CanOpener?
Nov 1, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #196 of 270
Please could somebody running iOS 8.1 answer this for me.

On iOS 7.1.2 the Canopener "now playing" screen adopts a different colour according to the album being played. The app. picks up information from the tune's artwork and makes the background show shades of brown / blue / green / grey etc accordingly.

When I put iOS 8 on my iPhone 5 this stopped happening and the colour was always blue.

For various reasons I put 7.1.2 back on my phone but am now considering 8.1.

So could someone tell me whether iOS 8.1 is any better.

Thanks, Ian

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #197 of 270
Please could somebody running iOS 8.1 answer this for me.

On iOS 7.1.2 the Canopener "now playing" screen adopts a different colour according to the album being played. The app. picks up information from the tune's artwork and makes the background show shades of brown / blue / green / grey etc accordingly.

When I put iOS 8 on my phone this stopped happening and the colour was always blue.

For various reasons I put 7.1.2 back on my phone but am now considering 8.1.

So could someone tell me whether iOS 8.1 is any better.

Thanks, Ian

I'm running iOS 8.0 on my iPhone 6 and the colors change according to the album artwork. It seems when it can't find a close enough match, it defaults to blue.

I'm not using iOS 8.1, I'm waiting for the next update.

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #198 of 270
Anyone else having issues with CanOpener on iOS 8.1.1 with an iPad?  I am only able to enter any of the settings once (crossfeed, eq, etc.), upon returning to my music none of them are responsive until I reset the App. I'm using an iPad Air 2, not sure that makes a difference.

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #199 of 270
Ipad 2 8.1.1 mine is dead also. Unstable, songs won't play when changing albums or changing settings. :frowning2:

Nov 26, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #200 of 270
It might be iPad-only. I am using CanOpener with an iPhone 5 and iOS 8.1.1 and the app is darn stable. Sorry I can't help.

Nov 26, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #201 of 270
Anyone else having issues with CanOpener on iOS 8.1.1 with an iPad?  I am only able to enter any of the settings once (crossfeed, eq, etc.), upon returning to my music none of them are responsive until I reset the App. I'm using an iPad Air 2, not sure that makes a difference.

I have it installed on iPad 2 with iOS 8.1.1 and seems to be working fine for me. I never knew there was an intro track from Good Hertz.

Nov 26, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #203 of 270
Interesting, that cleaned it up.....
I have it installed on iPad 2 with iOS 8.1.1 and seems to be working fine for me.

I'd try a clean install or contact the developer.

Nov 27, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #205 of 270
I really don't want to ask this, but did the dev left us? No updates since last March, not even an update on his progress? For basic usage, the app is good. But we all know it has the potential to be much much better than any other players.

And I really really hate to say this, but I feel like I've been cheated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back