Cans that sound and rumble like Sony MH1C??
Dec 31, 2012 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sofastreamer

Headphoneus Supremus
i love the sound of the sony mh1 but do not like iem any more, so i am on a journey right now. i tried a lot of cans that are recommended as bassheavy, but none rumbles the way the sony does. oh yes, and it should isolate well too. anyone who knows the sonys and can recommend a similar sounding can?

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 9
I haven't gotten my MH1C's yet but, my reference has long been the AKGK701's run out of a Benchmark Dac1 and I'm getting virtually reference quality sound out of my iPHone 5 with the Sennheiser Amperior. If you want to be ROCKED by mobile audio you need to check these out.

P.s. The reason they sound so great out of an iPhone is:
1) very high sensitivity (120db)
2) low 18 ohm impedance
3) rigid aluminum cups that make transients ridiculously clean and results in incredible rhythm.

I initially tried the Amperiors to compare to the Momentums and there is NO CONTEST! 

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 9
bump. i have the mh1c in my ears right now, and none of the cans i know, do produce that sub bass rumble, these little iems deliver. how can that be? there must be some on ear out there, with similar capabilitys...at least i hope so

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #6 of 9
Well, considering only cans that I've tried/owned, I have to say that the Ultrasone Pro 900 make the MH1 sound bass-shy in comparison LOL. They also have a fairly big soundstage. The sound signature is quite different though, the Ultrasones having somewhat recessed mids and shrill highs.

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Maybe the CAL!, warm sounding and similar bass

+1

Owning both cal! and mh1c and can confirm these sounding similar with cal! to my ears being a bit sibilant and going a bit lower in subbass but also having a bit less bass overall(or is it just an impression I get due to construction difference). Dont get me wrong, CAL! have loads of bass.
I like MH1Cs mids better. CAL! dont isolate very well as for a closed can.
Even if its comparing apples with oranges these are in my opinion definitely worth checking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back