Can't Remove the Cable from my K702's
Oct 30, 2012 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

samwell7

Head-Fier
Hey!

I've had my AKG K702's a while now and have taken the stock cable out a few times, although I tried to to take it out before and it just. will. not. come. out.

I've pushed the little button right down and tried to pull it out hard and nothing happens, I've tried to pull it like really hard.
I'm scared to try and pull it any harder, is this a common problem? Should I just pull them until they come out?

I don't need the cable out right now, but I'm thinking of upgrading them soon (does it make any difference? any recommendations?)

Thanks for your time

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 13
When you try to pull out the connector, you may also try to wobble a little. I was pretty surprised to, when I installed the cable on my Q701, the fit is pretty tight, so, just wonder if this may be the issue.

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:
When you try to pull out the connector, you may also try to wobble a little. I was pretty surprised to, when I installed the cable on my Q701, the fit is pretty tight, so, just wonder if this may be the issue.

Thanks for the reply!

after five or so minutes of wobbling I eventually got it out haha had to sort of hold the headphones under my left arm with the cable pointing up and pull with my right thumb and side-of-forefinger.

Did you upgrade the cables on your Q701?

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #4 of 13
Well, it must be the tight fit issue then.

No, not yet, but I have one Mogami coming, all together with K702. Maybe I will buy some other in the future, one step at the time...

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:
Well, it must be the tight fit issue then.

No, not yet, but I have one Mogami coming, all together with K702. Maybe I will buy some other in the future, one step at the time...

Cool!

I've been considering Mogami stuff aswell,

thanks for your help!

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #6 of 13
Oct 30, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 13
i had the Q701s and that exact problem happened to me. you have to be very careful and maybe just dont remove it once its in cause i broke mine trying to take it out. the cable was still stuck but the cable connector piece ripped off. that was my first headphone and i didnt know you had to be extra gentle with expensive headphones back then.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:
i had the Q701s and that exact problem happened to me. you have to be very careful and maybe just dont remove it once its in cause i broke mine trying to take it out. the cable was still stuck but the cable connector piece ripped off. that was my first headphone and i didnt know you had to be extra gentle with expensive headphones back then.

Whoa! did you end up getting them fixed?
I'm just gonna leave mine in until I decide to upgrade cables (If I'm gonna upgrade that is)

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #9 of 13
 Are you talking about stock or custom made cable?

I tried on my Q701 stock cable and seems that it works fluently

Quote:

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
Whoa! did you end up getting them fixed?
I'm just gonna leave mine in until I decide to upgrade cables (If I'm gonna upgrade that is)

i bought them from amazon so i just returned them and got my money back. I think leaving the stock cables in until you get an upgraded cable is a good idea cause my stock cable would always have a hard time getting off so i thought that was normal and then a few times later it broke. which made me sad cause i didnt even get to try out the Q701s. only a couple of hours. which made me sad cause thats my first headphone i bought. I thought it was just my headphone that had this problem. it's good to know other people have this problem too so we can warn them that you have to be very careful with the stock cables.

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #13 of 13
i bought them from amazon so i just returned them and got my money back. I think leaving the stock cables in until you get an upgraded cable is a good idea cause my stock cable would always have a hard time getting off so i thought that was normal and then a few times later it broke. which made me sad cause i didnt even get to try out the Q701s. only a couple of hours. which made me sad cause thats my first headphone i bought. I thought it was just my headphone that had this problem. it's good to know other people have this problem too so we can warn them that you have to be very careful with the stock cables.

It probably is quite common but most people just ignore it or see it as normal,
I won't be taking the stock one out until I get a new cable! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back