car-fi
Oct 28, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #796 of 1,421
Upon further reading it looks like Subaru did design the chassis. That's my bad, I asked the coworker who owners it why they didn't make it awd and that's what he told me. Just figured he'd know since he did research before he bought it but I guess not :rolleyes:

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #797 of 1,421
Either way, I think it wouldn't hit the same goals as it did with the current car if they decided to make an AWD version. Besides, this car is "based" on the original AE86 corolla and I think it hit a lot of the positive aspects of the original car. TBH, after a test-drive of the FR-S, I still felt my original AE86 Corolla felt much, much more exciting than this new car, but that is to be expected as safety wasn't really a priority back then. Still a great car and I will certainly buy one... Eventually

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #799 of 1,421
Quote:
Any pics of the ae86? I almost picked one up a little while back as a project but decided to go a different direction.

No unfortunately. I only had the AE86 for a few months during highschool as a learners car. I REALLY don't understand why I didn't take any pics of it on another camera... I took pics of it on my Sony C902 camera, but someone stole that and now I have an iPhone. High school kids logic 
tongue.gif
. Now I'm older and wiser! Now I'm driving a '00 Legacy GT that I just went snow hunting last week in around the famous Vancouver Ski Mountains. I can gladly provide some juicy pictures of that.

EDIT: oops, my plate numbers are showing... Meh, I'm not doing anything illegal

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #800 of 1,421
No unfortunately. I only had the AE86 for a few months during highschool as a learners car. I REALLY don't understand why I didn't take any pics of it on another camera... I took pics of it on my Sony C902 camera, but someone stole that and now I have an iPhone. High school kids logic :p . Now I'm older and wiser! Now I'm driving a '00 Legacy GT that I just went snow hunting last week in around the famous Vancouver Ski Mountains. I can gladly provide some juicy pictures of that.

You should upgrade your headlights and fog lights to HID 6000k. They would look awesome on your car.

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #801 of 1,421
Quote:
You should upgrade your headlights and fog lights to HID 6000k. They would look awesome on your car.

You can't see it properly through my iphone camera and angle, but I do have PIAA yellow fogs. I was thinking of getting HID for the low-beam, but never made the initiative... Maybe I should because it's close to winter now 
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #802 of 1,421
Quote:

No unfortunately. I only had the AE86 for a few months during highschool as a learners car. I REALLY don't understand why I didn't take any pics of it on another camera... I took pics of it on my Sony C902 camera, but someone stole that and now I have an iPhone. High school kids logic 
tongue.gif
. Now I'm older and wiser! Now I'm driving a '00 Legacy GT that I just went snow hunting last week in around the famous Vancouver Ski Mountains. I can gladly provide some juicy pictures of that.

Nice pic's. Subaru's are solid and have that nice combination of fun and class. If I lived in the mountains I would definitely have one.

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #803 of 1,421
Quote:
Nice pic's. Subaru's are solid and have that nice combination of fun and class. If I lived in the mountains I would definitely have one.

Thanks, they are fun little machines, especially in the snow and rain! Controllable Oversteer in slippery conditions, safe Understeer in dry. I live on a mountain and I the famous West Coast mountains so... Yea it's nice to have the extra grip

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #804 of 1,421
Don't even think about installing HIDs unless you get proyector headlights. Coming from an HID user (previous owner had them installed and i've been too lazy to go back to stock or upgrade the headlights).

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #806 of 1,421
Quote:

tongue.gif

Your license plate says SWAG!!!

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #808 of 1,421
I think he means "projector" which is a type of headlight housing which uses a lens rather than a reflector to channel light. HIDs were never made to be used in reflector housings and blind oncoming traffic as a result. Projectors have the correct cutoff for HID lights and are therefore safer and not illegal unlike the alternative.

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #809 of 1,421
Quote:
I think he means "projector" which is a type of headlight housing which uses a lens rather than a reflector to channel light. HIDs were never made to be used in reflector housings and blind oncoming traffic as a result. Projectors have the correct cutoff for HID lights and are therefore safer and not illegal unlike the alternative.

I don't know about the rules and laws in your area, but where I live HIDs are perfectly legal, projector or no projector. And it's stupid to get "projectors" for my car. Gotta keep it OEM/JDM, none of the aftermarket-philia crap. I was going to get Phillips HID kit, maybe 7000k? But with that said, I know that over a certain "k" is illegal.

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #810 of 1,421
I'm not sure if you are being serious (especially on that bolded part since putting in the HIDs would be "aftermarket-philia crap") but if you run 7000K HIDs with no projectors that's boarding on what I would consider rice-tastic. You are gonna be blinding anyone in front of you with a wall of purplish glare that is not focused in anyway. And in the US (west coast at least) running that system would not necessarily get you pulled over but if you do get pulled over for another violation they will tack on a Fix-It ticket as well (you can have HIDs but they MUST be adaptable/adjustable and have a projector.
Quote:

I don't know about the rules and laws in your area, but where I live HIDs are perfectly legal, projector or no projector. And it's stupid to get "projectors" for my car. Gotta keep it OEM/JDM, none of the aftermarket-philia crap. I was going to get Phillips HID kit, maybe 7000k? But with that said, I know that over a certain "k" is illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back