 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #1,070 of 1,421
^^^Nice Ive been thinking about getting an E30 (any I6 stick would do) and just gutting it as much as possible except for AC of course I live in Vegas. What did you do to yours, S52 maybe? 

Aug 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #1,071 of 1,421
Quote:
^^^Nice Ive been thinking about getting an E30 (any I6 stick would do) and just gutting it as much as possible except for AC of course I live in Vegas. What did you do to yours, S52 maybe? 

Built M50 non vanos. AC is not an issue. I lived in Texas so I had AC. Just buy a new/refurb compressor, have a hydrolic place or a quality AC place make custom lines. Only real problem is the expansion valve is a bitch to replace and you need to be careful about orings. My buddy did an excellent write up on e30tech about it. 

Actually if you are interested in building an e30 you may want to look at my build thread

Aug 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #1,072 of 1,421
Whoa, Ive gone through a few pages just looking at the pics. Very cool. Ill read through it thoroughly eventually. E30s are pretty cheap in California and I all I want to do is have a fun stripped down go cart type thing... and a cheaper much newer 510 alternative.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #1,073 of 1,421
Quote:
Whoa, Ive gone through a few pages just looking at the pics. Very cool. Ill read through it thoroughly eventually. E30s are pretty cheap in California and I all I want to do is have a fun stripped down go cart type thing... and a cheaper much newer 510 alternative.

Its a full ground up build. Enjoy.!

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #1,074 of 1,421
I did my first rallycross in the SVX!  I drove +85 miles just to rally.  The one next week is much closer.  This car has crap MPG, so I won't be going that far again just to race.

Overall a good weekend.  Didn't hit anything both days.  Very good start for a first try.
Now I have to finish up working on the engine and get rid of more weight.  I drove this car so hard haha, and it survived!  Power steering was fixed temporarily before I went with Lucas stop leak , but as soon as I went racing, it started leaking again.  Had to fill it up every once in a while.  No check engine light the whole weekend, so that's good.

A bunch of people commented and came to look at my car.
"That's the dirtiest one I've ever seen"
"You are very brave for racing that"
"Is that an SVX?  Looks like an SVX"
"You are running in the modified class?  What have you done?"
Air freshener, oh and I stripped the interior.

There were people taking pics of my dirty car on the highway.  I could tell some people knew what it was and were going the same speed as me looking over.  A Corvette tried to race me on the highway T^T....I would have lost for sure.

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #1,078 of 1,421
I have a thing for 4-seater hardtop convertibles. Looking forward to the BMW 4 series cabriolet when it comes out. And of course the elusive Fisker Karma Sunset... will we ever see one?

I was lucky and saw a Fisker Karma in Pittsburgh out of all places...

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #1,080 of 1,421
A neighbor of mine bought a new Aston Rapide and I simply shook my head, I'll bet the thing depreciated $40k when he drove it off the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back