Cans for the office (need some comparisons)
Jul 10, 2010 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

redvving19

New Head-Fier
For the last few years I've used a set of Koss KSC75 at work and every once in a while bringing in my Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10.  The UE arent convenient and Im ready for something other than the KSC75 with a little less sound leakage.

I searched around for the forum for a $100 set and read about Alessandro ms-1,Denon AHD1001K and Audio Technica AD700.  Hopefully any of these three will leak less and sound better but where would they fit in between the KCS75 and UE?  Was leaning towards the Denon but they are going for $150 right now, AD700 seems a bit boring and the ms-1 might have a sound leak concern.

Jul 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 6
Are you going to be listening to music? If so Ad700's are not the best, I would go with Audio Technica M50's. Also I love my Alessandro's but they leak like crazy since they are a open pair of headphones.

Also Denons need a amp so I would not choose that unless you have $$$ for a good amp.

Jul 10, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
These will be used for music(ipod/desktop soundcard).  I had read that the denon's didnt need an amp to sound good, the M50's I'll also have to consider

They won't sound nearly as good without a amp, even then I think the ATH-M50's are a more favorable pair. If you are ever looking for home listening headphones you will love the Alessandro MS1i's, my new favorite headphone. (Alessandro MS1>Audio Technica M50's>Denon AHD1001K>Shure 440's>Apple Stock Headphones)

Jul 10, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
They won't sound nearly as good without a amp, even then I think the ATH-M50's are a more favorable pair. If you are ever looking for home listening headphones you will love the Alessandro MS1i's, my new favorite headphone. (Alessandro MS1>Audio Technica M50's>Denon AHD1001K>Shure 440's>Apple Stock Headphones)

The m50's it is at work, thanks for the help and I'll have to pick up the ms-1's in the near future

Users who are viewing this thread

Back