Canpur Audio - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 23, 2024 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

ian91

Headphoneus Supremus

Information below from MusicTeck here

Canpur Audio was founded by:
  • Hans JAPM Witjes (Dutch): Professional band drummer in the 80s with over 25 years of live performance and tuning experience and 10 years in foreign trade.
  • Tony Gu (Chinese): 10 years of focus on research, development, and design of professional audio equipment.
Currently, Canpur Audio has the Performance and Joyfull series, two product lines. CP622B and CP54E belong to the Performance series, which is designed for audiophiles and music professionals. The Joyful series is designed with a passion for daily entertainment over critical listening.

Canpur Performance series CP622B​

<6BA+2EST+2BC>

Canpur Audio's parent company has a Sonion-authorized driver testing lab, allowing them early access to the most advanced Sonion drivers. The flagship CP622B takes advantage of that and is equipped with the unique mid-range bone conduction driver: Sonion 37AAX007. This driver provides extraordinary details and a unique tactile timbre to the mid-range. At the same time, they used Sonion 3800 series subwoofer and two types of electrostatic tweeters to ensure a balanced and comprehensive sound.

1700840910866.png
  • Receiver model: Sonion 38D2XJ007Mi-8c/Sonion 28UAP01/Sonion E50DT0005/D/Sonion EST65DB02/Sonion 37AAX007
  • Assembly form: Conduit type
  • Impedance: 10Ω@1khz
  • Sensitivity: 100db@1khz
  • Sound Signature: Neutral reference tuning with a little sub-bass boost. Deep and bouncing bass attacks. Unique tactile mid-range and sweet vocal performance. Huge holographic soundstage and is highly resolving. The frequency response is up to 45kHz.
  • Suggested music genres: All genres.

Canpur Performance series: CP54E

<5BA+4EST>

As the sub-flagship, CP54E (5BA+4EST) was tuned in a different direction to fulfill different audiophile's desires. CP54E provides a deep and punchy bass, natural and colorful mids and highs. The W to mild V-shape tuning makes CP54E a more fun and musical IEM in their line-up.

1700842623770.png
  • Receiver model: Sonion 38D2XJ007Mi-8c/Sonion 2389/Sonion E50DT0005/D/Sonion EST65QB01
  • Assembly form: Conduit type
  • Impedance: 10Ω@1khz
  • Sensitivity: 100db@1khz
  • Sound Signature: W to mild-V shape tuning. Deep sub-bass and punchy mid-bass. Natural and vivid mids and highs. Wide soundstage with a lot of details.
  • Suggested music genres: All genres

Other models within the Performance range from Canpur:

Canpur Audio CPBA7 <7BA>

Canpur Audio CP32E <3BA+2EST>

Canpur Audio CPBA1 <1BA>

Within the Joyfull range:

Canpur Audio Joyfull 1&2 <1DD + 2BA>

Canpur Audio Joyfull 1&1 <1DD + 1BA>

Canpur Audio Joyfull 1 <1DD (10mm PET)>

Jan 23, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #2 of 53
I thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss the brand and the lineup all in one place. I am seeing some positive feedback from friends come in on both the CP54E and the CP32E. I met Hans very briefly at Canjam London and he talked very enthusiastically about his products. I only had a chance to listen to the CP622B but was impressed by the wide staging, great separation, accurate imaging and textured/tactile midrange. I have the CP32E on the way and will share my thoughts when they arrive!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 53
Let's start the party

IMG_20240121_213119.jpgIMG_20240119_023026.jpgIMG_20240123_142549_823.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 53
20240126_184444.jpg

(stock cable not pictured)

This is a super hybrid. Standouts are the excellent bass (best BA bass I have heard yet - this seems to be a recurring theme with Canpur - they know what they're doing!), crisp and exacting treble without being metallic, with excellent EST fine detail and air up top. Vocals are ethereal and full of detail and texture.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #6 of 53
20240126_184444.jpg

This is a super hybrid. Standouts are the excellent bass (best BA bass I have heard yet - this seems to be a recurring theme with Canpur - they know what they're doing!), crisp and exacting treble without being metallic, with excellent EST fine detail and air up top. Vocals are ethereal and full of detail and texture.
Which one is that?

Jan 26, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #7 of 53
Which one is that?

CP32E. Need a few more days with it to know confidently it's strengths/weaknesses but I'm impressed so far.

Jan 27, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #10 of 53
The CP622B is still pure insanity, it's amazing how good it is. I've done a review, link in my signature.
I use it with a Liquid Links Venom which i bought locally for a good price and Sedna Crystal Tips on a RME ADI-2 DAC FS.
I truly think its BC driver implementation does create a tactile feel that you most likely won't get anywhere else.
Extremely highly recommended if you have the funds, and while it's very expensive, it's not Subtonic Storm money (or that UM cashcow sh!tshow that is going on right now).
The only drawback is that my Annihilator gets less time. :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #11 of 53
Currently listening to the 622B... (RS8 > PW Audio First Times Shielding > 622B. Music playing is Lisa Jacobs' Locatelli.

A few impressions:

Sound stage is quite large, easily high end open back dynamic headphone large, which is uncommon in IEMs

On track one (8:30 in) it's so easily to hear her violin in space, just dancing in front of me. The sound engineers did a masterful job.

The imaging is on point. Really excellent, and stands above the Monarch II easily

Bass from the orchestra coming in is well controlled, detailed, and smooth.

Sound stage width is excellent, well outside of my head.

Instrument separation is excellent, and electrostatic like

Coherency is damned close to my notes I had about the Storm. Maybe 85-90%

Treble is airy, but authoritative. Never harsh at all. Never plasticky like I found the Anole VX.

The integration of the BC is so good. It's truly artful how Canpur integrated the BC with the BA bass. <--- This is the 622B's super power

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #14 of 53
622 sounds like perhaps the best set going today.

Probably the best 'value' of the $2k+ TOTL'ers imo...very subjective though.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #15 of 53
Here's my CP32E all dressed up...

_DSC4262.jpg

Canpur CP32E Impressions

Tonality: bright, mid-centric
Standouts:
  • Exceptional BA bass reach with textures galore
  • Vital upper midrange with crystalline vocals and strings
  • Resolution, resolution, resolution
  • Wonderful coherency between BA and EST
  • Benefits hugely from a good amp with low noise floor (didn't think this would be the case with BA/EST)
    • Stage broadens
    • Imaging improves
    • Macrodynamics and note weight increase
  • A case to demonstrate driver count has little to do with performance
Limitations:
  • Still not DD note density (would be interested to hear if the bass/low midrange lift on the CP54E can get us close to this)
  • 8-10kHz enhancement, although tuned with purpose, will not be to all listeners preferences - I love what it adds to note definition
  • Not an all-rounder due to above & tamer bass lift (lifted any further and I think you would lose the natural flare and low midrange balance for instrumental)

Canpur have smashed it out of the park with this 'entry-level' into their Performance series. A very chiseled and resolving sound with the best tonality I have experienced for my jazz / classical etc. It reminds me of the Noble Viking Ragnar in it's upper midrange/low treble definition but avoids the metallic and compressed expression I heard in that case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back