Can't decide between NuForce NE-700 and Munitio nine millimeters
Feb 9, 2011 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DrGroove

100+ Head-Fier
I have a few pairs of MEE earphones and like them for the most part. The extreme bass on the M9 and good isolation makes them my 'walking around' phones. I decided to try a pair of balanced arm earphones so I picked up Ety hf5's on a deal, which were FAR too analytical and dry for my tastes. Ended up selling those to a friends who listens to different stuff. 

Basically I want a higher end version of the M9. The M9 has recessed mids and the bass bleeds too much. The Munitios seem like they have great build quality, while the nuforce might have a better overall signature? I listen to a lot of dubstep, DnB, and rap, which really is where I think the Munitios would shine. However, would indie rock or jazz still be tolerable?

Munitios are $105 vs NE-700 at $65

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 2
I am very happy with the Munitio's for all those types of music.... rap, dubstep, etc. sound wicked because of the huge bass and warm, smooth sound signature.

I also think jazz is nice because you really feel the upright bass... in general, I am a fan of warm, bassy sound with acoustic types of music, it gives it that full sound like you are in the room with the musicians.

Indie rock (and rock in general) is IMHO the Munitio's biggest weak point, because the huge bass (which does bleed up into the mids) and "thick" sound can become congested when the action is hot, a bunch of layered guitars / drums / vocals etc. can get a bit mushy.  For example, I love the Pixies, White Stripes, Raconteurs, etc. and the un-EQ'd sound is a bit "thick".   I think rock in general sounds better with more of a "V" shape to clear up the bass and treble, so if you are listening on an iPod/iPhone the "Treble Booster" EQ setting cleans it right up.  It's a bit of misnomer.. the "treble boost' to my ears actually scoops out the mids, but it really lifts the sound on that kind of music...

That's a nice price you found on them BTW!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back