Audeze LCD-3 2 X WA7
Audeze LCD-2 WA6
Sennheisser HD800 WA6-SE
Beyerdynamic T1 WA22
Beyerdynamic T70 WES
Hifiman HE-500 2 X WDS-1
AKG K701 WTP-1
Stax SR-007 MK2

Great news!  That looks like a solid lineup.

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #18 of 33
Anyone planning on going? I may go on Sunday....looks to be an all weekend event.

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #20 of 33
I was considering it, but I neglected to put in for leave so I likely won't be. Still might bend some rules and take off half of Friday to hit it. Love Silver Spring, love audio...

Jul 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #21 of 33
Just got home from the Audio Fest. I highly recommend attending. For the headphone minded - Stereodesk is there with a bevy of amps + portable players to try out. Woo Audio is also there with what seems like their entire lineup.

The Legacy Audio and Volti Audio rooms sounded especially good (to my ears). I didn't get to check out the Deja Vu or The Voice That Is rooms, but I might head back tomorrow. It's really too big to take in a day unless you really bolt in and out of the rooms.

The presentation given by[size=small] [/size]Tom Perazella on what to look for in speakers and digital eq was really informative and engaging - luckily I stumbled across it not too long after it started. I meant to leave after about 15 minutes but decided to sit through the entire talk (about 1 hour).

It's my first time attending a show like this, but I had a lot of fun and met some cool people and listened to some nice sounding setups.

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #23 of 33
I will be there tomorrow and I might go on sunday as well considering what Yage has mentioned. 

@ Capitol Audio fest: Dillon beat me with a wooden spoon for calling the 12bh7 a 12ax7 and tried to give me a crash course in tubes, so hopefully I will not make a fool of myself again 
size]

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #24 of 33
Sounds cool. I really enjoyed the headfi meet  in N.VA in May.

Is it fair to assume all the vendors will be there through Sunday?

Much Thanks!

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #25 of 33
Entrance fee is $20 for the entire weekend. For some pictures / previews, take a look at this blog:

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #28 of 33
question to guys who already attended, are you taking along your rig as we normally do on VA meets?

Jul 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #29 of 33
Nope - no need. First there's nobody that can guarantee security and second there's a lot of gear already there for audition that covers the gamut.

Jul 27, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:
question to guys who already attended, are you taking along your rig as we normally do on VA meets?

I agree and disagree with Yage. 

If you have a dac or amp.....leave it at home. 

However, it would not be the end of the world if you brought your headphones. I was able to test some woo audio amps with my own HD600s that they themselves did not have on display. So if you are planning on upgrading your gear anytime soon, I would say that it would not be a bad idea to bring headphones. However, be prepared to leave them in the car. 

Also, bring CDs and Vinyl. A lot of rooms will let you play your own music to test their stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back