Cans for listening to classic prog?
Jul 3, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #31 of 36
Funny you keep saying that. Atticus mids, to my ears, are heavily dependent on getting a good impedance match on your amp. With the wrong impedance, they got recessed in a way I didn't like. With the right impedance, I liked them better than the Eikon.

Anyways, wandered off topic again. Sorry, OP!
Hey no worries! Glad to see my thread gained traction, even if for a different reason

Jul 3, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #32 of 36
I actually made a 50 ohm connector for Hansoteck for this experiment.Balanced to 1/4 “ with two wire wound 50 ohm resistors in the connector .

Jul 4, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #35 of 36
I actually made a 50 ohm connector for Hansoteck for this experiment.Balanced to 1/4 “ with two wire wound 50 ohm resistors in the connector .

The pigtail made a little difference, but the amp made more. So hard to isolate these things... sometimes stuff works, sometimes it doesn’t. I think it’s ultimately like 33% the impedance, 33% tubes, 33% the amp’s sound. Still kind of a mystery. Once I got the Glenn I remembered how much more there was to the Atty’s sound.

Jul 4, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #36 of 36
If you're talking about the thread, I got the He-400S as a "final" recommendation, but any further suggestions are appreciated! Maybe even something for further down the line, like Stillhart recommended

ZMF Auteur with a hard wood like Blackwood would be my first choice for end game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back