CanOpener?
Jan 16, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #211 of 270
I just paid the hifi pack and I don't hear any difference in terms of quality. How do i toggle the hifi pack? Anyone know how to use it?

Click the settings cog -> sample rate converter. I have dither off because I use IEMs, but the HiFi packs mainly so you can play FLAC songs.

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #212 of 270
But I can already play FLAC files before purchasing the Hifi pack. I did the settings you recommend but it doesn't seem to have any difference. Felt being conned. Sigh. I would rather pay for the pencil equalizer.

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #213 of 270
But I can already play FLAC files before purchasing the Hifi pack. I did the settings you recommend but it doesn't seem to have any difference. Felt being conned. Sigh. I would rather pay for the pencil equalizer.

Tbh I bought them all. The HiFi packs good to take off the dither effect.

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #215 of 270
Also, if you are playing hi-rez files without an external DAC capable of handling them, your device is forced to downsample them.  The hi-fi pack gives the option of using a better sample rate conversion algorithm for this conversion.  Not sure I hear much difference with the hi-fi pack options.  The pencil eq is pretty cool to play with. 

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #217 of 270
It's bizarre Audeze isn't on the list. You're Los Angeles based, they are Los Angeles based... I can't imagine procuring some tester units is more complicated than a simple phone call.

If fact, if you want to PM me your shipping address, I'm confident I can sort that out for you.

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #218 of 270
It's bizarre Audeze isn't on the list. You're Los Angeles based, they are Los Angeles based... I can't imagine procuring some tester units is more complicated than a simple phone call.

If fact, if you want to PM me your shipping address, I'm confident I can sort that out for you.

Good Hertz don't need sample headphones. They work from sensitivity and impedance data in the published specification. You can do the same and create a custom profile.

But:

1. The data is only used to provide you with data about the level of stress you are putting your ears under.
2. I can't imagine ever wanting to drive my LCD-XC phones directly from my iphone or ipad.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #219 of 270
Good Hertz don't need sample headphones. They work from sensitivity and impedance data in the published specification. You can do the same and create a custom profile.

But:

1. The data is only used to provide you with data about the level of stress you are putting your ears under.
2. I can't imagine ever wanting to drive my LCD-XC phones directly from my iphone or ipad.

I kind of look at CanOpener as a toy... Fun to mess about with, but I dunno if I'd actually use it for serious listening. That said, I'd like an Audeze setting, because why not... Get my $2.99's worth, ha ha!

I drive my LCD2.2 with an array of stuff, but I don't think they are horrible directly out of an iPad... Audeze are not terribly hard headphones to drive. Sure, it may not be the apex of performance the cans are capable of, but the sound an Audeze will give you directly out of an iPad is superior to say, an HD650 with a Woo WA3... And that's one of the iconic mid-range setups.

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #220 of 270
Hi,
I connect my iPhone6 and Sony PHA-3 with Camera Connect Kit,
and when I use the other FLAC Player (like Golden Ear, Capriccio, etc),
the Hi-Fs led (means over 96kHz output) in PHA-3 lighted.
But when I player the some Hi-Res file in CanOpener with Hi-Fi pack,
the Hi-Fs led didn't lighted even though toggle off dither opinion or open bypass output.
So how can let the CanOpener send the audio stream at source file sample rate and resolution like the other player?
Thanks

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #221 of 270
  Hi,
I connect my iPhone6 and Sony PHA-3 with Camera Connect Kit,
and when I use the other FLAC Player (like Golden Ear, Capriccio, etc),
the Hi-Fs led (means over 96kHz output) in PHA-3 lighted.
But when I player the some Hi-Res file in CanOpener with Hi-Fi pack,
the Hi-Fs led didn't lighted even though toggle off dither opinion or open bypass output.
So how can let the CanOpener send the audio stream at source file sample rate and resolution like the other player?
Thanks

While I can't test your exact equipment combination, I can confirm I am able to successfuly playback 24/192 native sample rate files with CanOpener, using an iPad 2 (iOS6), the CCK, and an LH Labs GO100 (IEM) DAC/amp. 

The GO100 (IEM) has LEDs for sample rate indication, all sample rates including 176.4 kHz work with my combination, using CanOpener in full Bypass mode.

This also works well using the Onkyo HF Player app.

Maybe the CanOpener app needs an update for iOS8 compatibility? 

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #223 of 270

While I can't test your exact equipment combination, I can confirm I am able to successfuly playback 24/192 native sample rate files with CanOpener, using an iPad 2 (iOS6), the CCK, and an LH Labs GO100 (IEM) DAC/amp. 

The GO100 (IEM) has LEDs for sample rate indication, all sample rates including 176.4 kHz work with my combination, using CanOpener in full Bypass mode.

This also works well using the Onkyo HF Player app.

Maybe the CanOpener app needs an update for iOS8 compatibility? 

Thanks for reply,
I tried some hi-res song which bought on hifitrack.com but the Hi-Fs led also not lighted,
and then I tried the same song in Onkyo HF Player, the led lighted.
So may I ask for your CanOpener settings?

Currently, my setting is:
Sample Rate Converter - Standard
Dither - Yes (Dither Bypassed)
Crossfeed Clipping Prevention - No
Crossfeed Realism - Standard
and with full bypass output mode.

Is there any differences with your settings?
Thanks!

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #225 of 270
Thank you very much for test,
and may I ask for your CanOpener settings?

Currently, my setting is:
Sample Rate Converter - HQ
Dither - Yes (Dither Bypassed)
Crossfeed Clipping Prevention - No
Crossfeed Realism - Most Realistic

Hifi pack, Speaker+ and Pencil EQ installed

Version 1.3

Source files were:

44.1 ALAC - CDs ripped using itunes
48 ALAC - converted from 96K source using dBamp
192 FLAC - purchased from HDTracks

I tried changing my settings to match yours but still could not reproduce your problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back