Can't decide on sound card.
Aug 9, 2012 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

NinjaSushi2

100+ Head-Fier
Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
Creative Reacon3D Fatal1ty
Asus Xonar ST or STX.

I need an all around card. Music and games mostly but maybe movies after I get more monitors.

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 70
Quote:
Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
Creative Reacon3D Fatal1ty
Asus Xonar ST or STX.

I need an all around card. Music and games mostly but maybe movies after I get more monitors.

Asus Xonar Essence ST/STX has the best combo for a good DAC and a good headphone amplifier.

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 70
Well I have separate amps, etc. I'm looking for superb sound quality, good hardware and software usage as well. I was thinking creative because most of the games I play run creative sound blaster and from what I've read Steam runs creative software.

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 70
The Recon doesn't belong with those other cards.  The TitanHD has a good DAC and the ST(X) has a great DAC and amp if you need it.  Many use it with an external headphones amplifier also.

If you are a gamer, the CL card might be the better card but that is only if your games use features available on the card.  If not, the card with the best sound quality wins.
The TitanHD, STX or ST would all offer you excellent audio no matter what you are doing.

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 70
Quote:
stay away form newer Creative cards. out of the 3, go with the Xonar
you may what to look into omega sound cards
smily_headphones1.gif

Only if by "newer Creative cards", you mean the Recon3D line.

The X-Fi Titanium HD is an overall competent card, unlike most Creative efforts. Call me lucky, but I have no major problems with the drivers.

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 70
I play a lot of total war games and other games that run CL software technology. I also have my own amp for headphones and a set of 2.1 speakers for music, etc. I am not worried about digital to analog, etc. I honestly want a good card that will make my gaming experience amazing. I only use the audio on my pc for games and music/youtube videos. I use my TVs for everything else. 

BTW This MSI Realtek (Realcrap is more like it) is erking the hell out of me. Horrible software they designed. As soon as I change a source is freezes and I have to reload the program every time.

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #9 of 70
Quote:
I play a lot of total war games and other games that run CL software technology. I also have my own amp for headphones and a set of 2.1 speakers for music, etc. I am not worried about digital to analog, etc. I honestly want a good card that will make my gaming experience amazing. I only use the audio on my pc for games and music/youtube videos. I use my TVs for everything else. 

BTW This MSI Realtek (Realcrap is more like it) is erking the hell out of me. Horrible software they designed. As soon as I change a source is freezes and I have to reload the program every time.

You could always get a used/refurb Creative Titanium (non-HD) for around $50 and just plug your O2 headphone amplifier into the Titanium (non-HD).

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #10 of 70
Quote:
You could always get a used/refurb Creative Titanium (non-HD) for around $50 and just plug your O2 headphone amplifier into the Titanium (non-HD).

Tru-dat homie. Oh spread the word. I make custom God rigs but will also do any kind of custom PC. ^^
Yeah I know tons about gaming PCs but no almost NOTHING about audio. Which is ironic considering my dad is an Audio Engineer.. LOL! Yeah I just want some decent sound quality for my games. I realize I play more RPG and RTS on the PC more than anything else. I use my xbox or PS for fps because it seems more competitive. But now playstation screwed everyone over by making a compatible "FPS" mouse for the PS3. Obv mouse>controller at FPS. *Off topic*

So how do you rate the recon compared to the HD? I noticed the HD has RCA ports which I know are for "real" audio?... I guess. I don't have anything that requires RCA connection. 3.5mm and 2.5mm jacks besides my Q701 which rock that 6.3 or w/e it is.

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #11 of 70
Quote:
Tru-dat homie. Oh spread the word. I make custom God rigs but will also do any kind of custom PC. ^^
Yeah I know tons about gaming PCs but no almost NOTHING about audio. Which is ironic considering my dad is an Audio Engineer.. LOL! Yeah I just want some decent sound quality for my games. I realize I play more RPG and RTS on the PC more than anything else. I use my xbox or PS for fps because it seems more competitive. But now playstation screwed everyone over by making a compatible "FPS" mouse for the PS3. Obv mouse>controller at FPS. *Off topic*

So how do you rate the recon compared to the HD? I noticed the HD has RCA ports which I know are for "real" audio?... I guess. I don't have anything that requires RCA connection. 3.5mm and 2.5mm jacks besides my Q701 which rock that 6.3 or w/e it is.

The TiHD (Titanium HD) is a better card then the Recon3Ds, but the TiHD is also twice the price.
With the TiHD, you can connect the O2 to the TiHD's RCA output and still get surround sound for your headphones.

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #12 of 70
Aug 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #13 of 70
Aug 10, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #14 of 70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back